4.0.4 IMM76I OTA rolling out NOW - Fixes signal drops! (OTA link inside)

Search This thread

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Not that I know of. How would I determine if I have a custom recovery? I really haven't dived into roms or any other mods on this phone because I was impressed with it as is.

I followed the YAKJU instructions on the day I received the phone as it was a unit from Eastern Europe shipped off of onesaleaday.com. The phones arrival incidentally was at the same time they started the updates for YAKJU to go to 4.04. I think there was instructions to change to YAKJU and 4.04 all at once.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IF you followed my instructions here, then you probably skipped the parts I had labeled as optional. You need to have all the images for the update to install over-the-air. If you want to have it install OTA, go back and flash just the optional images (from the IMM76D factory image) and then it will install OTA. Alternatively, follow the instructions here.

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
So is it just me who gets a tonne of data drops still. I'm on 3 in the UK. If I lose signal when on standby, most of the time, when I get signal again it comes back without data. Driving to work is almost a guaranteed loss of data.

No combination of existing ROMs / Radios makes it any better that I can find.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to multiple reports on this forum, the Galaxy Nexus IMM76I update is rolling out to users as of Friday 20 April, 2012.

As of the time of writing this post, there has been no official statement from Google, but unofficial reports suggest that this update fixes signal issues experienced by many GSM Galaxy Nexi after the IMM76D 4.0.4 update.

The update seems to be minor. Download the OTA update zip here:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip

This update zip works ONLY ON STOCK IMM76D 4.0.4 ROM WITH STOCK KERNEL. That means, ALL files in your system and boot partitions should be unmodified (file additions are okay, like with the case of root). A custom radio and/or root is fine for this update, though. Instructions on how to flash the zip, are on efrant's awesome thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419170

As of now, it's likely that the update is only for GSM Galaxy Nexus models running the Yakju build. Since the signal issue affected GSM models only, it's likely that the CDMA Galaxy Nexus won't get this update.

Time to start spamming the "Check Now" button even though I didn't have the issue in the first place! :)
    Or you could just do this.
    I always have to step through the procedure twice for it to work.
    But at least you don't have to hook up to a computer or anything.

ok what you need to do is
    1. go to setting / apps then hit the all button at the top
    2. scroll down to google services framework and then press it to open
    3. hit the clear data button
    4. go to settings / about phone / system updates (you will notice the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok )
    5. hit the check now button
    6. Nexus should show you the 4.0.4 update avaliable
    7. hit install and enjoy

According to multiple reports on this forum, the Galaxy Nexus IMM76I update is rolling out to users as of Friday 20 April, 2012.

As of the time of writing this post, there has been no official statement from Google, but unofficial reports suggest that this update fixes signal issues experienced by many GSM Galaxy Nexi after the IMM76D 4.0.4 update.

The update seems to be minor. Download the OTA update zip here:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip

Instructions on how to flash it, are on efrant's awesome thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419170

As of now, it's likely that the update is only for GSM Galaxy Nexus models running the Yakju build. Since the signal issue affected GSM models only, it's likely that the CDMA Galaxy Nexus won't get this update.

Time to start spamming the "Check Now" button even though I didn't have the issue in the first place! :)
    [BOOT.IMG] Insecure boot.img for IMM76I (ICS 4.0.4)

Not sure if the IMM76D boot image will work with IMM76I. Try it and see. If not, see if someone posted an insecure version in the dev section. Otherwise, the source should be out by now, so you should be able to compile one yourself (assuming you know how).

okay, this is my first try in creating an insecure boot image, it works fine on my gnex and adb says it is running as root. i have not tried more until now. since i don't have enough posts i cannot create a thread in the dev section. but i wanted to share it anyway. maybe someone can post it for me? ;)
    here thats all what cwm puts out:

installing: /sdcard/cwm-IMM76-boot-zip
    Finding update package
    Opening update package
    Installing update
    E: Error in sdcard/cwm-Imm76I-boot.zip
    (status 6)
    installation aborted

thats all

Fixed. Try this one.