Note 3 LMT/PIE Discussuon

Search This thread

purian23

Jan 11, 2009
Thanks for the help on the pie controls! I really appreciate it, it's just something I never really used on the Nexus, nor used the LMT itself. But without a pure AOSP build, I feel it needs tweaked a bit to get back to a little more familiar grounds. (No Nexus 5 on Verizon .. grrr)

I think I was getting myself confused a bit thinking those tweaks could give me our 3 normal softkeys to replace my physical and capacitive ones. I know it was possible on the Note 2 from reading but it didn't seem to happen without a bit of troubles. Either way, I am rooted now and have removed some of the bloat apps. I am now considering going back into the custom realm on ROMS.

Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: harajyuks

LillieBennett

Mar 5, 2012
Swoope
Is the default input device #4 the best for N3?

I replaced 1 pie button and the other defaults went missing, any way around that, I would like to replace them one at a time?

When blacklisting apps I have to scroll through ~400 app list to remove non ui sys services then select one at a time, is the list a file somewhere that can be edited by other means?

SM-N900V DE

harajyuks

Mar 26, 2010
Englishtown
Is the default input device #4 the best for N3?

I replaced 1 pie button and the other defaults went missing, any way around that, I would like to replace them one at a time? ...

I'm not sure what you mean by 'default input device'. As you set up PIE you can customize the number of tiles (up to 5) and have up to 2 levels of tiles, for a total of 10 possible shortcuts. The first level is set by default to be Android navigation buttons (soft buttons), 'back', 'home', 'menu', 'search', 'multitasking'.
3y5a3uby.jpg

If these defaults have gone missing, or there are less than 5, PIE will reduce the number of 'buttons' that show up when activated, i.e. graphic UI will be adjusted
a5une3u9.jpg

yjahegab.jpg

a7u6u2ud.jpg

I could reduce each level of PIE down to 1 'button' if I choose.

Now that I'm thinking in this context, I'm guessing that is what you mean by "default input devices". If I am reading you right, you can set up to 5 and there will be no issue for the Note 3, likewise say that you only wanted three 'buttons' or 'input devices" (Home, Back, Menu) that wouldn't be a problem either. PIE will adjust the Graphic UI to match your settings, there won't be 5 'buttons' on screen if you only set 3 of them. I hope I'm being clear?

...When blacklisting apps I have to scroll through ~400 app list to remove non ui sys services then select one at a time, is the list a file somewhere that can be edited by other means?

SM-N900V DE

Honestly I don't blacklist any apps from from PIE

ega4evy9.jpg

Can I ask why you want to Blacklist an application? Once I set the apps I want in my PIE I don't worry about the other apps I have installed on my device. I set those to be my most used apps, for the particular device om setting up. For instance, my Note 3 2nd level PIE app shortcuts are these

y4ujemyg.jpg

I have them set, and if I need to change them I just sift through the apps and replace them (I agree it does take some time to load, but once you have it set as you launch PIE it is seamless). I guess I don't understand why you want to Blacklist an application, when you only need to set the ones you want to have appear on the PIE launcher. Not that you need to validate your reasons to me, unfortunately I don't use this feature myself so I don't think I can be very helpful about this. Hopefully someone else might be able to lend some advice.

Let me know if I was on target about your question on setting the 'buttons' up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LillieBennett

Mar 5, 2012
Swoope
I'm not sure what you mean by 'default input device'. As you set up PIE you can customize the number of tiles (up to 5) and have up to 2 levels of tiles, for a total of 10 possible shortcuts. The first level is set by default to be Android navigation buttons (soft buttons), 'back', 'home', 'menu', 'search', 'multitasking'.
3y5a3uby.jpg

If these defaults have gone missing, or there are less than 5, PIE will reduce the number of 'buttons' that show up when activated, i.e. graphic UI will be adjusted
a5une3u9.jpg

yjahegab.jpg

a7u6u2ud.jpg

I could reduce each level of PIE down to 1 'button' if I choose.

Now that I'm thinking in this context, I'm guessing that is what you mean by "default input devices". If I am reading you right, you can set up to 5 and there will be no issue for the Note 3, likewise say that you only wanted three 'buttons' or 'input devices" (Home, Back, Menu) that wouldn't be a problem either. PIE will adjust the Graphic UI to match your settings, there won't be 5 'buttons' on screen if you only set 3 of them. I hope I'm being clear?

