Just made the leap to the Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
I walked into a T-Mobile store on Friday to cancel my line. I have 2 lines on AT&T and 1 on T-Mobile. The wife and I use Windows Phones on AT&T and are very happy.

I was curious about the new plans and such, so started talking to the Rep, instead of getting right down to biz. Since I've had this line open for a few years, using it only for emergencies, etc, they were able to persuade me to keep it and upgrade my Service plan. Since it was cheaper than previous, I so, ok, I'll try it.

Problem was the phone. Android has worn me out over the years, first with cheap quality hardware, HTC issues, and basic rut of rooting and updating often. The switch to Windows Phone was clean, and we certainly do enjoy the phones. So which phone to get? The WP's I already have. NO on an iPhone. The only phone that has intrigued me the last couple of years has been the Note 2. So I opted for the Note 3.

The first day I didn't spend too much time with it, because of work. But then this weekend I jumped in. Its not going to be my primary phone any way...so, whenever was fine.

In a very short time I was able to discover, all the things I use on a daily basic, Outlook email, Office 365, xbox music, Skype, etc are in Android. I'm not a huge app user, but, the apps I use in WP, are here too. With the exception of 2 things, I have this phone setup the same way as my WP. Plus the extra 'freedom' of the android phone, plus the security of Samsung....against my better judgement, I like it. Perhaps more than the WP.

The only 2 exceptions are: I've grown used to and like the Tiles. I find apps scattered on 5 pages, too cluttered. And, the Windows Phone Peoples Tab is a favorite. The combine Twitter Facebook feed is something I have enjoyed. Besides that, its a wash.

I'm hearing from friends the Windows Phone 8.1 doesn't 'suck'. So I will wait to do anything else, until those are released. However, the way this Note 3 handles, and, the way the apps I use everyday, Microsoft apps, perform, and the integration I get with DropBox and Skydrive and my Surface tablet, Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have to blow it away. I've been more than pleasantly surprised with the NOTE 3. I've been more than satisfied with the NOTE 3. So, we'll see what happens in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.