Tethering not working on a Win 7 PC

Search This thread

mamifero1

Nov 2, 2010
Hello
The problem that I am having is that My tethering on my Galaxy S 3 with C-Rom KK-v6.6-20140520, works on laptops but not on a PC with a wireless pci card or a wireless usb antenna, connects to the tethered connection but would not open pages in browser. the connection on the pc says internet access but won't open websites, hope you can shoot some lite on this matter thank you.

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Hello
The problem that I am having is that My tethering on my Galaxy S 3 with C-Rom KK-v6.6-20140520, works on laptops but not on a PC with a wireless pci card or a wireless usb antenna, connects to the tethered connection but would not open pages in browser. the connection on the pc says internet access but won't open websites, hope you can shoot some lite on this matter thank you.

I specified https for a reason. Tether generally works on http servers but not http

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

mamifero1

Nov 2, 2010
Hello
and thanks for your help
but excuse me for asking a dumb question.:silly: I did not had to do this on any laptop that I connect to the tethering conection.

Last edited:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Yeah. Give it a try over WiFi.

When you try to access and get the failure please press "print screen" on your keyboard or take a pic of the monitor and upload it so I can see what's going on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

mamifero1

Nov 2, 2010
I am sorry I dont think you've got me, what I try to say is when I am tethering my galaxy s3 internet connection I can connect any laptop to it
and I can surf the web with no problem, but when I connect my PC to my tethering connection it connects with no problem but I can''t surf the web
because it won'"t open any pages it says page not found. that's the problem, when I connect a Laptop, I find whatever I want.:rolleyes:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
I am sorry I dont think you've got me, what I try to say is when I am tethering my galaxy s3 internet connection I can connect any laptop to it
and I can surf the web with no problem, but when I connect my PC to my tethering connection it connects with no problem but I can''t surf the web
because it won'"t open any pages it says page not found. that's the problem, when I connect a Laptop, I find whatever I want.:rolleyes:

That sounds like what my friends checkbook does.

Does it even refeer you to the carriers upgrade page?

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Chromebook*
Stupid auto correct.

I meant their upsale page but apparently not.

Well, hate to say it but I don't know what's up.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!

Usually when tethering does not work, it gives you a page that asks you to pay for the extra service. You said all you got was page not found, so it appears this isn't the issue. No idea what it could be. Obviously its a problem with the computer, and that means it could be one or more of many different things that could be causing it. Have you tried any different browsers?

mamifero1

Nov 2, 2010
Usually when tethering does not work, it gives you a page that asks you to pay for the extra service. You said all you got was page not found, so it appears this isn't the issue. No idea what it could be. Obviously its a problem with the computer, and that means it could be one or more of many different things that could be causing it. Have you tried any different browsers?

Hello Doc
Thanks for helping me on this matter, yes I have tried different browsers Google, Firefox, IE.
the weird thing is this connection works great on any Laptop. but not on a desktop, I also tried different wireless adapters too.
I also did a reset on the CMD ""Netsh Winsock Reset" on the PC it's just weird.:eek:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Might have something to do with your security suite (A/V, firewall, etc). Or simply just how your computer is set up to use the network is different somehow. Could be due to different updates applied to the laptop vs the desktop, or another program interfering. Might have been something different in the initial config of the computer itself, or just the network settings... Theres just too many possibilities imo. Unless getting lucky you could potentially spend several weeks posting back and forth trying different things. Might just be easier and faster to reformat/reinstall Windows and start from scratch, if its that important of course. No guarantee that would fix it though, but would have the best chances for it to be quickly resolved.