Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

MufcTK

Feb 27, 2012
---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

U can set particular tones for contacts only if they are saved in phone not the sim..( Don't remove the sim contacts )

and click on the contact and then options and there would be ur option...

set it and enjoy..[/QUOTE]
hi thanks for your response but as you can see that was my first question! how to transfer contacts from sim to phone!!
and another problem im having that for some reason clicking on a post which revealed option to reply etc on the xda app is not workong the app crashes :(
but that is temporary. if you know then please help me with transfering my contacts! thanks :)

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
Either the app isnt decompiled correctly

or there's problem with apk..

decompile it using both frameworks

if the files are not there then create it and add ur info of name change..
and add it's entry in public.xml

and post

i installed frameworks on my samsung galaxy ace 2 and now my phone is stuck in a endless boot cycle

CLEAR CACHE AND ALSO BACKUP UR DATA IF THERE ISN'T ANY MADE TILL YET..VIA STOCK RECOVERY AND AFTER THAT CLEAR DATA. THEN REBOOT

HOME +POWER+VOL UP.

OR

IF IT DOESN'T HELP THEN FLASH THE STOCK FRAMEWORK.ZIP VIA STOCK RECOVERY BACK.

U'LL FIND IT HERE ON XDA EASILY..
I'LL POST THE LINK IF I GET 1.

AND POST HERE

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

i usually hold the volume key down after turning the phone off. It doesn't light the required color and goes to charging mode although i have all the drivers installed, i read several threads and i think the phone is on a hard brick, but what is different is that it keeps restarting on sony ericsson's text.

How did it happen?

May i know , as it will be helpful.

Does the phone charges via pc or not.

Press power + vol up till 3 vibes and reboot..

Also try to boot in fastboot mode with vol up keys while inserting usb and see does it enters fastboot or not..

And try again for flashmode ( vol down while plugging usb )

also try a diff usb port..

Perform these and post here

Last edited:

pranavgaur007

Oct 21, 2013
Can I flash Jaggyrom 3 on clockwork mod recovery ? My htc got stuck on htc logo after I flashed it on this recovery! What should I do?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

U can set particular tones for contacts only if they are saved in phone not the sim..( Don't remove the sim contacts )

set it and enjoy..
hi thanks for your response but as you can see that was my first question! how to transfer contacts from sim to phone!!
and another problem im having that for some reason clicking on a post which revealed option to reply etc on the xda app is not workong the app crashes :(
but that is temporary. if you know then please help me with transfering my contacts! thanks :)[/QUOTE]

From the phonebook go to option and select import and choose copy to phone from sim card..

and about the xda app.. it may be due to server problem...

clear its data from settings - app and xda there will be ur option for clear data.

Reactions: MufcTK

Sorrow256

Apr 25, 2013
Devon
CLEAR CACHE AND ALSO BACKUP UR DATA IF THERE ISN'T ANY MADE TILL YET..VIA STOCK RECOVERY AND AFTER THAT CLEAR DATA. THEN REBOOT

HOME +POWER+VOL UP.

OR

got it back just did the kies recovery thing need to re- root is superuser by chainsDD for jelly bean i don't like superSU i have a galaxy ace 2 on 4.1.2 jelly bean

Last edited:

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
hey guys i successfully rooted my alcatel ot 918, after some times i couldnd add volume while playing music so i mwent to recovery and did fix
apk, after which it got stuck on alcatel logo so i wiped all factory now my phone only displays andorid logo then goes off and on again, is there way i can fix it please guide me am new to this

flash the stock rom again on the device using stock recovery, cwm or sp flashtools.

