[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [grouper]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [grouper] » Feb 7

Just installed this and it's lightning fast. Only one problem, can't figure out where to get the GAPPS that has the gallery with Picasa sync. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN

Just installed this and it's lightning fast. Only one problem, can't figure out where to get the GAPPS that has the gallery with Picasa sync. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks

I figured it out. Anyway, loving this rom, my Nexus 7 is buttery again!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia

Anyone using any other kernels? I was thinking of trying motley but didn't know if it would break anything

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin

Hi guys, former Liquid Smooth ROM user here, I can see the majority of people involved in liquid have started this project so ill check this ROM out :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Came from CM10.1 Nightlies to Carbonrom for N7 today. I switched my Galaxy S3 from LIQUIDSMOOTH to Carbonrom last week so I mostly knew what to expect from CarbonRom.

DIRTY Flashed CarbonROM, 121212gapps, and MyLifeRocks10 play store apk and everything works and is smooth and stable. Went with the stock LINARO kernel. Had to do a minor tweak to get the secondary users working right again. See below.

-I had Nova launcher on my primary user so everything was still there and it worked. My lockscreen lost it's Chronus and Calendar widget but that's no big deal
-My son who uses the tablet as a secondary user has Apex launcher so his settings survived the dirty flash and he was fine in his launcher too
-Both my daughters had been using Trebuchet (CM's launcher) so when I logged in as them on the N7 there was no launcher at all and no way to get to apps. To fix this I sent them each an email with a link to Nova Launcher in the Playstore. Then I set up the Gmail lockscreen widget for each of them and used it to open the email I'd sent and install Nova;) Now they are fine.
-Another problem I had to overcome was an "Unfortunately Themes Provider has Stopped" error message that I got whenever a secondary user logged in or whenever they rotated their screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa. I'd encountered this issue before when I tried out DIRTY-AOKP rom for N7 a few weeks ago to. Chalk it up to my dirty flash? I don't know. To fix this I went to Settings>Apps>All>Themes Provider>Disable for EVERY SECONDARY user on the tablet. I left this setting alone for primary user. This fixs the problem without even rebooting
-I needed the MyLifeRocks custom playstore because I wanted to test switching the DPI from 213 to 165 using Carbon's built in DPI settings. I've messed around with a lot of DPI settings in build.prop and a lot of TabletUI ROMs trying to find nirvana --- and I knew that custom DPI causes Play Store compatibility issues. Anyhow, the custom MyLifeRocks playstore works. 32 apps needed updates before setting the DPI to 165, and 32 apps need updates after switching to DPI = 165.
-LASTLY, I HAVE FOUND THE N7 PHABLET UI & SWYPE BETA 1.4 KEYBOARD NIRVANA I'VE BEEN SEEKING!!! As stated above, I've been monkeying with build props and Tablet/Phablet/PhoneUI's for months and haven't found the right fit for my need. The problem is that in landscape mode at default DPI (213), the Swype keyboard acts like it's in phone mode and many apps that I use daily, e.g. Talk, Email. I can't stand not seeing the GTalk thread history while I'm typing a new thread, so I've just been using Android 4.2 Keyboard instead, until now. With the DPI set thru Carbon Settings to 165 I get to have my cake {Phablet Mode -- Back, Home, Recent centered on bottom, Nav Drawer upper left, and Toggles upper right)} and eat it too {use Swype Beta keyboard in Landscape Tablet view}. No other ROM (CM10, CM10.1, Paranoid, DIRTY AOKP), DPI hack, or TabletUI setting I've tried has been able to deliver stock Phablet UI and tablet behavior in Swype Beta. With DPI on 165 and Settings>Display>Font Size>Huge

I'm stoked!!! Thanks, Carbon!

Reactions: mattmanwrx

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin

Done a full wipe even though I was coming from another AOSP ROM, everything went smoothly, no force close issues, also flashed Franco r46 kernel and using Nova Launcher, blazing fast and very smooth

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mattmanwrx

anilkuj

Jul 25, 2007
jersey city

Thanks fit the wonderful ROM, its superb fast and smooth. Only one request can you please add option for tablet UI

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

mstrk242

Apr 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

This rom is amazing. Using it with morfic kernel. I've found my new favorite rom. Great work thanks for sharing!

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN

Yeah I'm loving it, pretty snappy, lots of customization options

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN

I decided I like this rom enough I'm going to stick with it. I gotta ask though, when it gets updated to 4.2.2, do I need to flash the new bootloader first, because I'm not exactly sure how to obtain that. I remember 4.1.2 had a bootloader update, and someone posted a flashable zip for it, but this time nobody has. Just curious, thanks!

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
I decided I like this rom enough I'm going to stick with it. I gotta ask though, when it gets updated to 4.2.2, do I need to flash the new bootloader first, because I'm not exactly sure how to obtain that. I remember 4.1.2 had a bootloader update, and someone posted a flashable zip for it, but this time nobody has. Just curious, thanks!

Hi,

I bought my N7 release week (July 17, 2012, around that day) and have never updated the bootloader...

I rooted the day I got it, put roms on it that day, and have ever since... I dont think a bootloader is needed :)

Reactions: tlkl and Cor-master

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN

Cool good deal, thanks. Yeah mine isn't far behind yours, c70 model, 16gb,bought it first week of august

Reactions: razzniel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

I hate Nova. And hate it when is included in a ROM same thing for apex or any other launcher included in a ROM. Just put the stock one on there and if someone wants to use something else fine. But I just uninstall whatever is included as soon as the ROM boots. But that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just to let you all know, Nova Launcher has been replaced by Launcher2 (stock) for this exact reason... If users want their favourite launcher, they can download it :)

Still wokring daily to get you guys 4.2.2... Syncing now actually for a brand new build... :)
    Re: [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [grouper] » Feb 25

Bluetooth is known to me and I know a fix too...
    Update heading your way soon ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Finally, about time eh!!!

Update is out... OP is updated... Enjoy.... :)