[RELEASE] [05-09-12] Gummy 1.2.0 - The Chronicles of Nyania

Search This thread

Smokeey

Oct 8, 2010
College Station, TX
I really, really want to like the Android platform.

This is my first Android phone. Previously I've had the iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4. In my first few months of owning the GN I've had more problems than when I had my iPhone for 3+ years.

Another reboot occurred this morning after I snoozed my alarm, apparently. Thus, not waking me up in time.

I've also had to pull the battery a few times because the screen is black and unresponsive or, just plain unresponsive.

I've flashed the ROM twice, both times wiping every single thing you're supposed to wipe and clear.

Almost ready to throw in the towel.

If the iPhone displayed these kinds of problems people would be screaming and yelling about how crappy the platform is.

Very frustrating.

This is what happens when you're grown up in a sheltered environment.

Please, don't complain about it not working for you. It seems as though you have a unique experience. Obviously, you shouldn't have rooted/unlocked.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
+1 fan boys need a hack on there brains. You need to root your brain and get rid of all those fan boy tendency

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kapolani

Jan 25, 2012
This is what happens when you're grown up in a sheltered environment.

Funny. I've probably done more with gadgets/embedded hardware/etc than you'll ever see in your life.

Furthermore, if you're implying that rooting/unlocking your phone is something akin to rocket surgery, and that it takes technically adept people to perform these actions - well, I laugh at you.

Anyways....

Please, don't complain about it not working for you. It seems as though you have a unique experience. Obviously, you shouldn't have rooted/unlocked.

Unique experience, eh? Google is your friend. You'll find similar problems to mine all over the internet with regards to the Android platform.

After all that I did - above - I still got 3 reboots in a 24 hour period.

Love this ROM, but had to move on.

Flashed another ROM that seems to have a large following and am getting good results.

It's interesting to see how different devs put their 'flavor' on the various ROMs. Did a comparison of processes running and memory usage. The new ROM I'm on is much lighter and dosen't seem to use as many resources.

Will definitely come back to this ROM some time in the future. Unfortunately the latest Gummy builds don't like my phone.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

+1 fan boys need a hack on there brains. You need to root your brain and get rid of all those fan boy tendency

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

You know what's funny?

Their seems to be dipshits on both sides of the fence - Android and IOS.

There's always those tools that take things so seriously. They act like it's a smartphone competition. Always having to call the other side names etc. Haven't you guys grown up yet?

It's a freaking gadget. A phone. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Guys like you gives nerds/geeks/guys that like to tinker with gadgets a bad name. You guys perpetuate the stereo type that people who like these kinds of things are all mouth breathers that live in their parents basements.

I feel bad for you guys.

Anyway, thanks to all those that helped.

I'm out.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
AngryPeople said:

Everyone should just relax and be happy that we all have so many options for hardware and software and that we're in a position to make those choices at all.

Being involved in a variety of tech fields, I have friends using all different sorts of hardware and software. Additionally... anything that's out there, I've used it myself. Honestly... they all have the same issues.

All platforms: Some people have problems, some people don't. It depends on your specific piece of hardware, what you install on it, what you do with it, and which way the wind blows (not to mention global warming, of course).

So yeah... back on topic. Gummy, I love it. It runs super well for me and my usage, the devs are fun and communicative, and they have good interactions with the rest of the development community.

Thank you Justin, Adam, and the rest of the team.

JewRican

Jul 17, 2010
i am sorry you had issues man. this rom is super stable for me and i didnt even wipe coming from 4.0.3.

Absolutely LOVE this ROM.

nsnowdeal

Dec 17, 2010
Waterville, Maine
Help am I going to have to SBF?

Okay so went to install this put the files on my storage shut down went into clockwork and I wiped Dalvid cache then did wipe cache now I can't even get into my storage to install the file or even reboot just gives me the green android with the spinning thing in his chest it won't do anything.

Did I do something wrong or am I going to have to SBF? Battery pull? Any help would be appreciated.

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City
Okay so went to install this put the files on my storage shut down went into clockwork and I wiped Dalvid cache then did wipe cache now I can't even get into my storage to install the file or even reboot just gives me the green android with the spinning thing in his chest it won't do anything.

Did I do something wrong or am I going to have to SBF? Battery pull? Any help would be appreciated.

Does it say "back menu button disabled"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: nsnowdeal
S

Samsuck

SBF?
Are you sure you know what you are doing on the Nexus? lol

Remember to always wipe. (make a back up first)

Wipe data
Wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format system
install rom
install gapps (if necessary)

This is not a Motorola device, there will be no SBF using. You either use Fastboot or Odin to restore your device. If you unable to do this, there is a Galaxy Nexus toolkit to asssist you in this.

Also, if you have the normal non touch recovery, it jumps up and down a lot and will cause you to get that "back button disabled" messae. THIS is the solution so you don't have to battery pull. Keep scrolling down the list a few times , and it will then say "back button enabled".

