[ROM][4.4.x][HISTORY][I9300] MoKee OpenSource Project

Search This thread

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
Disclaimer:
Code:
All the firmwares, custom ROMs, official firmware updates, mods and tools mentioned here belong to their respective developers/owners.

You will be doing everything at your own risk. 

We nor the developers cannot be held responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.

UCEYFux.jpg

Introduction:
MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...:)

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed! :)
Read here for developer application; with this, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Features:
  • Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
  • Incremental updates
  • OTA updates - update on the fly!
  • Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
  • ListView animations
  • Multi window
  • Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders
  • Lunar calendar in lock screen
  • Task switching sidebar in recent apps (the list will increase if you install supported apps)
  • Bulk SMS recipients
  • Adjustable SMS font size
  • SMS sending delay
  • Smart dialing
  • Speed dialing
  • IP dialing
  • Custom carrier name
  • Network speed in status bar (upload and download!)
  • Built in timer in Apollo - determine when to stop playing music
  • MoKee Setup Wizard
  • Active Display
  • Adjustable navigation bar height
  • Unique Power Saver functions!
  • Custom screen off animations
  • Customizable recent apps shorcuts
  • Lockscreen notifications
  • Working CM11 theme engine
  • Many more! Since we are constantly adding new features, see changelogs to keep updated!

Screenshots
The screenshots below gets outdated very fast! :D

smZphPj.png

35Y6QnH.png

yUgLbc4.png

BEnpSq7.png

Multi-window:

6iphQej.png

ttUH12L.png

Screen Off Animations:

Scale down:

Fade out:

Unique features:

bmJ4Cls.png

IEDofbp.png

NXzewkN.png

qnXTFF8.png

HqX5aRf.png

QhtZbxe.png

0cOc34X.png

jUkisGF.png

EadDCXo.jpg

Wz6SF2T.gif

4S1NQvw.png

DMVf1Gl.png

Feature-rich settings:

z2J8yKk.png

o58MOO7.png

VdWCTKE.png

LsyzOdP.png

bn4Jhi9.png

AFS4PZ1.png

d8rNSWj.png

TWjI5Gj.png

GxggWcd.png

M5HaOei.png

utwRB3f.png

Installation Instructions:

1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Format /system
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash MoKee Gapps
5. Reboot​

Donations:
All donations will be used for bandwidth, you can see the current bandwidth usage here:
http://traffic.mokeedev.com
Current rate is 6TB per/month, extra at USD0.02/GB

So yea, show some "MoKee lurve" here:
http://www.mokeedev.com/en/donations :D

Credits:
- MoKee Developers: https://github.com/orgs/MoKee/members
- CyanogenMod
- AOSP
- Koush for open-sourced SuperUser
- Slim Roms
- OmniROM
- @omkarsathe92 for the videos! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
MoKee OpenSource Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
Ryuinferno, martincz
Source Code: https://github.com/MoKee

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-01-21
Last Updated 2015-07-29

Jan 4, 2013
CHANGELOG:
http://changelog.mfunz.com

Since we're updating frequently, making manual changelogs ain't possible anymore...:p

And also take note that although I am involved in the development of this ROM, but I do not own the device, so I might not be able to answer your device specific questions...:(

I'll give this ROM a whirl :) is good fun to try new ROMs in the early days and see them develop as time go's by, and will look forward to seeing you add PIE control when the time is right....
More than happy to do some testing for you I mite well find something that needs tweaking, as you don't own the device I hope my offer will be helpful to you :)

Reactions: Ryuinferno

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
Installed the ROM....looking nice so far :good:

Will give a detailed feedback in a day or two after using it :)

Apicio

Dec 28, 2012
Seems very good with OTA updates... Downloading....

Yeah it's Tapatalk B****h

S1ay3r666

Dec 14, 2011
Unique Power Saver functions!

Which they are? Could I expect a better battery life as by other Roms?
Anyone a Screenshot of Battery Life?

Yes many many questions about Battery life its very important for me :D

mufaa

Jun 11, 2009
When I moved from 4.2.2 to 4.3, I noticed extreme lag and stutter while browsing webpages and on apps like FB and Twitter. I was told that was because those ROMs were not built on Samsung's 4.3 core or something like that. Will I face the same problem with this ROM (or any other 4.4.2 ROM?).