Check the link and also confirm the device model. is it ot 918 or ot 918d..

and proceed acc. to that.

http://todayonlyspecial.blogspot.in/2012/11/xda-developers-original-roms-for.html

and post here if u get any problems..Good luck

keifus.rahn

Jun 30, 2013
Midland Tx
hey guys i successfully rooted my alcatel ot 918, after some times i couldnd add volume while playing music so i mwent to recovery and did fix
apk, after which it got stuck on alcatel logo so i wiped all factory now my phone only displays andorid logo then goes off and on again, is there way i can fix it please guide me am new to this

Try my thread before you flash the nandroid and system and boot img http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2426426

Download= nandroid_md5.rar - /\ system.img and boot.img
Boot into Recovery go to "Mounts and Storage" plug your device into your computer and scroll to mount SD card and click on it. Then place the "nandroid,zip" and the "boot img" on your SD card then click unmount SD card and do a full wipe= wipe data / factory reset wipe dalvic catchy and format system then flash your nandroid and boot img then go to advanced fix permissions and reboot.

or you can use this flash tool if your device has usb debugging on flash tool

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

My bad
Guess i was still working on it when you posted lol

Last edited:

MufcTK

Feb 27, 2012
Do one thing if it's under warranty then take it to the nearest service center

or

boot in stock recovery by pressing this combi.

power + vol up

and clear data from there..

remember this that it will delete all the phone's data like contacts,sms etc.

so backup from stock recovery if the option's available there.

flash the stock rom again via sp flash tools

Check both links and download any firmware u want.. and check the model no. on the back of device by removing the battery.
Download the firmware for the model no. mentioned in there

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671527

and

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671527

and post here for further steps

set it and enjoy..

but that is temporary. if you know then please help me with transfering my contacts! thanks :)

From the phonebook go to option and select import and choose copy to phone from sim card..

and about the xda app.. it may be due to server problem...

clear its data from settings - app and xda there will be ur option for clear data.[/QUOTE]

OMG thank you sooo much it was so stupid of me to not check there. :p
Thanks a lot now that i have got all the set up ill try themeing and stuff :) yaya thanks again

tupacpsp

Jan 10, 2012
Which apps can I delete after rooting my phone?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Kliker23

Oct 3, 2013
sounds like your stuck in bootloop you can try my thread and see if it helps if not let me know and well find a different way= http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2426426

And info for kaiser http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_Kaiser/Flashing

This method isn't working. i tried it but it dont works. i ahve instaled my android OS on my NAND but i didnt choose the right panel. the OS isnt working well too. i tried to instal windows mobile after that, and it instaled til 50% and it stucked, and the phone restarted.Than i tried a different rom, and it dont want to install. it stucks on 0%. i tried with the first windows mobile OS again but it reseted on 1%.Tnx

acasmc

Mar 16, 2011
I have a question.
I'm using Sony Xperia ION, don't think that's relevant, but just to mention.
On stock ROM, and all stock base ROMs, including some other phone models, Arc S, One X, Sensation..., I always had one problem. In phone book, some contacts are missing. Even when checked "show all contacts" option. But in messaging, all contacts are there. Even those missing from phone book.
To get things more weird, on CyanogenMod based ROMs, and MIUI ROMs all contacts are there. In phone book, and in messaging.
How to figure out, what is the problem? Are CyanogenMod and MIUI ROMs reading phone book in some different manner then stock based ones?
Any idea how to fix that?
Thanks.

Sent from my Xperia ion using Tapatalk

zidan92

May 23, 2013

HOME +POWER+VOL UP.

OR

AND POST HERE

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

How did it happen?

May i know , as it will be helpful.

Does the phone charges via pc or not.

Press power + vol up till 3 vibes and reboot..

Also try to boot in fastboot mode with vol up keys while inserting usb and see does it enters fastboot or not..

And try again for flashmode ( vol down while plugging usb )

also try a diff usb port..

Perform these and post here

Thanks for your reply, the problem started when I tried to flash an ics version to the phone, the phone suddenly turned off then I could never boot-up to it again. I tried what you mentioned earlier using the power +vol up nothing happened, and yes it charges via PC, I also tried the fastboot mode with no success unfortunately, through the usage of different cables.

