WinCE ARM apps and Surface RT (jailbroken)

Search This thread

Globalrebel

Nov 8, 2006
California
I have an app (ECUTalk) that can run on both Windows x86 and ARM (WinCE). I would think that this would be easy to port over to the Windows RT device. Anyone think this would be possible?

LolitaPlus

Oct 30, 2013
I have an app (ECUTalk) that can run on both Windows x86 and ARM (WinCE). I would think that this would be easy to port over to the Windows RT device. Anyone think this would be possible?

Title is misleading.

There is a thread for port request.

It uses .net 1.x which is not exist on Windows RT, thus it can not run as-is (assuming it's a pure .net program).

No source code, no port.

netham45

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2009
Denver
WinCE and Windows are two totally different beasts. You won't ever be able to just run a WinCE app on Windows. It'll require a fair deal of reworking.

Reactions: Globalrebel

TFGBD

Mar 9, 2005
It might be possible to run ARM WinCE apps if someone ports the Shared Source Device Emulator 1.0 Microsoft has made. Though, I doubt it would be easy as that thing probably makes heavy use of x86 ASM.

You could likely use QEMU to run an x86 build of WinCE in emulation.

Another possible option would be to use the MESS emulator package. There is at least one driver that can boot Windows CE on an emulated ARM board.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WinCE and Windows are two totally different beasts. You won't ever be able to just run a WinCE app on Windows. It'll require a fair deal of reworking.