[Q] File Transfer Apps

Search This thread

PScales17

Nov 27, 2011
Boston
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I could get some suggestions on good wifi file transfer apps - like my last Samsung I can't for the life of me get this phone to be recognized by Windows. I am rooting and running the awesome Kang AOKP ROM.

WiFi File Explorer is having trouble moving files around - I keep getting network errors on my failed downloads in Chrome on my PC.

Any other more stable app suggestions?

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I still can't connect mine either haha

I use Air droid from the market..free and works awesome

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PScales17

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
I find ES explorer to do pretty much anything I need. Wifi, samba, bluetooth, wifi direct. Also free in the market, and allows root access (su permitting)

-----
Tips for a pleasant XDA:
Search before asking. Someone has likely already asked.
Spell your words completely, and use punctuation. It confuses people when you use "u" and "ur" and "dat", or when you wrongly use "there/their/they're/your/you're".
Be nice. Don't be rude, just move on to another post without leaving a comment. We are not 7 years old.
And PLEASE, do not ask for the "best" anything. We all have our preferences.

Reactions: PScales17

PScales17

Nov 27, 2011
Boston
Thanks for the suggestions I will check them both out... I already have ES but didn't configure any servers on it. I am having luck with WiFiDroid- another freebee

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
yeah they are all similar. I find airdroid very fast.. i transfer a 1.4 gig file in about 5 min.

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
Google Pixel C
Google Pixel 7a
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I could get some suggestions on good wifi file transfer apps - like my last Samsung I can't for the life of me get this phone to be recognized by Windows. I am rooting and running the awesome Kang AOKP ROM.

WiFi File Explorer is having trouble moving files around - I keep getting network errors on my failed downloads in Chrome on my PC.

Any other more stable app suggestions?

ES Filexplorer is the best.

GUI gets a little wierd at times but it has so many features it can do what your asking.

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I actually just discovered pushbullet today it allows for file, picture, text, etc to be pushed from Chrome, or any Android device to another. It even lets you push them to friends phones who have the app as well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pushbullet.android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Nice. I use Air droid for huge files.like moving my ROMs to my phone etc..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still can't connect mine either haha

I use Air droid from the market..free and works awesome

I find ES explorer to do pretty much anything I need. Wifi, samba, bluetooth, wifi direct. Also free in the market, and allows root access (su permitting)

-----
    Tips for a pleasant XDA:
    Search before asking. Someone has likely already asked.
    Spell your words completely, and use punctuation. It confuses people when you use "u" and "ur" and "dat", or when you wrongly use "there/their/they're/your/you're".
    Be nice. Don't be rude, just move on to another post without leaving a comment. We are not 7 years old.
    And PLEASE, do not ask for the "best" anything. We all have our preferences.