upsell tethering on the Amaze

Search This thread

Arich0908

Dec 9, 2009
I have a rooted amaze. Last month I was able to tether fine and now I get the upsell page . I've tried freezing apps . No luck . I've tried at least 12 tethering apps no luck . So what's the fix to tether besides paying 14.99 a month for my data I already payed for.

Last edited:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
There's a thread regarding this issue. But I'll answer your concern.
You need to make a new APN same as the Tmobile one but a new one. Set it as Default. Then delete the Tmobile one or remove the default flag from it. Then you can use your hot spot without those problems popping up.

Edit...didn't even have to use the search engine..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332627

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

Arich0908

Dec 9, 2009
Ive read that already,
Ive done allot of reading. My phone came with that APN setting. For **** n giggle I tried it any ways and it didnt work.
If the Samsung Galaxy 2 can Freeze it , there has to be something similar for our phone I would think .

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Did you delete the stock APN or remove the default flag from it?

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
All you have to do is clear the "apn type" field of the "t mobile data" apn settings. Why bother creating a whole new apn if this much easier method works? Just curious if there's any particular advantage... Mines been working just to e using this method, as have the amazes my two co workers use. Mines rooted (worked with the new ICS Rom and gingerbread alike), and my two co workers' amazes are completely stock. This method I've used seems pretty fool proof.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Arich0908

Dec 9, 2009
All you have to do is clear the "apn type" field of the "t mobile data" apn settings. Why bother creating a whole new apn if this much easier method works? Just curious if there's any particular advantage... Mines been working just to e using this method, as have the amazes my two co workers use. Mines rooted (worked with the new ICS Rom and gingerbread alike), and my two co workers' amazes are completely stock. This method I've used seems pretty fool proof.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

I haven't tried that yet Ill try that and report back later.

MonkySlap

Jan 29, 2009
If you have the 5gb data plan or higher, you can get free tethering. Just go into a tmobile store and tell them you want the free tethering. Thats what I did at least.

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR