SD Card Damaged!!!! But why???

Search This thread

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
God everyday there is something new with this phone I probably shouldn't say this here in a android forum but what idiot i was to switch back to android again? :(
from bad reception ... unstable os and now all of a sudden it doesn't mount my sd card.. I have a 64 GB Samsung Pro... the best sd card in the market! It's telling me I have to format it but why???? Why is there a problem with android phones everyday?? please help me I'm so done with this

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Your sdcard may be formatted in a unsupported format type

Fat32 is supported by xperias
Ntfs,EXT3/4 is supported by CM11

Fat32/NTFS is supported by aoap

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
I had to format my Samsung 32GB class 10 card on my Z2 before it recognized it, some phones do the format differently, just use a PC with a card reader to copy your stuff off it then fire it into the Z2 & format it in the storage section of settings.

aeroman1

Jun 10, 2014
who told you samsung sd card is the best?? it is the worst. buy sandisk,lexar or sony sd card next time

gbear

Jul 24, 2008
Just format it to exfat, it is supporting 64g and above, and it is meant for sdcard/ssd storage

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
My SD card did that once... Samsung 16gb.

I'm not sure if this made it work but this is what I did

Download ParagonNTFS+, run it, grant superuser perms. Then reboot

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using XDA Free mobile app

kotton666

Jul 4, 2010
If the card isn't unmounted before taking it out it will ask for it to be formatted as it won't recognise it. It's a pain with this phone because to put the card all the way in you need to push it in with something like the end of a pen because the slot is deep inside the edge of the phone so that a waterproof flap can go over it. As a consequence it's easy to not quite push it in fully, but far enough for it to get a false read, which will cause it not to be recognised when inserted properly and require formatting.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

benengyj

Jun 14, 2009
Also, beware when you're formatting a 64gb SDXC card using a USB reader. The reader itself has to support SDXC otherwise the card will be FUBARed. I accidentally killed my first 64gb card twice that way - thank goodness the shop didn't ask what happened when I requested an exchange.