[4.2.2] Color OS [ jfltevzw ]

Search This thread
T

Tquetski

// Galaxy S4 International LTE jfltevzw
// Android 4.2.2

aKZrmo

Overview
This is another Chinese firmware called 'Color OS' and generally ships on Oppo devices.

This is not a slight mod but a unique firmware

Download
2-24-14: Color OS
*Gapps is not included in this release

Working:
- Everything should be good

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Does look cool. May have to check this out tonight. Great work and thanks for Miui and now this one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
9eperu7e.jpg

this rom looks truly amazing. i actually like it more than miui. however theres just too much chinese. and i cant get.into. mobile networks and a couple other settings without getting this FC.

VERY hard to navigate with the chinese. initial setup youre flying blind through some menus you cant make heads or tails of.

definitely has potential though.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Also like to mention though that everything was working.
4G
WiFi
Camera
GPS

JCBiznatch

Account currently disabled
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 2
9eperu7e.jpg

this rom looks truly amazing. i actually like it more than miui. however theres just too much chinese. and i cant get.into. mobile networks and a couple other settings without getting this FC.

VERY hard to navigate with the chinese. initial setup youre flying blind through some menus you cant make heads or tails of.

definitely has potential though.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Also like to mention though that everything was working.
4G
WiFi
Camera
GPS

Good to know I was going to flash this, but I'll wait till that is fixed!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I really like the looks of this ROM.its a totally different ui and it isn't miui.
Is there anyway to get less Chinese? Or is that just how it is since it's a Chinese ROM? I don't want to sound like a cry baby @Tquetski I'm only jw. I appreciate your work on these ROMs. I think this one has some real potential. Its really cool looking

JCBiznatch

Account currently disabled
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 2
I really like the looks of this ROM.its a totally different ui and it isn't miui.
Is there anyway to get less Chinese? Or is that just how it is since it's a Chinese ROM? I don't want to sound like a cry baby @Tquetski I'm only jw. I appreciate your work on these ROMs. I think this one has some real potential. Its really cool looking

That's what I'm waiting for!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T

Tquetski

After stability is worked out I'm going to translate it properly

I want to adjust things a little because I feel that this deserves proper localization

T

Tquetski

APN settings will always produce a FC but it doesn't matter honestly; 4G still works and sticks through reboots lol; I'm doing a really invasive thing and forcing this firmware to use the S4 APNs, it was not made for the S4 ;x

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Alright so 4g does stick on reboots. It took my phone maybe 5 minutes for 4g to show up but once it did I was good.
Kept getting the settings FC when trying to enter GMail Account (backup account) but just kept closing it and finally went away. Tapatalk kept FC though [emoji35] I'm back on my DD as I'm off too work. I'll play with ColorOs when im home later.

PS. I tried flashing supersu to have root and no dice any suggestions

twith70

May 2, 2011
"Nope. Only TW SafeStrap compatible ROMs for you"

Thanks. I think it is great devs put out great ROMs for the end user. I really do think the OP's should be more informative though. At least tell us what will work and what is compatable. This ROM is not the only one with very little information, some of the big names are very vague as well. I am new to the S4 and come here looking for ways to optimize my phone, it would be nice to have reliable information posted in the ROM details how to install.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Thanks. I think it is great devs put out great ROMs for the end user. I really do think the OP's should be more informative though. At least tell us what will work and what is compatable. This ROM is not the only one with very little information, some of the big names are very vague as well. I am new to the S4 and come here looking for ways to optimize my phone, it would be nice to have reliable information posted in the ROM details how to install.

I understand your frustration. I think the devs who have a rom that works for multiple devices/carriers just forget about the few phones/carriers that do have limitations like that.

Check this thread out. Lot of good information to get you going
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Interesting OS, thanks man. Hit the OP's "Thanks" button he definitely deserves it

T

Tquetski

Sure let me go back and edit 30 threads with a device specific FAQ to cover the general issues which will take a while for me to garner because I only own 1/30

T

Tquetski

Meanwhile if someone wants to adb their stock firmware for me I could maybe make some stuff you could use with safestrap, but when I make this offer it never pans out because very rarely does someone want to actually get their hands dirty

xtmg1

Oct 31, 2009
I can install this rom based kitkat, I had safetrap?

I can install this rom based kitkat, I had safetrap?

Top Liked Posts