You could also flash the CWM Touch Recovery which completely eliminates this issue

eyc

Nov 23, 2009
Chicago
Custom LIGHT Levels

Can someone help me interpret the custom light level feature of this ROM?

I felt like my phone was generally too dim when set to "automatic brightness." I went into Settings > Display > Automatic Backlight > (check) Use Custom > Edit other levels.

Once in there, what do all of those increasing levels indicate? I have no idea how to interpret the figures. Is "lower" the menu bar area and "screen" is the rest of the screen? And why the range of numbers? Also, how much will the brightness change by increasing each number by 2? Is this just trial and error?

IKlFk.png

Last edited:

tclarkey

Nov 27, 2010
Oswego, IL
Got my replacement (I was the guy with the wacky speaker issue) and did the wipe data/cache/dalvik. Installed 1.0.1, gapps from 4.22 (think that is missing some items btw) and the 4.0.4radios.zip. Did the TB restore and thought life was good once again.

The battery is draining like nobody's business. Betterbatterstats shows no app running away and CPUSpy shows it in deep sleep.

Should I redo the above steps again? Anyone else see this activity? Try another kernel?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

currentsupply

Aug 1, 2009
Gummy Version?

Can somebody please tell me how to check what Gummy version I am on?
And, it's not in "about phone" where it should be.

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded and installed the ROM the first week of April.

Also, the ROM has been great. But I LOST MY APP DRAWER BUTTON AND CAN NOT FIND IT. NOW WAY TO GET TO MY APPS. luckily i already put most all of my apps on the homescreens that I use regularly.

Please if anybody has any idea how to get my app drawer button back. Thanks

Last edited:

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
Can somebody please tell me how to check what Gummy version I am on?
And, it's not in "about phone" where it should be.

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded and installed the ROM the first week of April.

Also, the ROM has been great. But I LOST MY APP DRAWER BUTTON AND CAN NOT FIND IT. NOW WAY TO GET TO MY APPS. luckily i already put most all of my apps on the homescreens that I use regularly.

Dude...

Long press the home screen and pick a shortcut for whatever launcher you are using. Pick "open app drawer" or something similar. Or download a different launcher.

Gummy version is in system settings I believe (not running it) not necessarily under "about phone".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: currentsupply

currentsupply

Aug 1, 2009
Ok, I was able to get my app drawer back by long pressing homescren, choosing apex actions, and then "app drawer".

Still can't find gummy version.

Long press on your homepage and press apex actions then press app drawer and there ya go.

Just installed this rom on my new CLNR from verizon and I am in LOVE. Thanks dev! love your work! rom is amazing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gummylogo.png

Team Gummy

Kejar31 - Primary Developer and Project lead
    Syaoran12 - Primary Developer and Project lead
    Jrummy16 – Primary Developer (part time)
    Sixstringsg - Developer
    X13thanglex - Developer and Moto Maintainer
    Stevespear426 - Developer
    pauljohnson75 - Developer[
    Mobile_Sensei - Developer and Artwork
    Imoseyon - Kernel Dev
    TKGlitch - Kernel Dev
    PoiTEE - Forum Support Guru
    Daank - Wallpapers and Artwork

Features

Android AOSP 4.0.4 Based (neither CM nor AOKP we built this from the ground up)

General UI
    • 180 Rotation - CM
    • Longpress Back Button to kill apps - CM
    • Volume options – Gummy original
    • Unlink notifications Volume – Gummy original
    • Statusbar Brightness – CM
    • Turn on/off Boot animations – Gummy original
    • Turn on/off Boot animation sounds – Gummy original
    System UI
    • Hide Alarm – Gummy original
    • Date opens Calendar – Gummy original
    • Statusbar color – Gummy original
    • Notification Transparency and color – Gummy original
    • Clock Style – XoomDev
    • AM / PM – XoomDev
    • Clock color – Gummy original
    • Battery Type – XoomDev
    • Battery Text and color – Gummy original
    • Battery Bar and color – AOKP
    • Custom carrier text and color – Gummy original
    • Pull Down Carrier text and color – Gummy original
    Softkey Settings – AOKP
    Power Widgets – CM
    Lockscreen Styles
    • All available styles were ported to ICS By Team Gummy
    • Camera/Sound picker – Gummy original
    Lockscreen settings
    • Lockscreen Battery % - Gummy original
    • Volume rocker wake – CM
    • Volume rocker skip music – CM
    • Music widget Revamped ICS – Gummy original
    • Locskcreen before Unlock – Gummy original
    • Quick Password unlock – CM
    • SMS Text, Popup and color – Gummy original
    LED Settings – AOKP
    Themes – CM
    Performance – Gummy original (everything in here was from us)
    • CPU frequency
    • Voltage Control
    • Start-Up tweaks
    • Free Memory
    Boot animation sound – Team Bamf
    Faster rotation animation – Gummy original
    Inline Kernel - CM
    All Builds are run thought PNG crunch - CM

