8.9 Usb adapter + 2,5mm HDD

Search This thread

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
I have one of those cheapo China USB adapters.
It works fine recognizing my storage when i hook up a pendrive but now i tried it with an external 2,5mm HDD and it didn't get recognized. im guessing the tab doesn't provide the HDD with enough power for it to run.
here my question: is it just my cheapo china usb adapter? does someone have the official samsung one and could try it out and see if external drive (without power chords) are supported?
would be awesome!

Hurrian

Oct 22, 2011
Quezon City
No, it won't work, there's simply not enough amps to power that.

I suggest getting a powered USB hub then making a battery pack for it (I'll get around to taking a picture of mine - I use it with my N900 and 8.9 with USB HDDs, DVD drives and USB data cards.)

Reactions: pseudoheld

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
yeah i imagined sth like that.
i have a usb hub but i was hoping to just use the drive by itself.
would be interesting to see your battery pack hack! please post some pictures!

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Why would you need a hub? Most come with a dual USB cable. Plug the main one into the tab adapter and the other one into a battery pack with USB. Should be a touch less cumbersome and you don't need to build anything, unless you really want to.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang

I suggest getting a powered USB hub then making a battery pack for it (I'll get around to taking a picture of mine - I use it with my N900 and 8.9 with USB HDDs, DVD drives and USB data cards.)

So, this 8'9 can work with external hdd?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.