Bricked i9001! Help!

Search This thread

hoesseinm

Dec 9, 2005
I have a problem with a i9001. I tried everything I can think off. It always stops when flashing in Odin 4.43 on:

<1>setup connection.....

I tried 3 different computers and all usb ports. Reinstalled Kies, installed only the samsung drivers. Rebooted several times. But still stops ons setup connection in Odin. I used several flashfiles: the seperate ones and the complete package....

I also used the jig to get the i9001 in download mode. To get the phone in Download mode is no problem, it works with the jig and also with the key combination. When i try to power the phone normal i get the Black Screen of Death. I also tried 4 different usb cables.

Can someone help? :)

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
Did you try another ROM for flashing? Or did you try to just flash a recovery and boot into that recovery? If you run ODIN with Vista / 7: did you right click and run as administrator? Did you take out the battery of your phone for about 10 min and then insert USB and battery back and try again...?

taz0697

Dec 30, 2011
edmonton
i had that problem with two phones, my i9000 and my friends rogers infuse. try different usb ports on the computer. if that dont work, look up some stock firmwares for you phone and try to flash them. i find the original stock roms work best for fixing this. just be calm, there is always a way to fix it as long as you dont fry nothing.

hoesseinm

Dec 9, 2005
Did you try another ROM for flashing? Or did you try to just flash a recovery and boot into that recovery? If you run ODIN with Vista / 7: did you right click and run as administrator? Did you take out the battery of your phone for about 10 min and then insert USB and battery back and try again...?
I tried 5 different computers (Windows XP and Windows 7), 5 different usb cables, several flashfiles. Always stops at setup connection. :(

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
Have you installed the USB drivers for your phone? It is also important to kill ANY running KIES application/service via task manager.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything you should try first is written above ur post ;)