I mostly interested in MoKee ROM, however. Looks the most 'sorted' of the lot!

nirav07

Feb 2, 2012
Nice ROM. Will give feedback after 2 days of use

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
My review of the ROM

I wanted to try out KitKat ROM ever since CM11/Omni debuted on i9300. However when I looked at the threads, so many people were complaining about this or that not working, always had me changed my mind. No offense to hard working chefs of these ROM's obviously, I know there is development curve which aftermarket roms go through and normally also, these things don't bother me, however I've had kind of settled down with Ultima 15.1 sammy 4.1.2 based ROM which provides near AOSP like feel with a mix of samsung features, butter smooth performance and excellent battery life.

Anyway enough of background onto the review now, this is my first KitKat based ROM, which I'm trying out on my phone. I had installed the 01/26 nightly and I must say I'm impressed till now. The surprising lack of responses in this thread, kind of worked for the ROM for me as I didn't read any complaints for this ROM ;) :D, hehe. The ROM is very fluid and haven't experienced any FCs/camera issues/any other issues so far. Bluetooth also works fine, however I did feel there is little reduction in range of BT headset, however not sure if its just a placebo, as I really had a bad time on CM10 roms.

Also I'm running ART which gives a warning that it is an experimental feature when enabled, but however it works quite well as already stated. Another feature which I really like was auto-brightness implementation and the already loaded profiles for it. They work very well and are quite customizable.

My biggest concern like the some above posters was battery :), as I know performance is always great on non TW roms. I'll let the screenshots below do the talking.

I'm not a very heavy user of the phone, kind of medium light. My battery is samsung stock which came with the phone and is quite old now ~ about 1.5 years. Battery life is surely comparable to TW roms, if not better.

This is with I9300DDUGMK1 modem (which is baseband for India in ML4 ROM) and location off all the time (under GPS/network based/google apps). Normally NLP wakelocks are source of the biggest battery drain, so I had turned it off as precaution. Will benchmark with location on also in few days. Also this includes a idle period of around 8-9 hours (night time) when phone was not touched with WIFI off but mobile network/sync on (Whatsapp and Gmail).

Also I haven't restored any apps using titanium backup. I've heard in CM threads this can screw your battery life, especially whens apps restored are coming from Samsung ROM. Antutu scores look good too, although I'm not sure how other KK roms are fairing.

Thank you MoKee OS team and kudos to the Chef, for this nice ROM :)

Last edited:

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
I wanted to try out KitKat ROM ever since CM11/Omni debuted on i9300. However when I looked at the threads, so many people were complaining about this or that not working, always had me changed my mind. No offense to hard working chefs of these ROM's obviously, I know there is development curve which aftermarket roms go through and normally also, these things don't bother me, however I've had kind of settled down with Ultima 15.1 sammy 4.1.2 based ROM which provides near AOSP like feel with a mix of samsung features, butter smooth performance and excellent battery life.

Anyway enough of background onto the review now, this is my first KitKat based ROM, which I'm trying out on my phone. I had installed the 01/26 nightly and I must say I'm impressed till now. The surprising lack of responses in this thread, kind of worked for the ROM for me as I didn't read any complaints for this ROM ;) :D, hehe. The ROM is very fluid and haven't experienced any FCs/camera issues/any other issues so far. Bluetooth also works fine, however I did feel there is little reduction in range of BT headset, however not sure if its just a placebo, as I really had a bad time on CM10 roms.

Also I'm running ART which gives a warning that it is an experimental feature when enabled, but however it works quite well as already stated. Another feature which I really like was auto-brightness implementation and the already loaded profiles for it. They work very well and are quite customizable.

My biggest concern like the some above posters was battery :), as I know performance is always great on non TW roms. I'll let the screenshots below do the talking.

I'm not a very heavy user of the phone, kind of medium light. My battery is samsung stock which came with the phone and is quite old now ~ about 1.5 years. Battery life is surely comparable to TW roms, if not better.

This is with I9300DDUGMK1 modem (which is baseband for India in ML4 ROM) and location off all the time (under GPS/network based/google apps). Normally NLP wakelocks are source of the biggest battery drain, so I had turned it off as precaution. Will benchmark with location on also in few days. Also this includes a idle period of around 8-9 hours (night time) when phone was not touched with WIFI off but mobile network/sync on (Whatsapp and Gmail).

Also I haven't restored any apps using titanium backup. I've heard in CM threads this can screw your battery life, especially whens apps restored are coming from Samsung ROM. Antutu scores look good too, although I'm not sure how other KK roms are fairing.

One thing which I found missing was native way to take screenshots ? I don't know if its built in and I'm missing a shortcut, or its not there yet.

