Still no decent replacement for the Desire

Search This thread

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T
Why 'no' to the microsim? You can trim a normal simcard to fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UlXjpjK4

I dont know... I really dont like the idea of going through all that trouble of making my sim incompatible with the rest of my old phones or majority of other users where I am located. I wanna make it sure that if ever I cant get my new phone to work (because of some stupid stuff I did modding it) I can just put my sim to another phone and not worry about people not being able to reach me during those time. You can say I can just make an adapter but then why go through all the trouble?

Im pretty sure micro sims would be or is the standard right now but its not widely popular where I am yet.

via xda app

Geegeeoh

Feb 3, 2012
You can just use an adapter then:

microsim.jpg.png

zedmarcus

Aug 3, 2011
Spalding
The way the Desire forums are going I think it's high time I moved on (all the name calling and *****ing is unbelievable!).

But what to get??? I see the HTC Sensation has finally dipped below £300 on Amazon.uk but if I get it I know I'll be wanting something newer as soon as I get it...

Hmm... I just don't know. Maybe the new Sony Xperia S???
Choices, choices...

zedmarcus

Aug 3, 2011
Spalding
You'd change the phone becouse… of the *****ing and **** on a forum?

No. I'd change the phone because development on the Desire is dead. All of the decent developers have now gone (they've moved on to newer devices), I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids *****ing and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

Desire development??? That's a bit of a joke now.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app

I kinda agree, but the Xperia S looks a decent device.

Reactions: erklat

erklat

Nov 14, 2010
I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids *****ing and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

I couldn't have said it better either. Or maybe I could employ an image or two :D

I have had it for slightly less than you, but it has repaid itself many times since then. I have had great times tinkering with it and playing, and with kids and discount hunters remaining here, it is unsafe IQ-wise to be here any longer :)

zedmarcus

Aug 3, 2011
Spalding
I couldn't have said it better either. Or maybe I could employ an image or two :D

I have had it for slightly less than you, but it has repaid itself many times since then. I have had great times tinkering with it and playing, and with kids and discount hunters remaining here, it is unsafe IQ-wise to be here any longer :)

+1
(10 chars)

sudkcoce

Sep 25, 2009
I was playing with One X a few days ago. My colleague has it. By all means it's a better phone, but my Desire (running MIUI XJ) did not feel "so so so olddd" at all...
I still like it and I have decided to wait until next generation of best HTC phones.
And so far, I don't really care for ICS. MIUI XJ is a really powerful and stable ROM.
-Just my 0.02...

DarkAngel00

Aug 10, 2010
still not found a valid desire replacement..
my desire is with me from 2 years now
i need a phone with a normal screen (4" it's enough)
with nfc, dual core, a lot of space and a sd slot (i have 15gb of photos)
i want an htc because sense (ok now i'm using oxygen but if i want i can have a real sense) don't want a samsung toy o sony/lg whit crappy support...
the one s is almost perfect but no sd and no nfc (i dont want to buy a phone every year it must last 2-3 years)

:crying:
yoda say: hard to find the perfect phone is...

B3t4

Jun 26, 2012
Uddevalla
I'm also looking for a replacement, HTC of course. But either they are to big (One X, S) or has to bad performance like the One V. Hope that the next generation will bring a powerfull 3.7"-4" phone.

boscovich

Apr 5, 2011
Personally I'm waiting for the next HTC LTE phone that will be able to use the Italy LTE frequencies. In 6/8 months will be the generation jump so the top smartphone will hold LTE SOCS.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Well, the Desire V is coming soon, it's already released in China and it will flow through the rest of the world.

Maybe a decent replacement...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whaddya mean there isn't any decent replacement for HTC Desire? There are A LOT of decent replacements out on the market.

The only difference is unlike when Desire came out sticking out like a sore thumb in the mobile market, today's mobile market is very competitive.. congested even.
    Good idea, I always look for image comparissons on line. Problem is that one is already 33% wrong as thats not a Bold. No idea about the moto.

My guess is it used stock images for all of then because those are some phones I've had before (Motorola is current) and the sizes they have for them seem pretty accurate.

Sent from my CWM OC'd CM7 Electrify.
    You'd change the phone becouse… of the *****ing and **** on a forum?

No. I'd change the phone because development on the Desire is dead. All of the decent developers have now gone (they've moved on to newer devices), I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids *****ing and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

Desire development??? That's a bit of a joke now.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app

I kinda agree, but the Xperia S looks a decent device.
    Well, the Desire V is coming soon, it's already released in China and it will flow through the rest of the world.

Maybe a decent replacement...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

It doesnt srem to be much of an improvment from the classic desire?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
    ok.. good to see u have a sense of humour :cyclops:

Yes but I don't have yet sense 4 of humour on my desire

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app