[Q] Rooting Unlock Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5839i

Search This thread

Zilashak

May 8, 2012
Hello to everyone, well, i have just got my new Samsung galaxy ACE model GT-S5839i , the problem is that i have been reading a lot of tutorials, about how to root, or unlock the samsung galaxy ACE, but its seem they have done something with the new version and its not working.

There are a lot of stuff out there about the GT-S5830 but anything about the GT-S5839i wich is the one i have got.

So if there is someone who could help me to tell me about how to root this phone, or tell me how to enter the recovery mode, it would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Cuii

Aug 29, 2011
Makó
GT-S5830i menus

Hi! i gave my girlfriend a Samsung GT-S5830i. She has a t-mobile card, but i brought a Telenor phone. So i began to unlock... Ive found the Recovery menu...

Recovery:
First press and hold the Home button and the Volume Up button, then press and hold the power button. The Samsung Galaxy Ace letters appears, and then disappears. Now release the power button only... The Samsung Galaxy Ace text appears again. When the text changes to bright yellow, release the buttons, and the recovery comes up...

The download menu:
Press and hold both the volume up and volume down button, then press and hold the power button...
A warning message comes. press vol up... [[!! beware of differences berween GT-S5830 and GT-S5830i... They are not compatible. You brick your phone when you upload a different kernel!!]]

The zip file for root is below....
(if i uploaded a wrong zip, please PM me that...)

i couldn't unlock it. Ive tried all of methods, i've found. The only method, that now works, hte Z3XBOX, but it costs 120$ :O

Attachments

• update.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 16,964
Last edited:

The10sid

May 24, 2012
Hello,

I was hopping that post about rooting S5839i but I didn't see any tuto about it. I tried with "unlock root" and "SuperOneClick" but didn't get result.

Always process stop with this message for unlock root : "Failed to get shellroot" or "Wait for device" for superoneclick. The process is stopped althought drivers are well installed, debbuging usb is checked, I reboot computer ..etc.

I need another way to root this phone please, samsung s5839i v2.3.6

Thanks before

The10sid

May 24, 2012
Rooting S5839i v2.3.6

Well, I did it now !

This is a very simple way to root s5839i.

Put this file in sd card (don't unzipped it !), power off phone, enter into recovery mode (home + volume up + power one) then select "update from card" and choose the file root.zip. Reboot phone, that's it

Attachments

• root.zip
    1 MB · Views: 30,491

hamidraja

Jun 5, 2010
s5839i_root_worked with me

Well, I did it now !

Put this file in sd card (don't unzipped it !), power off phone, enter into recovery mode (home + volume up + power one) then select "update from card" and choose the file root.zip. Reboot phone, that's it

thanx mate
this solution worked
i have tested 1x s5839i root nd it worked.
regards
...hamidraja

Reactions: MPEMBA and nbkappa

maughanorama

May 24, 2012
i tried to update cwm 5 and no my ace s589i wont boot and when i goto recovery it says "cant mount system".
i have tried to upload a new flash to it via odin but it fails at nand write.... has anyone got any sugestions or a proper flash for this please ?

Ming Wu

Apr 30, 2012
Hello to everyone, well, i have just got my new Samsung galaxy ACE model GT-S5839i , the problem is that i have been reading a lot of tutorials, about how to root, or unlock the samsung galaxy ACE, but its seem they have done something with the new version and its not working.

There are a lot of stuff out there about the GT-S5830 but anything about the GT-S5839i wich is the one i have got.

So if there is someone who could help me to tell me about how to root this phone, or tell me how to enter the recovery mode, it would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

To unlock galaxy ace. First you should root you ace. Google (gingeroot.apk download)
Also transfer apk file to phone and installe. Click root and it should root it.

After that you should go to the market and download galaxy ace unlock. Open it and it will ask you to give it root permission. Click yes. Copy down the code that comes up. There should be 3 codes but they should be the same.

Turn off your phone and put in a different sim. A box should come up telling you to put a password in. So type in the number you copyed down. It should say unlocked if something like that. You will have unlocked your phone.

YES THE UNLOCKING APP IS FOR GALAXY ACE BUT WILL ALSO WORK OF GALAXY ACE 2 AND GALAXY ACE PLUS

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
To unlock galaxy ace. First you should root you ace. Google (gingeroot.apk download)
Also transfer apk file to phone and installe. Click root and it should root it.

After that you should go to the market and download galaxy ace unlock. Open it and it will ask you to give it root permission. Click yes. Copy down the code that comes up. There should be 3 codes but they should be the same.

