Problem my phone is stuck on download mode.

Search This thread

grpl

Aug 12, 2013
I tried rooting with the chainfire auto root thing and after the red android screen i got the green one again and its stuck,i tried taking out the battery a few times but its still not working.
Any help would be amazing.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Well search would help ..

You say you are stuck on download mode .
As in download mode does screen not move unable to boot to recovery unable to power off .

Read the CFauto root instructions in full

Last edited:

grpl

Aug 12, 2013
Well search would help ..

You say you are stuck on download mode .
As in download mode does screen not move unable to boot to recovery unable to power off .

Read the CFauto root instructions in full

I did and didnt find anything helpfull for my situation.
Also tried to root again but again its stuck on downloading... do not turn off target screen.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Boot to download mode and it says as it should Downloading do not turn off .
You are now supposed to flash the firmware via odin .

You should flash your stock firmware to get the phone working .
Then read the basic faqs and guides before you flash anything as its pointless flashing without reading the basics .
Or take it to a service centre .

jje

grpl

Aug 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply ill consider doing that
but before i try that i managed to get into recovery mode does that mean i can try something or should i try the odin flash thing?

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
Thanks for the reply ill consider doing that
but before i try that i managed to get into recovery mode does that mean i can try something or should i try the odin flash thing?

Clear data and cache then reboot you may not have to reflash the rom. if that doesnt work tha use odin to flash stock rom. good luck

grpl

Aug 12, 2013
Clear data and cache then reboot you may not have to reflash the rom. if that doesnt work tha use odin to flash stock rom. good luck

I did that and yeah i think i need to reflash too since that stuff didnt work.
i think i cant find my stock firmware from what i checked they dont have my country but maybe thats not importent

grpl

Aug 12, 2013
I did that and yeah i think i need to reflash too since that stuff didnt work.
i think i cant find my stock firmware from what i checked they dont have my country but maybe thats not importent

Is there a way to know my version/pda since i have no idea what stock rom to download

Saleh Ahmed

Aug 12, 2013
Melbourne
Device model no. in recovery mode

Hi,
Sorry to ask a random question. I Have my device model no. as S3 I9305 when I go to download mode and in my phone settings I can see my device model as S3 I9305T. I have recently installed Australian official firmware(XSA version without any career bloatware) in my phone, which is the S3 I9305T. I found it weird to have two different model nos. in 2 different places. When I first bought this phone it was the Telstra version, which is S3 I9305T. After that I changed many firmwares and installed S3 I9305 version from optus and other country's S3 I9305 version as well. Could you please tell me why is that?? Is this because I once installed I9305 firmware once? If that's the reason, today I flashed I9305T official firmware again with Odin. Is there any way to reset the download mode as well?? Please reply. Thanks.

dogmatism

Dec 20, 2006
@JJEgan I need some help, Ive got device, with same problem (i9305)
the donwload mode (which it defult boots into) does not show any device infos (which normally shows on the upper left corner)

Ive tried flashing latest stock rom (4.3) it gives an error (NOT "error pit file partition" but error flashing. failed it does not go beyond sboot )
any help? I am looking for 3 or 4 part firmware for this model, so that I could flash with pit.

@JJEgan I need some help, Ive got device, with same problem (i9305)
the donwload mode (which it defult boots into) does not show any device infos (which normally shows on the upper left corner)

Ive tried flashing latest stock rom (4.3) it gives an error (NOT "error pit file partition" but error flashing. failed it does not go beyond sboot )
any help? I am looking for 3 or 4 part firmware for this model, so that I could flash with pit.

So you run odin in windows.
Boot your phone to download mode
Connect device and wait for confirmation of connection in odin.
And then you click pda and choose a stock firmware.
And click start.