[Fix] Haptic feedback on UK 3.4.2-117

Search This thread

andyfletcher

Aug 11, 2008
Do not use apkmanager for this. Use simply winrar or 7zip. Do not even unzip and then zip again. Use drag and drop and overwrite the file inside apk.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

that is what i did.

I opened up the .apk file in 7zip, deleted the resources.arsc from within the zip, then dropped the new one into the zip and copied the file back to /system/framework using root explorer. As soon i said yes to overwrite the handset rebooted and began looping.

andyfletcher

Aug 11, 2008
LOL, I'm a stoopid boy.

I just used winrar and it's working perfectly now :)

I also added it to my Protected Market Apps Fix and Camera Mod .zip file to install via recovery and it works. :D

The modified stock framework-res.apk is within this zip if anyone wants to download just for that.

Cheers. :D

Fantastic! Just what i wanted (saved me getting involved with apkmanager too).
Thanks!

Testing now.....

RESULT!! Fantastic, big thanks to mcm_xyz & MadStu. Now we have a perfect UK froyo!

I would have like to have had the black status bar. Every theme i have applied causes me to loop. Hey MadStu, whats the chance of adding a black status bar mod into your "super multifunction zip" ?

Cheers.
Andy

Last edited:

muhski

Jul 17, 2007
Last edited:

andyfletcher

Aug 11, 2008

Attachments

• screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 195
  • screenshot_5.jpg
    screenshot_5.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

edition-

Dec 25, 2010
Lisbon
LOL, I'm a stoopid boy.

I also added it to my Protected Market Apps Fix and Camera Mod .zip file to install via recovery and it works. :D

The modified stock framework-res.apk is within this zip if anyone wants to download just for that.

So it can be used in a standard/odex ROM?

hitones

Sep 21, 2009
LOL, I'm a stoopid boy.

Thanks, this worked a treat

muhski

Jul 17, 2007
ich wahr zu faul nen eigenen screen zu machen!
und credits sind beim post eingefügt :D

teodysalivia

Dec 26, 2008
Butuan City
Hello to all.

I consider UK 3.4.2-117 the best rom so far. However the haptic feedback missing was killing me so I started digging. Long story short, by a mistake I found that the responsible file for this was framework-res.apk. So I decompiled with apkmanager 4.9 and compared with the TMO file. I found some differences in res\values\arrays.xml with suggestive names: "VibePattern".

Solution: use the file attached and put it to the root of ramework-res.apk

The reason for not providing the whole file "ramework-res.apk" is because I made interface modifications to mine (black status bar and so on...)

Please let me know if this worked for you!

Update: Seems there is no problem on odexed roms either so install with confidence. Do not use ApkManager to recompile. Simply replace the file inside the apk with winrar or 7zip. If you are on stock rom MadStu has prepared a nandroid zip for you. Read further.

THANKS! it revived the feedback including the multikeyboards. EXCELLENT.

reinsen

Dec 26, 2010
Bochum
i dont really get it... i found the apk file but i dont know how to access it on my pc?!

tried to copy it to sd card -> modify on pc -> cant copy back.

help :(

madlive

Oct 29, 2006
that is what i did.

I opened up the .apk file in 7zip, deleted the resources.arsc from within the zip, then dropped the new one into the zip and copied the file back to /system/framework using root explorer. As soon i said yes to overwrite the handset rebooted and began looping.

Same problem here, anyone knows what I can do?

dan13l

Aug 3, 2005
Presumably you could make an APK that does the opposite? I'm trying to turn haptic feedback off on my wife's Defy. I'd flash the UK 3.4.2 rom, but I'm concerned about breaking downgrading on a phone that needs to be stable (ie, if the Froyo rom has issues, she's stuck with it).

dblanc

Apr 29, 2008
First of all thank you guys for finding and sharing the fix for the haptic feedback!

I want to use the theme from this site: http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/46988-barre-de-status-en-noir-pour-la-rom-uk-342-117-nouvelle-version-disponible-14032011/
However when I do, I loose the haptic feedback again.
I tried to re-apply your ".zip" files, but then loose the theme again.

Here comes the request: could someone make the haptic feedback as a standalone zip file, so it can be flashed on "themed ROMs"? (or alternatively some further "how to" to use the 7zip file, I must say I struggle to understand the framework-res.apk method...)

Thanks and sorry for my basic problem... :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all.

I consider UK 3.4.2-117 the best rom so far. However the haptic feedback missing was killing me so I started digging. Long story short, by a mistake I found that the responsible file for this was framework-res.apk. So I decompiled with apkmanager 4.9 and compared with the TMO file. I found some differences in res\values\arrays.xml with suggestive names: "VibePattern".

Solution: use the file attached and put it to the root of ramework-res.apk

The reason for not providing the whole file "ramework-res.apk" is because I made interface modifications to mine (black status bar and so on...)

Please let me know if this worked for you!

Update: Seems there is no problem on odexed roms either so install with confidence. Do not use ApkManager to recompile. Simply replace the file inside the apk with winrar or 7zip. If you are on stock rom MadStu has prepared a nandroid zip for you. Read further.
    Do not use apkmanager for this.

LOL, I'm a stoopid boy.

@andy:
    http://www.multiupload.com/JGGH3UZ0HW

this is MadStus pack with a black bar! (hope it's ok, MadStu) (blackbar-credits go to Mr. shaftenberg :D )

blackbar looks like this: http://img214.imageshack.us/i/25026d1296490175android.png/ (shaftenberg-credits, again :D )

no clock, sry! (also Mr. Shaftenberg :D )

ps: if you don't like it, just install the "old" file of MadStu again, works fine for me!
    Yes no problem, it will only overwrite a couple of your existing files with the same ones :)
    With MadStus pack it does work with odex and deodex, i tried with odex!