Golfnuut

May 20, 2013
Samsung S4 and Echoe Rom V5

Hi
I have an S4 and tried the ECHOE ROM V5 but had issues with no phone signal and even no provider recognised.
I see there is a recommendation that the stock modem be flashed after the rom
Then I note many issues for some that have flashed the modem
I am in Australia and wonder is the 'stock modem' the same world wide or do I need something specific
ECHOE Rom V3.1 works just fine and I have reverted to that but would like to keep up with the current offerings
I hate maing one line comments just to get the post count up so I can't post in that forum as yet
Any help/advice would be appreciated
Thank You

TechShui

Oct 21, 2013
Hi, I'm having trouble rooting my nook, I've been reading many threads on the subject and so far only found one other person who had the same issue.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35711937#post35711937

The issue is I see the Nook Manager screen for about 20 seconds then the screen fades, Nook Manager is displayed again and the loop starts over. The post said replacing his SD card solved it for him, so I did that, and I'm still confronting the same issue.

If it's not my SD card what else could it be?

jinaragunlark

Oct 19, 2013
Heya. So I successfully got pac-man going and everything is nice except for the wifi. I believe it had something to do with the radio frequency?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

cs098

Nov 6, 2012
Somewhere...
Thank you sir. One last question... to install a new kernel like the one I linked to above, does the phone need to be rooted or not?

no need to root, but you need to have your boot loader unlocked.

Since you have a htc one go there.
http://www.htcdev.com

Unlike apple, companies like htc and sony, give you a easy and official way to unlock your phone's potential.

A tip, one thing I like to do, is flash a rom but a stock based (or in your case sense based) rom. Not only does it generally give you battery and performance increase without losing your out of the box experience, but usually roots your phone as well. I find this method much easier and less clunky than the normal way. Since you need to unlock the bootloader to get your kernel you will lose your warranty anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: ooshnoo

mtlbrownsugar

Jun 18, 2013
Montreal
Xposed, 3minit or BOTH!

I am new to Android devices but I am thoroughly enjoying the ability to customize my phone to my liking. I have tried several custom ROMs; Black Box, Wanam Lite and Bobcat. However, I have settled on Foxhound ROM, I find it to be much faster than my stock touch wiz and much more complete and stable than any of the previously mentioned ROMs. With that being said, I have been having a small issue with framework compatibility.

My installation went smooth enough, I am presently running Foxhound v2.0 on My Samsung Galaxy S4 i337m. I used Wanam xposed framework to configure my ROM's feature but, I have been unable to get the 4 way reboot to work. I checked, unchecked and check it again, I even performed a full wipe and reinstall of the ROM to no avail. I then installed 3minit framework 3.4.1 Ml1 FH and I was able to configure and get the 4 way reboot to work.

My question is, "Can I run both Xposed and 3minit frameworks concurrently without experiencing conflict issues in the future?

chuktaylor07

Jun 3, 2013
samsung galaxy s blaze root trouble

Alright, im an official noob here and I know theres been alot of posts about roots messing up, and solutions to fixing them. However, i currently have the samsung galaxy s blaze and rooted it to the custom rom from konane using the odis program, it said passed and auto rebooted my phone, but when it gets to the home screen where you touch the android to set up your phone like its brand new, when i hit the android bot all that happens is a message force closing a bunch of apps appear. i can get to the download mode to install new roms and i've tried to re root back to the stock rom but now my computer doesnt recognize my phone. i've downloaded and installed the samsung drivers from several different forums including the ones recommended here but still nothing. what im wondering is if theres a way to install the rom or driver from an sd card to the phone or something else that im missing, or is my phone just screwed? any and all help is greatly appreciated.

mdau

Oct 21, 2013
I have newman n2 and have installed MIUI rom. But whenever i install miui roms i get two annoying problems. Firstly, i can't adjist volume during calls and secondly theres up to a 10 seconds delay before the phone is picked up or hang up

Sent from my Newman N2 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts