[Q] Easiest way to "clone" two HTC Ones?

Search This thread

kram12085

Apr 14, 2012
Hi all, I'm switching from Verizon to T-Mobile. After hours of searching, bricking, then recovering my HTC One (don't try flashing a T-Mobile radio to a VZW phone...) I've come to the conclusion I need to buy a T-Mobile HTC One.

I have my device set up the way I like it, with custom launcher, the way things are arranged, etc. Is there an easy way to clone my Verizon One to the T-Mobile One I eventually buy? Without having to reinstall everything and reconfigure all the settings? Thanks.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Use titanium backup to make a backup of all your personal apps and data (do not backup system apps or vzw apps). Then, copy your backup folder on your sd card from titanium backup to your pc. Once you get your t-mo one rooted. Install titanium backup and move your previous backup to the t-mo one. If you have titanium paid you can actually store your backup to a cloud and then download that backup to your new device. Hope that helps. That's how I've been doing things for years. I had a nexus 7 I setup the same way.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

spjoneser

Jun 5, 2010
Might want to look into the built in htc backup and restore feature built into the one.

kram12085

Apr 14, 2012
Use titanium backup to make a backup of all your personal apps and data (do not backup system apps or vzw apps). Then, copy your backup folder on your sd card from titanium backup to your pc. Once you get your t-mo one rooted. Install titanium backup and move your previous backup to the t-mo one. If you have titanium paid you can actually store your backup to a cloud and then download that backup to your new device. Hope that helps. That's how I've been doing things for years. I had a nexus 7 I setup the same way.

That may be how I try doing it. Any ideas on how to transfer a few gigs of music and movies between the two? Without an SD card, I can't think of a way to do it faster than transferring it all to a cloud or computer.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
That may be how I try doing it. Any ideas on how to transfer a few gigs of music and movies between the two? Without an SD card, I can't think of a way to do it faster than transferring it all to a cloud or computer.

That is probably your only option. You might even use your pc to put all your music and data into a zip. I have had trouble in the past transferring that much off of the phone not zipped up.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: kram12085

Top Liked Posts