[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Yes when its done very nice right know even.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
Camera is working but not saving the pics..... any fix for this

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

can you please make sure, that the pics are missing at the filesystem level ?

i'd like to avoid the possibility, when the pics are there, but the thumbnailer dosent scan for them......

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/cm7/update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-alpha-10162011-signed.zip

gps working, usb working, camera working, mediabutton opens gallery.
Added touchroi binary code to bootanimation.

Will the market not FC on me everytime here? Has anyone had that happen? I installed the previous one straight from ESBv2 which is a 2.1 ROM and the market force closed on me every time. Would like to know if that's going to happen again or if there's something I need to do to prevent that from happening.

Thanks

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Did you apply the cyanogenmod gapps package? (Not saying that it works--I haven't had time to try this ROM yet--just a suggestion)

I tried and it didn't work. It shows market in app management but not in apps. I Haven't tried restoring with Titanium backup yet, I think I will try that.

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
Did you apply the cyanogenmod gapps package? (Not saying that it works--I haven't had time to try this ROM yet--just a suggestion)

Yep, didn't work. I also tried installing market by itself manually but it wouldn't let me add a google account without flashing the gapps package. Tried clearing market data, cache and tried a bunch of other things but couldn't get market to work for more than 3 seconds. :(

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
But when team working together - that much better.
For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
I will also make nightly build server ,that will make nightly build every day in 0:00 gmt.
So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
This cm7 VERY good yes their are issues and they will be fixed.
I having tweaking the memory on this and found the right settings for this system I will not release quite yet not quite done testing yet.
This good enough for everyday use.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
New version hasn't fixed my market problems. Still force closes for whatever reason. However, I can install apps from my computer using online market just fine so not a big deal atm.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008

Attachments

• GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    122.6 KB · Views: 22
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    112.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdstring

warrenkb

Feb 1, 2011
Easily the best rom out there for the XT720, once the camera issues are sorted out there is no reason to use any other rom. Even with the camera issues, there is no reason to use any other rom.

Thanks FJ

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
I m testing this rom for about 1hout and it seems fast and stable but no way to make the market work...
It s weird it look like a google account problem i can t connect to my account when i launch the market it ask me to connect to my account and i have the choice between a microsoft exchange account and a facebook one... (i try the both and it don t work) no way to connect to google...

I try your market update 3dstring and yours apks mchlbenner and it don t work (the apks don t want to install and the update seems to work but it s the same it ask for a google account...)
BTW this is the last version: Android Market 3.2.0 I use the update way to install and it s the same (no google account)...

And i forget to say that the ext don t work for me with the 10162011 version
I had to install the ext update by fwals you can found it here

Last edited:

warrenkb

Feb 1, 2011
There is a newer version 10162011 that works with 3rds market update applied via OR. I just did it this morning and it is fine.

Reactions: B_e_n

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.