GITHUB?

Search This thread
M

Modding.MyMind

Hey all of you Devs, RC's, and so forth...

I plan to start using GITHUB, but I am currently trying to build a list of possible Google play apps that will work like GITHUB, and/or any third party apps. This is so I can work on repos from my device when I am not by a computer.

So if any of you know of one that works for you, please, post about it here so I may be able to check it out.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

palmtree5

Aug 26, 2012
Hey all of you Devs, RC's, and so forth...

I plan to start using GITHUB, but I am currently trying to build a list of possible Google play apps that will work like GITHUB, and/or any third party apps. This is so I can work on repos from my device when I am not by a computer.

So if any of you know of one that works for you, please, post about it here so I may be able to check it out.

Their app?

M

Modding.MyMind

That app won't suffice for me. Seems it is mainly to view/read. Thanks anyways @palmtree5.

M

Modding.MyMind

Found something i am looking for. Will suffice for now. But plan to keep my eyes open for anything else.

M

Modding.MyMind

Ok, for you git users out there. I have narrowed it down to two apps for android. These apps will allow you to use git from your phone for times when you are not by a pc. The first one is called SGit. This app is pretty legit. It is also open source (that means java, c, and so on). Works really well, but my only problem with it is that it does not give options for working with branches whether you are trying to create, merge, checkout, etc. However, been looking at the source and its apparent that those options are being added so I look forward to the update.

The other app is called AIDE. This app is mainly for building apks from your device, but due to its wide diversity you can pretty much use this app for a wide variety of projects. It comes with git built in and features A LOT of git commands with a pretty slick gui. The ONLY problem with that app is you will NOT be able to use git with AIDE like you want to unless you purchase the apps premium key from the play store which is currently selling for $9.99 U.S. dollars. As it stands these two apps are best fitted when working on repos.

I currently have both on my device and I plan to keep both.

-- Happy Hunting!!

Last edited: