Infuse Car Dock

Search This thread

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
I picked up the Infuse Car dock with my Infuse and I LOVE IT. It works great, its very very good build quality. Nice to have the dock always plugged in for power and I can just pop my phone in and go. Also really nice that Samsung Car Home auto opens when I plug it in to the dock.

To anyone that uses their phone for calls or music while driving I highly recommend it.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
very nice that samsung didnt drop the ball on this stuff this time. i am considering both docks.

bluetoothless

May 31, 2006
I bought both as well. AT&T had special that if you buy two accessories you get the third free.
Infuse should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to try them out. I have always used ProClip USA's mounts but will compare it to Samsung's. I currently have an adjustable adaptor that works with iPhone 3G and Captivate within protective cases. They have holders for naked units that fit perfectly, but it is a hassle to remove phones from Otterboxes only to put them back after short rides.

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
i just got the home dock but am returning it. the reason is that it is not flexible enough. it has a micro usb port but it will not pass through the usb connection to my computer so i can mount the sdcard or pass through mhl to hdmi. this makes it no more than a 40$ charger that holds the phone.

i have a bad micro usb cable that i plan to make into a jig that can trip the dock mode or other things. i can hack up the dock but would rather exchange it for the car dock. i also want to see how much a second mhl adapter is. i would like to make an all in one dock.

jafo5236

Aug 10, 2006
Georgetown, TX
Car Dock application

I purchased a Infuse yesterday with the car dock. The only way we can get the phone to send audio out through the docks 3.5mm is by using the Samsung Car Home application. This application is lacking to say the least. I've tried CarHome Ultra and still no audio through the dock.

Is there a work around for this or another dock application that works?

Thanks,

JAFO

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I purchased a Infuse yesterday with the car dock. The only way we can get the phone to send audio out through the docks 3.5mm is by using the Samsung Car Home application. This application is lacking to say the least. I've tried CarHome Ultra and still no audio through the dock.

Thanks,

JAFO

no methods that have been tested yet. there is an app for the sgs that can control it but it may need a kernel mod to work.

edit: try this https://market.android.com/details?id=net.muteheadlight.dockredir

let me know if it works

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo5236

bluetoothless

May 31, 2006
Media volume output seems too low through 3.5mm and bluetooth. Anyone share opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Media volume output seems too low through 3.5mm and bluetooth. Anyone share opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

With the media volume at full, with BT using Music Player or Pandora I can keep my Stereo on 15 and it sounds nice and clear and loud. To get the same volume out of Sirius or the Radio I am usually up around 20. I haven't tried the 3.5mm jack.

slider2828

Jul 19, 2010
With the media volume at full, with BT using Music Player or Pandora I can keep my Stereo on 15 and it sounds nice and clear and loud. To get the same volume out of Sirius or the Radio I am usually up around 20. I haven't tried the 3.5mm jack.

For all you guys out there, if your car is NOT bluetooth ready, I am currently using Grom Audio stuff....

Its freaking AMAZING! ALL audio goes through the bluetooth like watching a news cast with flash, watching a baseball game, and of course bluetooth calling. Its all plug and play and anyone can do it!

http://www.gromaudio.com/ipod.html

Is the one I got. Its does come with full ipod control cable, but meh.... I just use the bluetooth!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: HushH

JasjarMan

Oct 14, 2006
no methods that have been tested yet. there is an app for the sgs that can control it but it may need a kernel mod to work.

edit: try this https://market.android.com/details?id=net.muteheadlight.dockredir

let me know if it works

Hey thanks, it works! But the only bad thing is that the sound is still bad. There is no BASS hardly at all compared to the sound the headphone port throws out. This is the same problem with the Samsung car dock app. Its like Samsung crossed the wires when soldering the wires to the port. It sounds like mono and not STEREO. I wish this could be fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got thru talking with Samsung Tech support. The guy I was talking to said that the dock should not make the phone send calls directly to the speakerphone. He thinks there is something wrong with my dock, I find this hard to believe. Can anyone tell me if their phone calls go directly to speakerphone when it is plugged into car dock, thanks.

Use "car home" from google. hopefully that works better for you. Download the apk install it, but the trick is you need to hold an area on your launcher and create a shortcut to a activity, in the activity list, search for carhome.carhome.... There is a setting that says if you enable bluetooth, car home will appear and it should sync to your car's bluetooth.

Hope that helps.
    Did you pick it up at an AT&T store? I am eager to check one out, as I plan to use the phone quite a bit as GPS unit for my car.

Thanks!

Yeah I did I am not normally one to buy accessories from ATT but I couldn't resist :D.

Thanks,

JAFO

let me know if it works
    In terms of avoiding battery drain while running navigation at full brightness, you need a BEEFY charger.

The charger sold by AT&T sucks. It's awful - probably good for 500 mA at best.
    The 1A chargers sold by Monoprice are NOT capable of anywhere near 1A. Best case 400-500 mA. (They limit peak switch current to 600, output current must be less than peak current...)
    The 2.1A port of the Scosche reVIVE II (2.1A + 1A dual charger) works very well. If connected directly to the phone it is detected as a USB charger, but if used with the dock (which hides the iCharging resistors in the Scosche from the phone) it works GREAT. I can run Navigation at full brightness and actually have the battery charge.