[LINK][ODIN][TAR][VZW]SCH-I545 MKD Stock TAR NO ROOT

Search This thread

rampantandroid

Nov 17, 2008
Will the S4 have the flash counter like the S3 did, and if so will flashing the stock ROM from ODIN trigger it?

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
Manufacturer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome thanks for confirming. This should reset the flash counter back to 0 without a problem then. Someone was asking about this earlier on.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Will the S4 have the flash counter like the S3 did, and if so will flashing the stock ROM from ODIN trigger it?

OP confirmed that this is a manufacturer image and as such should reset the flash counter back to 0.

cjkacz

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2013
Sardinia
www.teamoctos.com

Proweedsmoker

Dec 11, 2012
Just wanted to ask: We should flash this AFTER completing the rooting methods? (Flash via ODIN the same way we did root etc..,) Sorry Im new to Samsung and rooting phones in general, but I do have experience with root/bootloader/etc.., on my tablet...

I see we refer to this as "MDK" Would that be the baseband version or build number? If I am already on Build#JDQ39.I545VRUAMDK and baseband# I545VRUAMDK, would I still need to flash this file to get back to "stock" w/ root? Just a little bit confused....

Last edited:

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Just wanted to ask: We should flash this AFTER completing the rooting methods? (Flash via ODIN the same way we did root etc..,) Sorry Im new to Samsung and rooting phones in general, but I do have experience with root/bootloader/etc.., on my tablet...

I see we refer to this as "MDK" Would that be the baseband version or build number? If I am already on Build#JDQ39.I545VRUAMDK and baseband# I545VRUAMDK, would I still need to flash this file to get back to "stock" w/ root? Just a little bit confused....

The provided build at the moment is a "Back to Stock" restore. I'm working on a pre-rooted version but AFAIK you'd have to have the bootloader unlocked in order to flash these. Being on Sprint I'm still a little confused on how that works - hopefully spending a little more time around the forums will help clear that up. (Thinking about getting one of these for the parents as a holiday gift - the lower end one they have seems to just be... substandard.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone Sextape and the Gang Here,

This is a One Click for the latest firmware Samsung Galaxy IV Verizon Variant:

Thanks to our source for this!

DOWNLOAD HERE

DO NOT MIRRROR ANY OF THE FILES PROVIDED BY OUR TEAM "NO MIRRORS ALLOWED" THANKS TO OUR SOURCES :D YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
    Release Notes:
    Initial launch Firmware

Files are uploading
    Just confirming.. this is the “restore to 100% stock" thread correct?

After following these instructions my phone will be factory stock correct

?

Thanks
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Yes, the links in my signature should help you.
    Thread cleaned,

Here is the deal folks, the use of PM to ask for, provide links to, or directly share stuff that violates XDA rules and standards, is STILL a violation of XDA rules!

If I or any other Moderator sees this activity, you will be infracted, end of story. This site is about the developers who actually create the work, kanging and sharing others work without permission or credit is just plain wrong.

Any more intimations or "PM me" to folks other than the creators of the work will be infracted as well.

Iron fist folks, iron fist...
    Anyone have the link to the root page?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, the original one was closed due to improper crediting (as per mod), I have recreated the same in a more detailed simple guide. Link here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290798