[Q] New Moto G stuck at black screen after unlocking bootloader!

Search This thread

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
I unlocked the bootloader using the procedure from the Motorola website, followed everything correctly. My phone rebooted and then it kept rebooting...then I turned it off and then it rebooted again. I don't know what's going on.

Before this, it was on 4.4.2 (OTA update) and not rooted or modified at all. I can access fastboot but that's it...

Help. :(

EDIT: Okay, well, I still don't know why that happened but I followed the guide here and now my phone is not only still unlocked but also on the latest stock firmware. Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Last edited:

tenjou_89

Mar 7, 2014
I unlocked the bootloader using the procedure from the Motorola website, followed everything correctly. My phone rebooted and then it kept rebooting...then I turned it off and then it rebooted again. I don't know what's going on.

Before this, it was on 4.4.2 (OTA update) and not rooted or modified at all. I can access fastboot but that's it...

EDIT: Okay, well, I still don't know why that happened but I followed the guide here and now my phone is not only still unlocked but also on the latest stock firmware. Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this happen to them?

i am having the exact same problem. i've tried every rom, flashed stock recovery several times. still get blackscreen after bootanimation. though our cases differ in that my phone sunk into water for around 5 seconds (got water damaged) and that i had this problem from even before i unlocked the bootloader. i would really appreciate at least a reply from someone who knows about this. i subscrbed to your thread.

szabali

Jan 12, 2014
I solved the problem

I also had this same problem with my moto G . :crying:
I deleted the cache and the user data and then re-entered the system.:good: (There were a few minutes, you might want to wait)

fastreboot erase cache
fastreboot erase userdata
fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

abhishek pancholy

May 3, 2014
moto g not booting up

I deleted the cache and the user data and then re-entered the system.:good: (There were a few minutes, you might want to wait)

fastreboot erase cache
fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

hey,
i gota a moto g online today it was working fine until i factory restored it after that it restarted nd then restarted again now stuck at a black screen, if i try to restart it.....same black screen........i am totally new to android phones, ......after watching a video on youtube i got into the fastboot screen ....but every option leads to same black screen except one, when i select recovery, a android logo shows up and "no command" is written under it..............pls help me.......pls...pls...

SuperMarkT_95

Jun 18, 2014
Thank You

fastreboot erase cache
fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

Hello There,

I just wanted to say that I love you and are very thankful you registered on this site and posted this post in exactly this thread!
You just saved the life of my Moto G and my own life, so you can feel like a real hero right now, because you are!

kennethz3

Jun 30, 2014
Water Damage Same Problem

I also dropped my phone in water, and it started to reboot continuously. I decided to disassemble it but now I'm getting a black screen. I know that backlight still works ok (relieved). Now I have to figure out if I connected the cable incorrectly or if I have to reset cache and format the phone. Looking forward to updates!

peacechicken

Sep 13, 2013
I deleted the cache and the user data and then re-entered the system.

THANK YOU!

Same issue here, brand new Boost Moto X, after I unlocked it it rebooted to a black screen but I ignored it, went back into fastboot and installed Clockworkmod recovery but couldn't get it to ever load. I went back into fastboot mode and ran your commands, then restarted into recovery and Clockworkmod came up successfully, and I was able to continue on installing Cyanogenmod.

FYI, I used "fastboot" before the commands, not "fastreboot". So:
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

skripton78

Feb 17, 2016
dead moto xt1032 after update via OTA

THANK YOU!

Same issue here, brand new Boost Moto X, after I unlocked it it rebooted to a black screen but I ignored it, went back into fastboot and installed Clockworkmod recovery but couldn't get it to ever load. I went back into fastboot mode and ran your commands, then restarted into recovery and Clockworkmod came up successfully, and I was able to continue on installing Cyanogenmod.

FYI, I used "fastboot" before the commands, not "fastreboot". So:
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem to my moto G xt1032 which i recently updated through OTA. afetr I installed it dies. never turning on. but the led light will blink after i charge a few minutes. but never turn on.
Do anyone have an idea?
please help me.
I would really appreciate and commend.
thank you.
Firstly I flashed it with a xt1033 firmware 4.4.4 which has a dual sim flatform due to I cannot flash it with its own xt1032 firmware. maybe its a corrupt file.
After done flashing with xt1033, the phone work perfectly. it only happens after i recieved the system update from android system update

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem to my moto G xt1032 which i recently updated through OTA. afetr I installed it dies. never turning on. but the led light will blink after i charge a few minutes. but never turn on.
Do anyone have an idea?
please help me.
I would really appreciate and commend.
thank you.
Firstly I flashed it with a xt1033 firmware 4.4.4 which has a dual sim flatform due to I cannot flash it with its own xt1032 firmware. maybe its a corrupt file.
After done flashing with xt1033, the phone work perfectly. it only happens after i recieved the system update from android system update

also, can anyone have tut for doing blankflash?
thank you.

Last edited:

keshav111

Mar 12, 2016
i have moto g xt1o33 , my phone showing just only led (notification light) only on charging....
i charged my phone for a day it did not started , again full black screen
during charging notification light goes on blinking and then stay on for 30-40 seconds and then get off.....
it tried volume down + power up button , but it dint work ......... boot menu is not opening
On connecting to laptop, device manager shows unknown device...

please somebody help.......

Last edited:

swapnilsarwe

Apr 17, 2016

fastreboot erase cache
fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

You have not helped. You have saved me... thanks a ton for the solution in the simplest form. Wonderful.

Reactions: skripton78

skripton78

Feb 17, 2016
up again

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

:( pls help me

zackwire

Mar 9, 2011
Barueri - SP
Redmi Note 12 4G
up again

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

:( pls help me

Happened to me too...I have a XT1040 Peregrine on CM13, my phone discharged, and once i plug it do the charger, nothing happens, no charging screen, no bootloader trought vol down+power, just the led turned on (not blinking).

If someone could help me, I would be really grateful.

fcastro222

Sep 18, 2016
Hi all,

I have a moto g 1st gen (xt1032 lte model) and when I try to power up it, it stuck into bootloader screen.
When I try to select any bootloader screen option like, power up, recovery or factory, it reload and get
stucked on the bootloader screen again.

I've tried to reinstall another firmware (rom), but this bug remains.

mihaidenis

Aug 16, 2010
but my problem is i cant go to bootloader. it was all black out. only blinking light appear.
Try charging your phone through pc usb for 1-2 hours see if it is starting then follow
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/help/how-to-unbrick-moto-g-falcon-t3394788

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Hi all,

I have a moto g 1st gen (xt1032 lte model) and when I try to power up it, it stuck into bootloader screen.
When I try to select any bootloader screen option like, power up, recovery or factory, it reload and get
stucked on the bootloader screen again.

I've tried to reinstall another firmware (rom), but this bug remains.
Try charging your phone through pc usb for 1-2 hours see if it is starting then follow
http://xdaforums.com/moto...alcon-t3394788

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved the problem

fastreboot erase cache
    fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

fastreboot erase cache
    fastreboot reboot

I hope I helped you ;)

You have not helped. You have saved me... thanks a ton for the solution in the simplest form. Wonderful.