[Q] Smoothest browser for Moto X?

Search This thread

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
What are some of the fastest, most fluid browsers for the Moto X on 4.4.2? Looking for extremely smooth, stutter-free vertical scrolling mostly.

Chrome stutters. AOSP runs no smoother than Chrome due to Google changing something in 4.4.2.

Thanks

I really don't care about features. I just need perfectly fluid vertical scrolling and half-decent text reflow on double tap.
Also battery drain is an automatic disqualification for me. I remember back in the day Dolphin caused standby drain and Maxthon caused high drain while using it.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Boat browser seems to fulfill your requirements. It has text reflow and smooth vertical scrolling. Also has some nifty features like a floating browser

The vertical scrolling was completly smooth on my GS3 running 4/20 CarbonROM with KT 5/09 kernel on Interactive with the go_hispeed_load set to 50.

On the non-rooted Moto X, it stutters every so slightly, similar to the amount of stutter scrolling through Google Now. But it's more or less acceptable.

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I tried the Chrome fix where I set Max Flags to 512MB, still stutters though.
I tried:
Opera
Opera Mini
Firefox
UC Browser
UC Browser mini
Maxthon
Boat Browser
Lightning Browser+

Vertical scrolling is undoubtedly smoothest on Firefox (flawless), hands down. Second place would be Lightning Browser (very slight barely noticeable Microlags while scrolling during image rendering) and third is a tossup between Maxthon and Boat browser. I have to mention that Maxthon has a very inconsistent input lag for example if you scroll fast, stop the scroll and scroll again slow, it feels VERY unresponsive to me.
The Mini versions are very smooth but make scrolling through long lists (i.e Facebook newsfeed) annoying as I keep having to click on show more, and wait for the loading time every time I scroll to the bottom where as in the full versions it pre renders before I reach the bottom, making the loading time minimal.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
Yes. Out of the websites I frequent, that is the most demanding, media heavy site. I'm trying to get away from using the official app as it's way to laggy. I'm embarrassed to use it in public LOL

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Note on Maxthon: the regular & HD are like night & day. HD is way smoother. Also you cannot compare Firefox page/font size rendering to the famous Miren prodigy.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2610531

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-25-12-46-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-12-46-37.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts