[Q&A] WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.0

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.0

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Alastorx5

Oct 13, 2014
Wifix manager for galaxy s4 and s5 with 4.4.2 kitcat

WiFi Fix for Android 4.0

Description

I recently found out many people in certain countries no matter what kinds of devices they're using, have issues with WiFi when SIM-Card is inserted.

I realized that changing the WiFi Country Code solves the problem and made an application that does this automatically on each boot and on network state changes.

Download

You can download it and follow the updates here.

You can also download and install WiFix Manager from Google Play (Make sure to rate the application.)

Installation

It's pretty easy; first of all you should root your device.

Then install WiFixManager.apk.

Start WiFix Manager from applications menu and tap Install WiFix (allow SuperUser permission.)

Once installed, you're ready to go. The application will change the country code when needed. You can also invoke it manually by dialing *#94349# (*#WIFIX#) and pressing the call button (don't forget to press call button; it's not a MSL code).

Updates

You can check for updates and install them via WiFix Manager.

Code:
Change Log:
1/14/12 WiFix V1.0, WiFix Manager V1.1:
Initial Release
1/25/12 WiFix 1.1, WiFix Manager V1.2:
Changed minimum SDK version and API Level to 3
Minor layout changes
Minor bug fixes
1/30/12 WiFix 1.2, WiFix Manager V1.3:
Added custom country code support
7/3/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.31:
Minor layout bug fixes
Compiled with Android SDK 14
12/9/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.32
Minor bug fixes (Device compatibility improvement.)
Added reboot prompt after installation and removal.
Compiled with Android SDK 16
Known Issues

Sometimes when you reboot your phone with WiFi turned on, you won't have internet access (you can't open webpages, download files etc.) even though it says it's already connected to your AP.
This issue can be fixed by turning WiFi Off and On or dialing *#WIFIX# as described before.

For ROM Cookers

By placing WiFix.apk in /system/app you'll have a WiFix enabled ROM.
If you're publishing that ROM, please include a link to this thread :)

Newer fix by XDA Member HTCZ715E

As of today, most of the manufacturers (including HTC and Sony) solved this Wi-Fi issue with their ROMs. Fortunately, there's no need for WiFix anymore.

For those who still have issues with custom ROMs and WiFix, try this.

Like many other users i have a problem getting wifi to work on my stock (TTT) samsung galaxy s4 i9500 in my country. I used to solve this kind of issues with Wifix manager from user fardjad but it seems to work only till android 4.3. User fardjad seems to have stopped working on this software. I have tried multiple scripts found here but none worked for me. I was wondering if any of you had a solution for this, or at least post the source code for wifix manager so that me or another user can have the chance to fix it an then upload it again for everyone. It would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Benzalph

Benzalph

Oct 15, 2014
Worked like magic!

After flashing my HTC T-Mobile G2 with Jelly Baby ROM, my phone couldn't detect any AP. It was such a pain for so beautiful a ROM to have no WiFi connectivity! This app .....
(Tears of joy)

Saadi Iftikhar

Dec 30, 2014
nada

guys i am from pakistan . my friend bought a droid dna gsm unlocked for me from america . but like every one here my wifi stops working when i insert the sim . i have unlocked , rooted my phone and installed this app but my wifi wont detect any thing still .

one more thing should i input the country code my self . if so what is the country code should i put in 92 or PK. and pl tell me whats wrong with this :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wifix manager for galaxy s4 and s5 with 4.4.2 kitcat

WiFi Fix for Android 4.0

Description

I recently found out many people in certain countries no matter what kinds of devices they're using, have issues with WiFi when SIM-Card is inserted.

I realized that changing the WiFi Country Code solves the problem and made an application that does this automatically on each boot and on network state changes.

Download

You can download it and follow the updates here.

You can also download and install WiFix Manager from Google Play (Make sure to rate the application.)

Installation

It's pretty easy; first of all you should root your device.

Then install WiFixManager.apk.

Start WiFix Manager from applications menu and tap Install WiFix (allow SuperUser permission.)

Once installed, you're ready to go. The application will change the country code when needed. You can also invoke it manually by dialing *#94349# (*#WIFIX#) and pressing the call button (don't forget to press call button; it's not a MSL code).

Updates

You can check for updates and install them via WiFix Manager.

Code:
    Change Log:
    1/14/12 WiFix V1.0, WiFix Manager V1.1:
    Initial Release
    1/25/12 WiFix 1.1, WiFix Manager V1.2:
    Changed minimum SDK version and API Level to 3
    Minor layout changes
    Minor bug fixes
    1/30/12 WiFix 1.2, WiFix Manager V1.3:
    Added custom country code support
    7/3/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.31:
    Minor layout bug fixes
    Compiled with Android SDK 14
    12/9/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.32
    Minor bug fixes (Device compatibility improvement.)
    Added reboot prompt after installation and removal.
    Compiled with Android SDK 16
    Known Issues

Sometimes when you reboot your phone with WiFi turned on, you won't have internet access (you can't open webpages, download files etc.) even though it says it's already connected to your AP.
    This issue can be fixed by turning WiFi Off and On or dialing *#WIFIX# as described before.

For ROM Cookers

By placing WiFix.apk in /system/app you'll have a WiFix enabled ROM.
    If you're publishing that ROM, please include a link to this thread :)

Newer fix by XDA Member HTCZ715E

As of today, most of the manufacturers (including HTC and Sony) solved this Wi-Fi issue with their ROMs. Fortunately, there's no need for WiFix anymore.

For those who still have issues with custom ROMs and WiFix, try this.

Like many other users i have a problem getting wifi to work on my stock (TTT) samsung galaxy s4 i9500 in my country. I used to solve this kind of issues with Wifix manager from user fardjad but it seems to work only till android 4.3. User fardjad seems to have stopped working on this software. I have tried multiple scripts found here but none worked for me. I was wondering if any of you had a solution for this, or at least post the source code for wifix manager so that me or another user can have the chance to fix it an then upload it again for everyone. It would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance