Mugen Power 1600mAh Extended Battery for For HTC Desire

Search This thread

Watchaa

Oct 5, 2012
I bought a Mungen power battery in the past.
Not for my Desire HD but for a Desire Z.
Battery worked well months but I had to replace it with the original battery.
Because the phone were not stable and crashed.
The LED were lighting red and the phone did not turns on.

If I have to buy another battery, I will not buy again a mungen but only the ORIGINAL HTC !

donkito

Apr 25, 2011
I've purchased Anker 1600 mAh battery on ebay. As soon as I get it and test it will come back here and say what my experience with it says! :cowboy:

Edit: I have recieved a massage about the fact that the batteries are sold out, but today I recieved another one that says that the batery in fact will be shiped to me, so when I finally recieve what I've paid for I will told you my results!

Last edited:

xxkid123

Jun 13, 2012
I've purchased Anker 1600 mAh battery on ebay. As soon as I get it and test it will come back here and say what my experience with it says! :cowboy:

I received my anker 1600maH from amazon a few days ago- it was the highest rated battery on amazon for our phone and the only one that consistently held strong reviews- the lowest reviews stated that they found no power increase over the OEM, whereas others found a major increase. In my case I've been using the original for nearly nearly 2 years, and the battery was pretty shot. I switched for a newer battery and I'm definitely noticing an increase in battery life. I've been using battery monitor widget, and with my previous battery I measured at around 650maH (+-60%, which isn't reassuring, but it consistently stayed there after flashing various roms and measuring for around month). The new battery measures in at ~1300maH, +-55%. Time will further tell.

Oh, further edit: I purchased the battery for $7.99 (USD, for canucks and aussies out there), and with free shipping. It arrived in less than a week.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011

The reviews somehow don't convince me that this battery is any better than the original 1230mah battery.
The guys who wrote the positive comments don't seem to know exactly what they are talking about.

On the other hand, I would propose that if someone is curious, he should take it, test it and inform us about the results.

Unleashed from my N101T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool, thank you man.

Sent It From Outer Space.

After a full charge (0 ma) with the Anker 1600, I get almost 25 hours with Jellytime R30. That's better than with oem battery, so yes it does give the promised extra battery life.

Usage was on the upper side of moderate usage, quite a lot of screen time. Mainly whatsapp, facebook, no gaming.

Lorclockans ICS will get double the battery life so I might still consider a rom downgrade. First I'll observe how the 4.2 builds are performing. So far it looks like Pipeliners version is performing great with battery life.
    There's a thread floating around somewhere which explains why the Mugen and similar high capacity batteries are no better than the standard HTC one.

The HTC branded battery can use ~90% of its capacity whereas other only use ~80%.
    I don't recall the exact numbers but it works out that, although the capacity is lower, more of it is usable.
    Can you please specify what brands should i consider buying? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Anker has a 1600 version as well which will fit the DHD without any mods. I ordered it on Ebay a few days ago.
    That's very good for Jellytime, despite the 1900 Anker. May I ask what radio you used to get the 52 hours and did you tweak governors?
    I really didn't bother changing anything.no tweaks, no different radio.