Defy problem.

Search This thread

Chirag27

Aug 28, 2014
Hi guys.
My Defy switches on only when plugged in. If I remove the charger it suddenly switches off. Any idea what may be the problem?

MP1_

Dec 9, 2011
Sounds like a defective battery. Do you have a spare one to verify?

Of cause it can also be a lot of things sourrounding the charging circuit. If it is defective the battery will be drained at some point without being defecive itself.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Come to think of it this could also be caused by a defective usb-port (on the phone). Can you turn the phone on at all, when it's not connected to the usb-cable?

Reactions: Chirag27

Chirag27

Aug 28, 2014
Thanks a lot !

It was the defective battery. Tried my old battery and it works!. But this is the old battery with capacity which has decreased a lot..

Can the defective battery be repaired? Looks like a loose connection problem..

Thanks anyway.. :thumbup::D

MP1_

Dec 9, 2011
I doubt you'll be able to fix the battery. Usually when a battery dies there is something wrong with the chemestry inside it (like crystilization which leads to a physically expanding battery). I wouldn't bother. Just get a new one. But be aware most of the battery on ebay are fake and don't last nearly as long as an original motorola.

Chirag27

Aug 28, 2014
I doubt you'll be able to fix the battery. Usually when a battery dies there is something wrong with the chemestry inside it (like crystilization which leads to a physically expanding battery). I wouldn't bother. Just get a new one. But be aware most of the battery on ebay are fake and don't last nearly as long as an original motorola.

Yes you are right. Also it is not my primary phone now as I have a moto g. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like a defective battery. Do you have a spare one to verify?

Of cause it can also be a lot of things sourrounding the charging circuit. If it is defective the battery will be drained at some point without being defecive itself.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Come to think of it this could also be caused by a defective usb-port (on the phone). Can you turn the phone on at all, when it's not connected to the usb-cable?