[Q] Mic Volume too low on LG Optimus F6/D500

Search This thread

xxhaimbondxx

Jun 4, 2010
Albany, NY
When making a call, the volume is too low for anyone to hear me. However, as soon as I switch to speakerphone, it works fine. Recording seems to work fine as well. This makes me think there is something wrong with the bottom mic. It's stock T-Mobile ROM, I just rooted it, however, can't find an app that could adjust mic volume.

I've tried searching, but there are thousands of threads for Galaxy S2, that require you enter a secret menu. I couldn't find a code for my phone.

Last edited:

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
Is your phone rooted ?
Check this thread and do share results. It worked like a charm for me .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704398[/url]

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jul 20, 2010
Is your phone rooted ?
Check this thread and do share results. It worked like a charm for me .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704398[/url]

My phone is rooted. but i didn't see the lines with my build.prod. Here is what is over there:

#snapdragon value add features
ro.qcom.audio.ssr=true

# Do not perform SIM power down when change the radio mode
persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1

# LGE_CHANGE_S, 20130304, duhyun.kim, Allow data call list change event even if LCD is off.
persist.radio.data_no_toggle=1
# LGE_CHANGE_E

Ahmed, Just would like to mention that I have rooted LG F6. my problem is not exactly like yours but seems somehow related. For me, call voice is perfectly fine but using speakerphone, my voice become sorta not available...means nothing goes to other party if i activated speaker phone. recording with mic is perfectly fine as well.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
Oh man i thought you had Optimus G. That fix ia for G. Low gain on speaker phone means problem in noise cancellation mic. Once you putyour phone on speaker mode noise cancellation mic acts a main mic . I'm not sure if your phone has that or not ?

Jul 20, 2010
Oh man i thought you had Optimus G. That fix ia for G. Low gain on speaker phone means problem in noise cancellation mic. Once you putyour phone on speaker mode noise cancellation mic acts a main mic . I'm not sure if your phone has that or not ?

hm...I got confused with header "LG Optimus F6/D500" of this thread. My phone has F6/D500. I think "Optimus G" and "Optimus F6" are same sort of animals, I need to check documentations to identify "Noise cancellation Mic" location. But do you know any settings (build.prop) that is responsible for "Noise cancellation Mic".
Thanks again to help me :)

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
Nope bro but i think somewhere you've to change dualmic to analog from digital in build.prop