Email account keeps disappearing

Search This thread

dcoales

Oct 3, 2008
Hi

From time to time my exchange email account keeps disappearing and the email widget on my home screen invites me to set up a new account as though for the first time.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a known fix?

I am currently running stock android 3.2 and using the stock touch wiz launcher.

Cheers
David

golden422

Feb 5, 2011
I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.

Theory

Sep 21, 2008
I have had this happen twice, but I have no idea what caused it. I just re-added the account. It hasn't happened for a few weeks now.

The last two times that happened to me I noticed that I;ve set my "Period to sync Email" to "All" (under Settings>Accounts and sync>[exchange account]>settings...). Since then, I left it at "1 month" and the problem did not recur.

konstantin.schubert

Jul 9, 2012
same problem here

I have the same problem. My email accounts keep disappearing from the Samsung stock email. Do you guys happen to have Swiftkey or ClockworkMod installed?

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
Had the same thing happen to me like 7-8 times on HC. On Ics now and haven't had it happen since. I know my data partition was a bit screwed up I believe from glassing recoveries and wiping in recovery. But no other symptoms. Think its just a HC glitch in the matrix. If notice the data hadn't been removed cause when you add it again it uses the next color for the account. It just stops displaying it. I believe it could have been related to the settings mentioned up thread.