Battery life this bad??

Search This thread

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
Got my nexus 7 LTE on Thursday. Charged it 100% took it to work, and did almost nothing on it the whole day. By the time I got home it was at like 9% battery left. That is pretty horrible IMO. And again I did almost nothing. I didn't stream or watch videos. Just checked emails and some facebook. I don't remember my old nexus 7 wifi version being this bad. Is this normal with the LTE version? And if so if their anything I can do to get more time out of it...

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
First of all, if you want our help try to give us more information, such as:

-Battery stats (App usage and Screen on-time) --> Example
-Current rom, OS version and kernel
-Tell us which battery saving methods are you using
-Wakelock Detector stats screenshot IMPORTANT!

After you're done with all these, we'll help you for sure.

Edit: If you haven't rooted/unlocked your device, just provide the OS version.

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
I'm sure people are aware that LTE sucks battery life out of any mobile device faster than anything. If you put your mobile network in the settings, to 2G instead of LTE huge huge improvement. Its like its only the wifi version. And when you need to use the mobile network just change it back to LTE....

namhuy

Dec 24, 2013
That's what I heard too, 4g, LTE.. Eats more battery than WiFi. I have WiFi version, you can even turn off WiFi when your screen is off, there is an option in settings.

Nam Huy Linux Blog namhuy.net

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I'm sure people are aware that LTE sucks battery life out of any mobile device faster than anything. If you put your mobile network in the settings, to 2G instead of LTE huge huge improvement. Its like its only the wifi version. And when you need to use the mobile network just change it back to LTE....

It's more signal strength than LTE itself. LTE uses less battery than wifi on my Nexus 5 and Moto X, but I am in a very high signal strength area.