[Q] Change Baseband?

Search This thread

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Hi, I've reading a lot (all posts here for sure) and understanding how to manage my new (4 me) Android M2.

I have managed to ROOT it and install and use several apps.

I also managed to flash a SBF to it.

The problem is I have a UK ROM and I need the Baseband for Latin America, I have managed to flash the Brazilian ROM but this one cannot be ROOTED, so I returned to UK.

With the UK ROM I only get EDGE and with the Brazilian I can get 3G.

Thanks for your advice for this newbie to Android.

Last edited:

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
I'm uploading an old system.img.
The new ones are modified: with some motorola services and the homescreen frozen, so you cant boot without Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher installed in the data partition.

You'll maybe need to wipe the data and cache partition to install the nandroid (its a custom restore). I assume you have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed and know how to use it.

Edit: Finished Uploading!

hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17589298/system.img

make a file named nandroid.md5 and copy/paste this:

5af82d003a80d200d44252c16d179e36 system.img

then put both in the same folder!

Any trouble, I'll help.

Last edited:
Reactions: IroMan007

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Thanks again, I downloaded the .img and made a "nandroid.md5" with notepad and renamed it to this. I placed both in the same folder inside the SD card.

I have installed Droid 2 Bootstrapper but I don't know how to use it very well, I don't see to find the "Custom Restore" when I reboot on recovery.

What I'm doing wrong?

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
I forgot!
Put the files in the forlder /clockworkmod/backup/choose.a.name/ no spaces!
Ah! Read the red PS first...

In Droid 2 Bootstrapper:

1- Press "Bootstrap Recovery" button and wait for "Success!" popup message.
2- Press "Reboot Recovery" button, it'll restart your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.

In ClockworkMod Recovery:

***Use Volume or direcional keyboard buttons to navigate, OK button near direcional buttons for "enter" (some say camera button is like OK, but not for me) and Power button is ESC/Back, if you press Power on Main Menu the phone goes black, just press it again.

The phone boots to ClockworkMod Recovery if you shut it down and put it to recharge, but inside the menu recharging doesnt work, so have the battery 100% charged.

2- Navigate to "Backup and Restore", press OK.
3- There are 3 options: Backup (you may want to do this before) Restore and the third one (I think its "custom restore"), select it and then the system.img, and it will ask you to confirm. Finish!

PS: Maybe you'll need to "Wipe data/cache partition" and loose all your configs. if you don't do this, MAYBE you will get a bootloop, if it happens just boot to recovery (can be the normal one, just turn on the phone press some key I don't remenber) and wipe data. I did this when installed Apex Rom 1.3.1 for Droid 2, yeah no phone calls though...
PS2: System is in Portuguese (TIM-BR), can change in configs to English and Spanish.
PS3: A good console.

Reactions: IroMan007

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
I managed to get all over, when i'm trying to flash it says:

ClockWorkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

I found this
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=714114
but I don't know how to do it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Hi, I made the new hash: a19f75003c646a9718c3d5609fad717f but I changed it and keep telling me the same. Maybe I'm not doing the MD5 as it should be, can you please tell me how to do it, step by step, first time for this. Thanks again.

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
I'm lost now, I erased the nandroid.md5 file and then I ran again the AFV and now comes back the MD5 you posted. I'm sure I don't know how to make it. Thanks again.

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Also, I have managed to flash a Brazilian SBF but the GSM conexion comes in and out, that's why I returned the UK flash, do I need the Brazilian ROM to flash this image? Thanks again for all your time and help.

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Attachments

• md5hasher.zip
    112.8 KB · Views: 11

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Thanks for all your time and all the teaching. I did everything by the book, I copy/paste the folder name and double checked that had no space, I also checked the MD5 with the script you sent me, now it says that the MD5 Mismatched!!! after a minute of "thinking".

I'm gonna try to flash a Brazilian SBF and on top of it this image. I'm trying to think outside the box but there nothing that can I imagine. Thanks again.

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
Thanks, I downloaded the SBF from that link, I first installed the Brazilian and I installed back the UK. I've read a lot and nothing seems to fit what is wrong here.

Do you still want me to upload the SBF?

I really appreciate your posts.

IroMan007

May 12, 2010
MEXICO
I reflashed the Brazilian SBF that I downloaded from the link you posted and didn't let me do nothing, is unbranded but didn't let me ROOT it or nothing, I had to change again to the UK SBF.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe a nandroid of a brazilian rom would solve the root problem, maybe...
    But I can't upload a fresh nandroid, so quick.

Sent from my Brazilian Milestone 2 using XDA App
    I'm uploading an old system.img.
    The new ones are modified: with some motorola services and the homescreen frozen, so you cant boot without Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher installed in the data partition.

You'll maybe need to wipe the data and cache partition to install the nandroid (its a custom restore). I assume you have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed and know how to use it.

Edit: Finished Uploading!

hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17589298/system.img

make a file named nandroid.md5 and copy/paste this:

5af82d003a80d200d44252c16d179e36 system.img

then put both in the same folder!

Any trouble, I'll help.
    I forgot!
    Put the files in the forlder /clockworkmod/backup/choose.a.name/ no spaces!
    Ah! Read the red PS first...

In Droid 2 Bootstrapper:

1- Press "Bootstrap Recovery" button and wait for "Success!" popup message.
    2- Press "Reboot Recovery" button, it'll restart your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.

In ClockworkMod Recovery:

***Use Volume or direcional keyboard buttons to navigate, OK button near direcional buttons for "enter" (some say camera button is like OK, but not for me) and Power button is ESC/Back, if you press Power on Main Menu the phone goes black, just press it again.

The phone boots to ClockworkMod Recovery if you shut it down and put it to recharge, but inside the menu recharging doesnt work, so have the battery 100% charged.

2- Navigate to "Backup and Restore", press OK.
    3- There are 3 options: Backup (you may want to do this before) Restore and the third one (I think its "custom restore"), select it and then the system.img, and it will ask you to confirm. Finish!

PS: Maybe you'll need to "Wipe data/cache partition" and loose all your configs. if you don't do this, MAYBE you will get a bootloop, if it happens just boot to recovery (can be the normal one, just turn on the phone press some key I don't remenber) and wipe data. I did this when installed Apex Rom 1.3.1 for Droid 2, yeah no phone calls though...
    PS2: System is in Portuguese (TIM-BR), can change in configs to English and Spanish.
    PS3: A good console.
    Download AFV from android market and check the MD5 Hash of system.img. Change the token in nandroid.md5.

PS: I didnt read the other topic... no links on mobile.

Sent from my A953 using XDA App