[EXPERIMENTAL][PORT][RECOVERY][MULTIBOOT]Tassadar's MultiROM v11 for the Optimus V

Search This thread

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Okay, this is up now for you brave people to test!
Here's the original thread.
[EXPERIMENTAL] MultiROM v11 (Touchscreen support) - Boot ROM from sdcard

All the important info and how-to-use instructions are in the first two posts of that thread.
If you like it, please go there and click on thanks for Tassadar.

I've given it over a week of testing between v10 and v11 and haven't found a single glitch myself.
So, here you go!
The ported recovery has a kernel compatible with either novatek or hitachi screens, if you're wondering :)
CWM-based MultiROM recovery for the Optimus V (flashable zip)
md5sum: 3113af2b52db9532717ab8d38e82e6e8

MultiRom v11 for the Optimus V
md5sum: 3f3523ffe17158d3ff5b8e3b662c76bf
Previous links are dead, bite me 4shared
here is twrp, cwm, and multirom installer with a working (for now, bite me androidfilehost too,) download folder
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=317349
I'll post more info later (I'm short on time but said I'd get this uploaded today.)
all you really need to know to make it work is in the original thread. Just use these Optimus V files instead of the ones in Tasssadar's post.

I'll edit this and the second post later with more specific instructions.

FYI: This is not a ROM. This is a recovery, and flashable overlay for your boot.img which allow booting from roms on sd-ext or from internal memory.

Please read the original thread before using.

More later! Enjoy.

Oh, yeah.
Standard disclaimer: Flashing your phone may cause bricking.
Don't blame me, or Tasssadar... Just take proper precautions. As the original thread says, BACKUP! Also, never flash a ROM and recovery at the same time, make sure the first works before you flash the second.

Last edited:

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
extra info:

you can't mix froyo and gingerbread ROMS unless you flash a Xionia or Xionia Redux anykernel over your boot.img first.
The multiROM uses the boot.img kernel for all the installed ROMs, and most kernels are made for either froyo or gingerbread but not both. Xionia kernels are the only exception to that rule I'm aware of.

I'll link to the xionia kernels later, for now it's just a short warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: glarepate

brotherswing

Jul 23, 2009
Yay, my old login still works! Downloading now, will test and report on both forums.

Edit:: Just saw my post count. Wowsers! I knew I was a lurker but two and half years and this is my first post here!?

Last edited:

JerryScript

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
Thanks alot for porting this over to the OV! I'm going to test it out as soon as I have an hour or two. Should make things easier when debugging new builds.

DarkLG

Jan 1, 2011
Going to try this sometime today I'm pretty sure some will find the original thread guide a bit confusing lol

ajones23

Apr 13, 2011
New Braunfels,Tx
I'm going to try this over the weekend. It might come in handy for testing builds. Ill try it. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using xda premium

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Going to try this sometime today I'm pretty sure some will find the original thread guide a bit confusing lol

unfortunately I'm even wordier than Tasssadar, so when i eventually get time to rewrite the directions and add them to post 2, they probably won't be much more user-friendly.

and it may be a couple days until screenshots and directions show up.

mostly i just wanted the thing up for others to play around with.

Reactions: glarepate

DarkLG

Jan 1, 2011
unfortunately I'm even wordier than Tasssadar, so when i eventually get time to rewrite the directions and add them to post 2, they probably won't be much more user-friendly.

True having it up is most important I'll try it sometime today and possibly try making a noob friendly guide if I have some time.

Tasssadar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Brno
tasssadar.github.com
Nice to see this, good work :) By the way, MultiROM Mgr app (in original thread) should work on this device too, but do not use online install/update feature, it is only for LGP500 for now, but I will add support for this phone, too.

Can somebody send me output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" on your phone?

Reactions: bigsupersquid

Raul027

May 7, 2011
6361111d-5265-15b8.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tasssadar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, this is up now for you brave people to test!
    Here's the original thread.
    [EXPERIMENTAL] MultiROM v11 (Touchscreen support) - Boot ROM from sdcard

All the important info and how-to-use instructions are in the first two posts of that thread.
    If you like it, please go there and click on thanks for Tassadar.

I've given it over a week of testing between v10 and v11 and haven't found a single glitch myself.
    So, here you go!
    The ported recovery has a kernel compatible with either novatek or hitachi screens, if you're wondering :)
    CWM-based MultiROM recovery for the Optimus V (flashable zip)
    md5sum: 3113af2b52db9532717ab8d38e82e6e8

MultiRom v11 for the Optimus V
    md5sum: 3f3523ffe17158d3ff5b8e3b662c76bf
    Previous links are dead, bite me 4shared
    here is twrp, cwm, and multirom installer with a working (for now, bite me androidfilehost too,) download folder
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=317349
    I'll post more info later (I'm short on time but said I'd get this uploaded today.)
    all you really need to know to make it work is in the original thread. Just use these Optimus V files instead of the ones in Tasssadar's post.

I'll edit this and the second post later with more specific instructions.

FYI: This is not a ROM. This is a recovery, and flashable overlay for your boot.img which allow booting from roms on sd-ext or from internal memory.

Please read the original thread before using.

More later! Enjoy.

Oh, yeah.
    Standard disclaimer: Flashing your phone may cause bricking.
    Don't blame me, or Tasssadar... Just take proper precautions. As the original thread says, BACKUP! Also, never flash a ROM and recovery at the same time, make sure the first works before you flash the second.

True having it up is most important I'll try it sometime today and possibly try making a noob friendly guide if I have some time.
    Thanks. v13 should be compatible with this phone, do full backup before testing however. It is using files by bigsupersquid.

http://www.multiupload.com/NYYBX9CAFD
    extra info:

you can't mix froyo and gingerbread ROMS unless you flash a Xionia or Xionia Redux anykernel over your boot.img first.
    The multiROM uses the boot.img kernel for all the installed ROMs, and most kernels are made for either froyo or gingerbread but not both. Xionia kernels are the only exception to that rule I'm aware of.

I'll link to the xionia kernels later, for now it's just a short warning.
    Oh, I forgot something: If first line in Updater in Mgr app is not "Model: LS670/VM670", do not even try it! It means it did not recognize that it runs on different phone.