[Q] [NOOB] Instaling a kernel ...

Search This thread

BruKnowsBest

May 6, 2013
The Future
I am a complete noob to rooting and all this good stuff

but i have been working hard to learn the basics, this week i did my first bootloader unlock and rooting on my NEXUS 7 (2013)

what i don't know is what to look for on a kernel and how to instal it, can someone show me a good learning Thread or if you'd like to explain to me how to do it ?

I know what it is and know what it does, just don't know how to push the new kernel and installing it... sorry about the noob thread but i really wanna learn all this

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

but i have been working hard to learn the basics, this week i did my first bootloader unlock and rooting on my NEXUS 7 (2013)

what i don't know is what to look for on a kernel and how to instal it, can someone show me a good learning Thread or if you'd like to explain to me how to do it ?

I know what it is and know what it does, just don't know how to push the new kernel and installing it... sorry about the noob thread but i really wanna learn all this

Kernel is boot.img. You can push the img with fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img), or get Flashify from the play store.

If you plan on trying different kernels, it is recommended to flash the stock kernel, reboot, then flash the new custom kernel. It has something to do with some custom kernels using a custom ram disk. Not sure on the specifics, exactly.

Reactions: BruKnowsBest

BruKnowsBest

May 6, 2013
The Future
Kernel is boot.img. You can push the img with fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img), or get Flashify from the play store.

If you plan on trying different kernels, it is recommended to flash the stock kernel, reboot, then flash the new custom kernel. It has something to do with some custom kernels using a custom ram disk. Not sure on the specifics, exactly.

do i need to start over ? i already rooted and installed the custom rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

do i need to start over ? i already rooted and installed the custom rom

No.