Honestly I don't blacklist any apps from from PIE

ega4evy9.jpg

Can I ask why you want to Blacklist an application? Once I set the apps I want in my PIE I don't worry about the other apps I have installed on my device. I set those to be my most used apps, for the particular device om setting up. For instance, my Note 3 2nd level PIE app shortcuts are these

y4ujemyg.jpg

I have them set, and if I need to change them I just sift through the apps and replace them (I agree it does take some time to load, but once you have it set as you launch PIE it is seamless). I guess I don't understand why you want to Blacklist an application, when you only need to set the ones you want to have appear on the PIE launcher. Not that you need to validate your reasons to me, unfortunately I don't use this feature myself so I don't think I can be very helpful about this. Hopefully someone else might be able to lend some advice.

Let me know if I was on target about your question on setting the 'buttons' up.

Input device below, default is #4:

5a5u4e5y.jpg

The reason I asked is the only pie position that works is bottom center, at first the default right worked but once I changed it, I can't put it back and have it work.

I guess the button setup as you described isn't so bad.

SM-N900V DE

harajyuks

Mar 26, 2010
Englishtown

5a5u4e5y.jpg

The reason I asked is the only pie position that works is bottom center, at first the default right worked but once I changed it, I can't put it back and have it work.

SM-N900V DE

Oh, gotcha. Gesture input is a different set of features in LMT and not invloved with the the operation of PIE. This allows you to set actions that will launch when you complete a gesture.

munyqype.jpg

Much like PIE once you select one of these options it will take you to the list where you can select the action to be completed.

uza2umyn.jpg

You don't need to set any of this up in order to use PIE, The default for all gestures is 'None'.

gereqaje.jpg

Reactions: LillieBennett

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
You were right, I am using pie all the time now. It really shines for multi task where you can switch from one app to another directly, without going through recent first. Thanks for the turn on! :)

SM-N900V DE

LMT/PIE is really cool and I just wanted to drop in to let you guys know about an app that's very similar called Switchr

He recently implemented an "Arc" style that's just like PIE, and which one you choose to use is just preference IMO
Big difference is the "Live switching" just imagine using PIE but as you swipe over your overlay icons, the foreground app changes instantly vs PIE where you have to release your finger to trigger the switching

Legato Bluesummers

Sep 22, 2010
Milford MA
To clarify, By blacklisting an app in LMT/Pie you aren't saying don't show up in the choices of apps. You are telling pie controls to not work or appear when using certain apps. So if i didn't want it to appear in Internet so I can still use its pie controls, I could black list Internet.

I don't use the feature but some people do. I never use ISA or gestures. But have been using pie since beans in the s3. Had it in my note 3 a day after the first root exploit came out after launch. So Worth it

Sent from my GlaDos Baked Potato

harajyuks

Mar 26, 2010
Englishtown
To clarify, By blacklisting an app in LMT/Pie you aren't saying don't show up in the choices of apps. You are telling pie controls to not work or appear when using certain apps. So if i didn't want it to appear in Internet so I can still use its pie controls, I could black list Internet.

I don't use the feature but some people do. I never use ISA or gestures. But have been using pie since beans in the s3. Had it in my note 3 a day after the first root exploit came out after launch. So Worth it

I never used blacklisting. Thank you for the clarification.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any questions, tips, etc? Let's talk here.

Thanks for the help on the pie controls! I really appreciate it, it's just something I never really used on the Nexus, nor used the LMT itself. But without a pure AOSP build, I feel it needs tweaked a bit to get back to a little more familiar grounds. (No Nexus 5 on Verizon .. grrr)

I think I was getting myself confused a bit thinking those tweaks could give me our 3 normal softkeys to replace my physical and capacitive ones. I know it was possible on the Note 2 from reading but it didn't seem to happen without a bit of troubles. Either way, I am rooted now and have removed some of the bloat apps. I am now considering going back into the custom realm on ROMS.

Thanks for the tips!

5a5u4e5y.jpg

SM-N900V DE

Oh, gotcha. Gesture input is a different set of features in LMT and not invloved with the the operation of PIE. This allows you to set actions that will launch when you complete a gesture.

munyqype.jpg

Much like PIE once you select one of these options it will take you to the list where you can select the action to be completed.

uza2umyn.jpg

You don't need to set any of this up in order to use PIE, The default for all gestures is 'None'.

gereqaje.jpg

Any questions, tips, etc? Let's talk here.

You were right, I am using pie all the time now. It really shines for multi task where you can switch from one app to another directly, without going through recent first. Thanks for the turn on! :)

SM-N900V DE