Third Party apps (closed source) ..
    • APEX Launcher – Android Does
    • ROM Toolbox – Jrummy16
    • Root Browser – Jrummy16
    Third Party apps (open source)…
    • AppWIdgetPicker – boombuler
    • Superuser and SU binary – ChainsDD
    • OI FileManager
    • Term – Jackpal
    • BusyBox
    CM Based Apps
    • T9 Dialer
    • Quiet Hours
    • Automatic Backlights
    • Tmobile Theme Manager

Source

ROM - Team Gummy Github

Kernels - for all inline kernels

Tuna - Credit Imoseyon
    Crespo - Credit CM
    Otter - Credit Hashcode
    Stingray - Credit CM
    Aries - Credit Glitch
    TF201 - Credit Team EOS and

New Features

Full list of new features can be found here
    <7.6
    Removed to save space

Release Notes and Instructions

Download a zip file listed below
    Flash your zip file with a recovery
    Always install Gapps with all our builds Gapps can be found here

**No one in Team Gummy is to be held liable or responsible for the breaking of your device(s)**

Known Issues
    none

Release

Find your device in the official release thread

Support
    Some features only apply to phones and some to tablets so your device may not have them all
    Support Team Gummy... We are only able to do so much as we are a small team
    If you want new devices supported please help us out by either joining the team (as a developer for that device) or donate.. Donations can be found within the about team gummy section on your device.
    Hello...

EXCUSE ME, BUT THIS HAS GONE toooo FAR. Your, sir are a ROOT user. Do you notice how superuser pops up occasionally asking for your permission to grant yourself the rights to make modifications to the phone that CAN AND WILL potentially alter the system. No one is pooping their pants about their iPhones because no one let them out of their cage. NO ONE FORCED YOU To ROOT YOUR PHONE. The galaxy nexus is one of the BEST android phones to leave stock. The stock locked 402 (hopefully soon to be 405 ota) image is what a user like yourself should be on...Us developers essentially are giving you all the tools to either make your phones WAY sweeter, or break them. Nonetheless, almost all of the teams are open source (including gummy) and you could've reviewed ALL of the code, (even modified it to fix any bugs you might find...like say an alarm clock hotboot bug) and deemed this ROM not fit to your high standards of a ROM that can do everything and still not hiccup after your done !@#*(& it. If this same problem were to happen on your iPhone...GUESS WHAT? YOUD BE TWIRLING YOUR THUMBS UNTIL APPLE PUSHED AN OTA (which may or may not have addressed your issue) As opposed to android users like ourselves who, when facing a problem, take matters in their own hand, understand that they played their part in making the module crash or loading software that wash't phone ready and then they look for ways to FIX IT. Stop whining about the absence of some impossible utopia....Oh, and lastly, show some RESPECT to the people who bust their asses everyday trying to IMPROVE your user experience and stability aswell as performance FOR FREE, next time, instead of whining. Howbout you learn yourself some basic ADB and logcat the issue, go on their git, comment on the files that need fixing, AND CONTRIBUTE, instead of being yet another idle complainer. Much love from your friendly dev -nocoast
    New release will be out tomorrow.. Although if you know where to look you may be able to find it now :p (hint-goo)

Would release tonight just to much other stuff to do and I dont have time to put the change-log together
    New update is finally available :p see the change log and enjoy!

Oh and BTW if you want to use the 4.0.4 gapps you will need to wipe data, sorry... But hey if you dont want to wipe data you can still use the 4.0.3 gapps :p
    http://droidmodderx.com/galaxynexus/archives/378

this wouldn't work? ive seen people at least flashing the updated radios.

whats the difference between the leaked and OTA version? don't they install the same thing?

I have seen this asked in many forums, so I am going to do my best to clear it up here. The 4.0.4 which is out right now is 99% most likely to be a "soak test" for just a few select phones, released by Verizon. This does not mean that Google has officially released the source. Now you need to understand the two different types of roms: those built from AOSP source and those built from official Verizon OTA. AOSP source roms work by syncing a build repository with Google's source directly (has nothing to do with Verizon). A Verizon OTA rom is built from an image grabbed from a phone which has received the update from Verizon (what we are seeing now).

How does any of this relate to GummyNex? Well this rom is built from AOSP source, meaning that they are 100% unable to update until Google officially releases the source. So even if Verizon pushes 4.0.4 to all phones, it does not necessarily mean that Google will release at the same time. They can't just pull an OTA update into their sync and update it, just doesn't work that way.

I hope this clears up any confusion and answers questions as to when a full 4.0.4 update will be released. Just remember that it is up to Google first, not the developers.