Turn off your phone and put in a different sim. A box should come up telling you to put a password in. So type in the number you copyed down. It should say unlocked if something like that. You will have unlocked your phone.

YES THE UNLOCKING APP IS FOR GALAXY ACE BUT WILL ALSO WORK OF GALAXY ACE 2 AND GALAXY ACE PLUS

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Doesn't work....where number should be it just says "or or or"

pete23

Sep 30, 2012
Well, I did it now !

I just bought a s5839i branded by T-Mobile Germany. Can I use this file to root? And how can i undo this in case of sending the device back if something is brocken. I dont want to loose warranty at all.

Last edited:

006_Charizard

Aug 20, 2012
υηкησωη
I also have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which has became too slow So i wanna root it and install Custom Roms so please suggest me the best method for rooting+unrooting as well as Custom Roms

bedelaitre

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my GT-S5839i (2.3.6). When rooting it using the root.zip file, everything seems to be ok, BUT superSU doesn't work (no SU binary). So, I have a look inside /system/xbin and there is nothing new except busybox. The su, sh ans sqlite3 binaries are not presents.

Any idea ?

+IamRED

Dec 18, 2012
Successful root

I was able to successfly root my GT S5839i following post by fellow junior member (use link below). Unfortunately as a total noob to android I,m unsure of the CWM S5839i zip as I am still reviewing threads to explain function, compatibilty and stability on my model galaxy. But if I hazard a guess Its intials may stand for clockworkmod, I dowloaded from google play hoping to get the most up to date version but found my model was unsuported and lacked knowledge to try manual install. Will seek the knowledge

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1891162

+IamRED

Dec 18, 2012
May Help

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my GT-S5839i (2.3.6). When rooting it using the root.zip file, everything seems to be ok, BUT superSU doesn't work (no SU binary). So, I have a look inside /system/xbin and there is nothing new except busybox. The su, sh ans sqlite3 binaries are not presents.

Any idea ?

I had problem with superSU "no SU binary and unable to update this is problem" error appeared. My fault as explained in previous post total noob, thought I was getting ahead of myself and after reading other threads realised had not backed up sys etc so decided to use the unroot option in the SU settings to then do a factory reset and start again. Was taking ages, talking over an hour presumed app had crashed so exited with home button thus error msg and phone still rooted. Was able to rectify by dowloading unroot.zip and in maintanance mode (power button+home key+volume up) update from SD card to unroot device then performed factory reset. SU still present and not working but rooted phone and then updated app at play store and all is well. Probably not best route as it would of been nice if I had a backup as then had to reload all apps lost. Reading dev thread on superSU by Chainfire (Think thats right) there is also a superSU zip v 0.99 file which if you search forums will find the file and can also be updated from SD card in maintanance mode which may solve your binary issue but I have not tested this method. So might be wise to check thread as similar probs were reported.

Attachments

• Unroot.zip
    101.3 KB · Views: 617
Reactions: Fawad85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting S5839i v2.3.6

Well, I did it now !

Thanks.
    GT-S5830i menus

Hi! i gave my girlfriend a Samsung GT-S5830i. She has a t-mobile card, but i brought a Telenor phone. So i began to unlock... Ive found the Recovery menu...

Recovery:
    First press and hold the Home button and the Volume Up button, then press and hold the power button. The Samsung Galaxy Ace letters appears, and then disappears. Now release the power button only... The Samsung Galaxy Ace text appears again. When the text changes to bright yellow, release the buttons, and the recovery comes up...

The download menu:
    Press and hold both the volume up and volume down button, then press and hold the power button...
    A warning message comes. press vol up... [[!! beware of differences berween GT-S5830 and GT-S5830i... They are not compatible. You brick your phone when you upload a different kernel!!]]

The zip file for root is below....
    (if i uploaded a wrong zip, please PM me that...)

i couldn't unlock it. Ive tried all of methods, i've found. The only method, that now works, hte Z3XBOX, but it costs 120$ :O
    Here you go

I have the Ace but the model just before yours and all I do is hold volume down and the centre button untill the phone turns on and screen goes black.

Install clockworkmod recovery google it.

:):) if i helped press thanks please ;);););)
    I've found the solution for our problem !

It's called galaxy toolbox and i just tested and works excelent on my Samsung Ace GT-S5839i locked to Vodafone with android 2.3.6

Phone needs to be rooted and you just need to install this apk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647703