Capactive or On Screen?

Search This thread

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.

on screen navbar. this was confirmed a long long time ago.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Confirmed by who? Don't a lot of phones use on screen simply for development models, then add the capacitive in the final models?

i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.

I've read a lot of the leaks, and none have really CONFIRMED on screen. Most do show it though. My big question is why the big black useless bar. It just looks bad if there's no use for it.

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
that's confirmation...
HTC wants their name on the front. if you don't like it, i would suggest a different device.

On screen isn't a game breaker for me. Just a nitpick. The all metal body and front facing speaker (as well as the Sense UI,which IMO isthe best stock UI) are enough to warrant me wanting one. Plus I have to buy a phone so I can give my wife my old M7

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
M8 dump has on screen buttons, if that's not enough confirmation :00

Sent with HTC One and a bit of Sixth Shense

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ipsuvedi

Feb 9, 2012
Mumbai
Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AFAIK

On screen nav keys are very uncomfortable ...you will be confused about where to click...and in android (except Nexus) nav key bar resizes the layout everytime when appearing...this thing is most annoying!!!

So my decision is I wont buy this if it has On Screen nav...good bye;):D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I actually find on-screen buttons more comfortable. Capacitive buttons on a large device dramatically increases the range of thumb motion required to efficiently operate it one handed. I can't say how many times I've tried to elegantly enable on-screen buttons on my GS3, but each time I was successful it was much less of a reach to hit the menu button.

I am excite for this phone. Seems more and more like a real winner. I don't mind a 2600 mah battery as the GS4 had that same size and was just fine. I was concerned they'd go with 2300-2400, at which point it'd be a deal breaker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

NathanV1977

Apr 8, 2013
Melbourne
I'm hopeful thatvthey might offer the ability to turn off on screen buttons, with hidden capacitive buttons in the large black bar. That would be ideal--the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
I actually find on-screen buttons more comfortable. Capacitive buttons on a large device dramatically increases the range of thumb motion required to efficiently operate it one handed. I can't say how many times I've tried to elegantly enable on-screen buttons on my GS3, but each time I was successful it was much less of a reach to hit the menu button.

I am excite for this phone. Seems more and more like a real winner. I don't mind a 2600 mah battery as the GS4 had that same size and was just fine. I was concerned they'd go with 2300-2400, at which point it'd be a deal breaker.

I disagree on the on screen buttons, but it's an opinion, so there's no point in arguing it.I would LOVE to see a 3000 mah battery, but supposedly 2600 is "confirmed." I personally am skeptic about anything being confirmed until HTC themselves says it.

I'm hopeful thatvthey might offer the ability to turn off on screen buttons, with hidden capacitive buttons in the large black bar. That would be ideal--the best of both worlds.

I would LOVE to see this. Or at least some use for that area. As I said earlier, it's not a deal breaker, but the random black bar along with the lack on capacitive buttons won't be appreciated on my end at least. Though I understand one opinion does not change an entire company. Unless I'm the CEO of HTC and I didn't know it.

crossmission

Feb 16, 2010
Swindon, UK
I disagree on the on screen buttons, but it's an opinion, so there's no point in arguing it.I would LOVE to see a 3000 mah battery, but supposedly 2600 is "confirmed." I personally am skeptic about anything being confirmed until HTC themselves says it.

I would LOVE to see this. Or at least some use for that area. As I said earlier, it's not a deal breaker, but the random black bar along with the lack on capacitive buttons won't be appreciated on my end at least. Though I understand one opinion does not change an entire company. Unless I'm the CEO of HTC and I didn't know it.

they put on screen keys as per google's instructions to get on their good side
BUT htc probably kept the digitizer all the way down the black space, soooo.....
htc one 2013 rewind to last may and the logo was turned to a menu button, what do you think is gonna happen this time?
come on people start looking forward, after release most software solvable problems will be dealt with

Div033

Aug 17, 2010

This would be win-tastic. But I could see how they might think of it as a wasted expense... Don't keep your hopes up.

It would be so cool though.

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
AFAIK

On screen nav keys are very uncomfortable ...you will be confused about where to click...and in android (except Nexus) nav key bar resizes the layout everytime when appearing...this thing is most annoying!!!

So my decision is I wont buy this if it has On Screen nav...good bye;):D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Oh, I absolutely love the on-screen navbar! It's so much faster and efficient than any capacitive button I've used!