[EDITOR] EdiSense Edify Code Editor - With Syntax Highlighter

Search This thread

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
Hi all. EdiSense is a code editor for Edify scripting language. I'm working on an IDE for Edify, that's why I maked this first. I'll use this editor in my IDE. In version 0.1, the only feature is syntax highlighting but I'll add many features like autocompleting. By the way, it's only available for Windows currently.

Screenshot :

xElDJq.png

Write your opinion!

You can download it from here or from downloads section : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kxwdufky5fer3ux/EdiSense+Editor+yashade2001.exe

About the syntax highlighting: It makes the Edify keywords dark blue except "if,else,then,endif" words. EdiSense makes them light blue. EdiSense makes comment ( # ) lines green. And lastly, it makes brown inside of ""s.

XDA:DevDB Information
EdiSense Edify Code Editor, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
yashade2001

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-04

Created 2014-01-06
Last Updated 2014-01-19

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Hi all. EdiSense is a code editor for Edify scripting language. I'm working on an IDE for Edify, that's why I maked this first. I'll use this editor in my IDE. In version 0.1, the only feature is syntax highlighting but I'll add many features like autocompleting. By the way, it's only available for Windows currently.

Screenshot :

xElDJq.png

Write your opinion!

You can download it from here or from downloads section : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kxwdufky5fer3ux/EdiSense+Editor+yashade2001.exe

About the syntax highlighting: It makes the Edify keywords dark blue except "if,else,then,endif" words. EdiSense makes them light blue. EdiSense makes comment ( # ) lines green. And lastly, it makes brown inside of ""s.

Contributors
yashade2001

Version Information

Created 2014-01-06
Last Updated 2014-01-06

would be nice if there was some sort of error detection/fixing, this tool would be close to amazing!

Reactions: yashade2001

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
Hey @eagleeyetom thanks for sharing this on the portal but you wrote coming features too like syntax error checker and autocompleting. In this version the only feature is syntax highlighting. I think you should edit that article ( Especially the title ) . When I add that features, I will PM to you to write a new article. ( Or you can delete this article for now, I don't know which is better. ) Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Should make this a plugin for notepad++

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV
MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.
XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hey @eagleeyetom thanks for sharing this on the portal but you wrote coming features too like syntax error checker and autocompleting. In this version the only feature is syntax highlighting. I think you should edit that article ( Especially the title ) . When I add that features, I will PM to you to write a new article. ( Or you can delete this article for now, I don't know which is better. ) Thanks in advance.

I removed the auto completion line. Sorry for that. Not sure what is wrong with the title though.

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net

Agree on that, but still would leave linux users behind, I was wondering what could serve both windows and linux users. many people that code in windows use apps such as visual studio or .net which are all a living hell on wine (linux) since it will not run. I think the best option would be (next to a plugin for a text editor) to use java, can be ran on all platforms :)

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Agree on that, but still would leave linux users behind, I was wondering what could serve both windows and linux users. many people that code in windows use apps such as visual studio or .net which are all a living hell on wine (linux) since it will not run. I think the best option would be (next to a plugin for a text editor) to use java, can be ran on all platforms :)

maybe a wine compatible standalone package?
or maybe some sort of command line text editor such as gedit..?

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
I removed the auto completion line. Sorry for that. Not sure what is wrong with the title though.

I think you should also delete syntax error finding sentences and edit the title. Syntax highlighting and syntax error checking are different things; syntax highlighting is coloring the code, syntax error checking is finding errors. So it cant find or fix errors currently it just colores the code.. Thanks.

thewisenerd

Sep 27, 2012

Exactly the reason why I made this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2607485

Beatsleigher

I like this.
But, there are some bugs.

I've developed in .Net for a long time, if you need anyone to help you, let me know.

Ps: I didn't find anything regarding decompilation, so I went ahead and decompiled it.
There is some code in there which could be made much easier, and writing this in front of everything kind of makes the code look weird.
(I'm just going to give you more tips...)

I don't know if you're planning to release the source or not, but either way, you should comment things out and use XML-documentation (It's a lot like Java's JavaDoc).
Use the slashes:
Code:
///
/// <Summary>
/// This is an XML-comment in C#
///</Summary>
///

'''
''' <Summary>
''' This is an XML-comment in VB
''' </Summary>
'''

/**
* This is a Java JavaDoc comment
*/

And I'd use separate threads for detecting the syntax, check out Batch Editor, it's written in VB, but has much, much simpler code and that code should be easily ported to C#.

Furthermore, I'd rename matchcollections to keywords and use arrays and then I'd loop through them with a for-loop.
(Same goes for matchcollections1, 2 and 3.
I'd also declare them right in the class, and not in the method, declaring every variable in the methods can slow a program down.

Like I said, if you need any help, let me know and we can do this together. Ignore what everyone else is saying, keep this as a stand-a-lone, because if you just add it as a plugin, you'll get much less credit than you deserve.

Have a good one, mate :)

EDIT
: You should add an icon to the form and to the assembly itself.

Last edited:

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
I like this.
But, there are some bugs.

I've developed in .Net for a long time, if you need anyone to help you, let me know.

Ps: I didn't find anything regarding decompilation, so I went ahead and decompiled it.
There is some code in there which could be made much easier, and writing this in front of everything kind of makes the code look weird.
(I'm just going to give you more tips...)

I don't know if you're planning to release the source or not, but either way, you should comment things out and use XML-documentation (It's a lot like Java's JavaDoc).
Use the slashes:
Code:
///
/// <Summary>
/// This is an XML-comment in C#
///</Summary>
///

'''
''' <Summary>
''' This is an XML-comment in VB
''' </Summary>
'''

/**
* This is a Java JavaDoc comment
*/

And I'd use separate threads for detecting the syntax, check out Batch Editor, it's written in VB, but has much, much simpler code and that code should be easily ported to C#.

Furthermore, I'd rename matchcollections to keywords and use arrays and then I'd loop through them with a for-loop.
(Same goes for matchcollections1, 2 and 3.
I'd also declare them right in the class, and not in the method, declaring every variable in the methods can slow a program down.

Like I said, if you need any help, let me know and we can do this together. Ignore what everyone else is saying, keep this as a stand-a-lone, because if you just add it as a plugin, you'll get much less credit than you deserve.

Have a good one, mate :)

EDIT
: You should add an icon to the form and to the assembly itself.
Thanks for your tips. I already fixed blinking bug yesterday, I will release that with autocompleting feature. ABout the syntax error checking; dude do you know a way for checking syntax errors ?

Beatsleigher

Thanks for your tips. I already fixed blinking bug yesterday, I will release that with autocompleting feature. ABout the syntax error checking; dude do you know a way for checking syntax errors ?

Hm. I'm not sure if it'd work, but I guess you could loop through the words in a background thread and then correct them.
There's also a control for WinForms, which gives you a sort of Intellisense.
Shoot me a PM if you need me to help you on the code itself.

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
A found an autocomplete menu library (.dll) like intellisense on codeproject. But I can't use that. I import the dll to refferences but it's not showing in toolbox..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot :

xElDJq.png

Write your opinion!

Contributors
    yashade2001

Version Information

Created 2014-01-06
    Last Updated 2014-01-19

Screenshot :

xElDJq.png

Write your opinion!

Contributors
    yashade2001

Version Information

Created 2014-01-06
    Last Updated 2014-01-06

would be nice if there was some sort of error detection/fixing, this tool would be close to amazing!
    Can't wait for the future updates! Awesome Work :D