Rooted but get "no root" message

Search This thread

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
I rooted successfully some time back using motochopper and regularily use tibu, root explorer etc, so know I have root, but each time I turn the screen on get this message: "Error! No root access or incompatible devise". It goes awat after a few moments but is in the way and very annoying.

I have searched xda as best I can and googled, but am not finding anything on this message. Has anyone else got this message too? Can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Dan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Sorry, I don't have a fix for you.

I went through a root hell similar to that. This was a few months ago. I googled all over and tried everything and never could fix it.
Ended up having to Odin back to stock.
Re-root & install recovery.
Then flash another rooted ROM.

You might try installing SuperSU though. See if that taking over for Superuser will resolve your issue. I doubt it though. I tried it on mine and still had weird issues.
Root worked great in some apps and not at all in others.
Like I said. I ODIN'd back to stock.

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
OK, here are the details.

SGS4 32 gig ATT i337 UCUAMDL stock out of the box rooted with this "error - no root found incompatable devise," which persists after flashing ShoStock 2.2 I337UCUAMF3 with baseband I337 UCUAMDL and 3.4.0 Jebo Kernel v1.5. Though I actually do have root and use many apps like tibu, triangle away, root explorer, etc. They all work fine. Just this pause and error message most times I activate the screen. After a bit the error message goes away, but its1 tough to do anything while it's still up.

I don't recall having this error message before restoring/unrooting my first SGS4 to stock and exchanging it for 32 gig version. It too had AMDL.

Certainly don't hold myself out to be an expert, but have been rooting / flashing for 3 years with Captivate, SGS2 and now SGS4. Been going nuts tring to find something on the issue by searching, so was glad to see CZ Eddie had a similar problem and fruitless search...and that was resolved by flash back to stock and rerooting.

Yes, BTW, I do have SuperSU installed.

Curious if there are any explanations or other solutions.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
I did a full wipe of data, cache and dalvik, restored with Titanium Backup and problem seems to be gone. So far so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
I noticed on two occasions, that this error returned coincidentally when I reinstalled or unfroze an app called Touchscreen Tune. After uninstalling or freezing that app, problrm does not recur. Has not recurred for several months now. And I remain on same stock rooted rom as previously. Not sure if there was an incompatability with touchscreen tune or if this was all coincidental. Think ill reinstall touchscreen tune and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
I noticed on two occasions, that this error returned coincidentally when I reinstalled or unfroze an app called Touchscreen Tune. After uninstalling or freezing that app, problrm does not recur. Has not recurred for several months now. And I have been remained rooted on several versions of ShoStock International rom. Not sure if there was an incompatability with touchscreen tune or if this was all coincidental. Think ill reinstall touchscreen tune and see what happens.

Snap Link

Jul 19, 2011
Yep, Touchsceen Tune appears to be the culprit. Had same problem with Tab2 earlier too. Which after reading description in the market, it was tested on SGS2, but no mention of SGS4 . And explixitly states not compatable with Tab2. That's unfortunate as was a great enhancement to my SGS2 and Tab7500. But, maybe there are other similar apps to choose from. Anyhow, seem to have identified the problem.