Thanks for a very detailed review, we really appreciate that...:)...about screenshot, Power+Volume down (Power+Volume up for screen record!) or you can add them to the power menu by Settings->Buttons->Power menu...:)

Good rom but a lot of bloatwares...4 chinese apps with a weird appstore..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Well the Chinese apps are targeted at the China users as the ROM was based in China, it's useful to them (think of MIUI, but has vanilla Android looks+open source+maintained by freelancers (MIUI is a company, we are not though, we do this for free))...:D

Last edited:

dreamaddict

Dec 8, 2012
Testing this rom, very good one.
Can i use beoffla CM kernel with this rom?
Phone not going into deepsleep, so 3% battery drain per hour during night (idle)
I will look for some solutions

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

dreamaddict

Dec 8, 2012
Using beoffla kernel from above link
Battery drain normal after reboot :)
Deepsleep working
Usb tethering not working sometimes, probably a problem with my pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    All the firmwares, custom ROMs, official firmware updates, mods and tools mentioned here belong to their respective developers/owners.

You will be doing everything at your own risk. 

We nor the developers cannot be held responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.

UCEYFux.jpg

Introduction:
    MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...:)

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed! :)
    Read here for developer application; with this, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Features:
    • Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
    • Incremental updates
    • OTA updates - update on the fly!
    • Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
    • ListView animations
    • Multi window
    • Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders
    • Lunar calendar in lock screen
    • Task switching sidebar in recent apps (the list will increase if you install supported apps)
    • Bulk SMS recipients
    • Adjustable SMS font size
    • SMS sending delay
    • Smart dialing
    • Speed dialing
    • IP dialing
    • Custom carrier name
    • Network speed in status bar (upload and download!)
    • Built in timer in Apollo - determine when to stop playing music
    • MoKee Setup Wizard
    • Active Display
    • Adjustable navigation bar height
    • Unique Power Saver functions!
    • Custom screen off animations
    • Customizable recent apps shorcuts
    • Lockscreen notifications
    • Working CM11 theme engine
    • Many more! Since we are constantly adding new features, see changelogs to keep updated!

Screenshots
    The screenshots below gets outdated very fast! :D

smZphPj.png

35Y6QnH.png

yUgLbc4.png

BEnpSq7.png

Multi-window:

6iphQej.png

ttUH12L.png

Screen Off Animations:

Scale down:

Fade out:

Unique features:

bmJ4Cls.png

IEDofbp.png

NXzewkN.png

qnXTFF8.png

HqX5aRf.png

QhtZbxe.png

0cOc34X.png

jUkisGF.png

EadDCXo.jpg

Wz6SF2T.gif

4S1NQvw.png

DMVf1Gl.png

Feature-rich settings:

z2J8yKk.png

o58MOO7.png

VdWCTKE.png

LsyzOdP.png

bn4Jhi9.png

AFS4PZ1.png

d8rNSWj.png

TWjI5Gj.png

GxggWcd.png

M5HaOei.png

utwRB3f.png

Installation Instructions:

1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Format /system
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash MoKee Gapps
    5. Reboot​

Donations:
    All donations will be used for bandwidth, you can see the current bandwidth usage here:
    http://traffic.mokeedev.com
    Current rate is 6TB per/month, extra at USD0.02/GB

So yea, show some "MoKee lurve" here:
    http://www.mokeedev.com/en/donations :D

Credits:
    - MoKee Developers: https://github.com/orgs/MoKee/members
    - CyanogenMod
    - AOSP
    - Koush for open-sourced SuperUser
    - Slim Roms
    - OmniROM
    - @omkarsathe92 for the videos! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MoKee OpenSource Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    Ryuinferno, martincz
    Source Code: https://github.com/MoKee

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-01-21
    Last Updated 2015-07-29
    CHANGELOG:
    http://changelog.mokeedev.com

Since we're updating frequently, making manual changelogs ain't possible anymore...:p

And also take note that although I am involved in the development of this ROM, but I do not own the device, so I might not be able to answer your device specific questions...:(
    My review of the ROM

With the release of the HISTORY version, development for MK44.4 has finally ended. A new thread for MK50.2 will be coming soon provided if the device is supported :) Check here to see if device is supported; if not, no ETA's please.
    Testing this rom, very good one.
    Can i use beoffla CM kernel with this rom?
    Phone not going into deepsleep, so 3% battery drain per hour during night (idle)
    I will look for some solutions

Yes, Boeffla Kernel works fine!
    Take this one Boeffla Kernel Stable