[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
for anyone interested in the state of development of cm9 for droid 3, hash posted an update on his blog:

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/

looking pretty bleak for us :( seems as though cm7 will most likely be our only hope for a fully functional camera/hd codecs

He's talking about this 1GB issue thing..where it's all coded for 1GB. And that the only device with 512mb and ICS is Archos Gen9.
What about the nexus S? It has 512mb RAM and ICS... I asked this on his blog as well

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
He's talking about this 1GB issue thing..where it's all coded for 1GB. And that the only device with 512mb and ICS is Archos Gen9.
What about the nexus S? It has 512mb RAM and ICS... I asked this on his blog as well

Nexus S is Exynos 3.. all this has to do with it being OMAP4.. im not exactly sure but ics isnt limited at 1 GB of memory, its just has to do with the SoC and it's limitations.. at least thats my assumption..

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
and when you say BEST rom, what do you mean? what points of reference do you take? fast, stable, responsive,safe, customizable...?

jediman

Oct 28, 2010
Boss surprised me with a free nexus upgrade @ work. My boss is the bees knees. Will be saying by to d3 on Monday!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Reactions: swordrune10

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
So in your guys' opinions, what rom do you think is best in terms of stability and reliability as the number 1 most important feature, but while still performing smoothly.

Would it be best to stay on stock? I'm asking because my parents have complained about their phones (both have D3) sometimes freezing or slowing down a bit. Obviously they don't need anything flashy or customizable.

Also, I've read about ICS not being real ICS on the D3, or something like that? Bluetooth not working?

Calen77

Oct 1, 2011
Artigas
Yeah...

No droid3 ICS rom with bluetoth...

Câmara only for images, not vídeos ...

TIomap3 needs 1g Ram to work ...

It's a shame.

Sad, but TRUE...

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Omap4 he means. Personally Liberty is as stable as heck but Eclipse is pretty good and if you use the app Root Browser and go to /system/etc/init.d/98tweaks I left my cpu at 1 GHz but oced the gpu to 300 MHz and it runs like a champ and is smooth. Plus the memory settings seem to kill apps but leave them open and give a good balance.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
There are two lines that control it. The first one is echo 1100000000 (1.1 billion) into some file then the second is echo 384000000 (384 million) to some other file. That is the gpu. You just change it to 250 million for 250 MHz. Sorry I don't have it right in front of me.

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
Yes Eclipse, Mav, and Liberty are based off of the stock ROMs. CM7 is AOSP Gingerbread. Everything else is ICS.

Awesome to know, thanks.

So I'm guessing Eclipse is the best choice if I undo all the overclocking right? Then it should be extremely stable and still run (at least) as good as stock right? And at least more stable than stock GB, because it has a lot of problems as it is. right? Just today my mother was telling me her phone reset in the middle of her using it. I really want her phone to have as little issues as possible but not take forever to respond.

Also for future reference, I know the stock frequency of the CPU is 1GHz but what is the stock frequency for the GPU?

Last edited:

fatfishycell

Feb 9, 2008
Cm7 is still my favorite rom, even over cm9 it is just has way more polish, like render filters and phone blacklists all I missed on cm9. I also prefer the copy paste on gb vs ics. Really who wants to try and remember what a bunch of obscure icons mean.

I hope this means that cm7 on d3 will get a working stock cam, front facing cam support and vid rec and maybe a little oc, really all its missing.

I just switched from mav rom to the older release of cm7, so I think I'll give eclipse a whirl while I wait for some new cm7 nightlies.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Liberty would be best because it is super stable and gets good battery life. You can tweak it with the v6 script and it works good. I only use Eclipse since it is being updated and feels smooth. And the stock gpu frequency is 250 MHz I believe.

dsw361

Mar 9, 2011
There are two lines that control it. The first one is echo 1100000000 (1.1 billion) into some file then the second is echo 384000000 (384 million) to some other file. That is the gpu. You just change it to 250 million for 250 MHz. Sorry I don't have it right in front of me.

Wouldn't changing 384 million to 250 million be underclocking the gpu?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
Liberty would be best because it is super stable and gets good battery life. You can tweak it with the v6 script and it works good. I only use Eclipse since it is being updated and feels smooth. And the stock gpu frequency is 250 MHz I believe.

It kind of scares me that it isn't being updated anymore though. I'm actually still leaning towards Eclipse, unless it is less stable than stock (hard to believe) or has some known issues that you can inform me of. And if I go with Liberty, I can install some third party launcher right? Because they don't really like that tiny Phone-Menu-Browser dock at the bottom of the stock GB look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2