NOOB here kindly help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
i just got my tattoo today;)(yes i know i should have waited for a wilf fire but this was in my budget) well it was just made craze to buy android and im kinda lost here(in a Winmo user) can u kindly guide me on the following and im writing this after searching in this forum so kindly help

1. how to set various ring tones i mean my personal tone as my incoming ring tone on the Winmo i just need to move the tone called ringtone on the base
of the phone memory i searched my phone i cant do it on the android phone

2. on the winmo i had some thing called people ie i can put the contacts of the people i call often on a Widget on the screen i go to it and touch the name and i can call him can u pls tell me how to do the same here

if u can kindly point me out to the thread also i would be most obliged
thanks in advance :D

dejandekic

Dec 4, 2008
Књажевац
1. You can install some app for that, like Ringo or similar. But, you can do it step by step:

It’s pretty straightforward in truth. Here’s how:-
Connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable
Open the Notifications screen on your phone (pull down a finger from the top of the screen to the bottom) and select the USB Storage notification
Choose “Mount”
Browse to the SD Card on your PC
Look for a folder called media, if it’s not there, create it by right clicking and choosing New Folder, then rename the folder to be media
Inside the media folder, you need a folder called audio, again, if it’s not there create it as above
Inside the audio folder, you can create a subfolder for the sound category you want to change-
ringtones – for sound files you want to use as ringtones
alarms – for sound files you want to use for any alarms
notifications – for incoming notifications such as SMS alerts, emails, etc
Copy the sound or music file which you’d like to use as your ringtone in to the relevant folder
You should now see your sound or music file listed in the menu for selection in the relevant sound settings menu (to access the ringtone/notification settings, press the hard Menu key from one of your home screens, then press Settings then Sounds and Display)

Source: http://www.thisandroidlife.com/2009...tones-and-notifications-to-your-htc-hero.html

2. If you are using SenseUI you just need to use one of the SenseUI widgets. Or, you can just press and hold on your Home screen and select Add Shortcut - Contact

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
1. You can install some app for that, like Ringo or similar. But, you can do it step by step:

2. If you are using SenseUI you just need to use one of the SenseUI widgets. Or, you can just press and hold on your Home screen and select Add Shortcut - Contact

hi
thanks buddy very nice of u to guide me most obliged but what do u mean if om using senseUI u see i just got it an hr back and have just powered the phone and have some how managed to get all my contacts on the phone thats all
one more question
how do i load new theme and all on this phone sorry if this is a stupid question im a Winmo user and just got this phone

Reactions: halifage

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
There are no official themes for the Tattoo...just one black theme and a transparent lockscreen...also you can modify your bootscreen...
look in the themes and apps section of this forum...;)

As dejandekic just said - to add a contact, just: press with your finger and hold on your Home screen and a new window pops up. then select Add Shortcut -> Contact

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
@TheSSJ

There are no official themes for the Tattoo...just one black theme and a transparent lockscreen...also you can modify your bootscreen...
look in the themes and apps section of this forum...;)

As dejandekic just said - to add a contact, just: press with your finger and hold on your Home screen and a new window pops up. then select Add Shortcut -> Contact
hi
thanks that i got i have added the contacts but wat i want is if posible
what is on the wimo touch Flow ie their is a widget which wen i touch it will have a few boxes i can put around 10 contacts whom i call very often and when i want to call then i just open this and touch the persons name or pik if i have one thats what i want and is this posible if so how

EDIT : OK I GOT IT their is some thing called add to favorit on the phone im using the same to add the contacts i need to call quite often in a day
is this right

Last edited:

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
Well, there are quite some android widgets doing this for you...google a bit around...I found "Contacts! Widget" which seems to be pretty much what you're searching for...don't want to exclude that I misunderstood u^^

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
@TheSSJ

Well, there are quite some android widgets doing this for you...google a bit around...I found "Contacts! Widget" which seems to be pretty much what you're searching for...don't want to exclude that I misunderstood u^^

hi
this is wat i wanted

their is some thing called add to favorit on the phone im using the same to add the contacts i need to call quite often in a day
is this right :D

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
@dejandekic &TheSSJ

Hi
thanks to both of u for kindly helping me out most obliged for ur kind help:D:D
well right now im just having fun with my phone may be after about a week so ill ask u guys and get my phone rooted and flash some cooked roms u see i love to flash new roms see my sign ull understand i call it Flashomania and i 100% suffer from it :D
thanks again guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hi
    thanks buddy very nice of u to guide me most obliged but what do u mean if om using senseUI u see i just got it an hr back and have just powered the phone and have some how managed to get all my contacts on the phone thats all
    one more question
    how do i load new theme and all on this phone sorry if this is a stupid question im a Winmo user and just got this phone