Need ROOT help (this is irking me)

Search This thread

wphend00

Oct 1, 2007
So I bought my GN3, 3 weeks ago.
I decided to root 2 days ago.
I followed the instructions for CF autoroot, but something is wrong...
It has only "Half-rooted" my phone, and continues to do so.
I know this because:

1) When I try to load the Xposed Framework, it will not load the modules...and continues to show my phones status as not have the xposed framework installed, only the installer... and no matter how many times I hit the "install\update" button, it just sits there.

2) When I try to test the root, with root check, root checker says "phone is moving slowly" then reports that I do not have root./

The Boot Loader screen shows the following:
3) Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
4) Knox Warranty Void: 0x1
5) Write Protection: Enable

when the phone reboots, the SuperSU is installed..
YET, Genie Go will no longer load, because it reports the phone as being rooted.

Can I get some help?
I have tried the root process, 4 times...

wphend00

Oct 1, 2007
I know this because:

1) When I try to load the Xposed Framework, it will not load the modules...and continues to show my phones status as not have the xposed framework installed, only the installer... and no matter how many times I hit the "install\update" button, it just sits there.

2) When I try to test the root, with root check, root checker says "phone is moving slowly" then reports that I do not have root./

YET, Genie Go will no longer load, because it reports the phone as being rooted.

Can I get some help?

Also, when I run the CF root, when it is loading into recovery\bootloader to install the binaries, I see a message that says SEANDROID

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Also, when I run the CF root, when it is loading into recovery\bootloader to install the binaries, I see a message that says SEANDROID

Can you get into recovery? Or, have you installed it? You might as well do this (download the TWRP file to your computer, and the zip file to your phone before you start)...

Since Knox is already tripped, you should put your phone in download mode (from power off, hold volume down + home key + power key) flash the latest version of TWRP using PC Odin (versions 1.85, 3.07 or 3.09 are fine), using this tar file in the PDA slot...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t7oz141ub9nuqz/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.7-hltespr.img.tar

Make sure that on PC Odin that only PDA is checked, and if auto reboot is selectable, deselect it. As soon as it completely flashes, quickly hold the home button + volume up. This should take you straight into recovery.

From recovery, click install, then navigate to the location on your device where you downloaded this file (remember, I said to download everything first, and this should be on your phone), and flash,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sb2grrj6lv39yc/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip

That has the latest version of SuperSU, including the binaries. After flashing, reboot. You should have full root and working recovery.

And no longer in an irksome state of mind.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

wphend00

Oct 1, 2007
Can you get into recovery? Or, have you installed it? You might as well do this (download the TWRP file to your computer, and the zip file to your phone before you start)...

Since Knox is already tripped, you should put your phone in download mode (from power off, hold volume down + home key + power key) flash the latest version of TWRP using PC Odin (versions 1.85, 3.07 or 3.09 are fine), using this tar file in the PDA slot...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t7oz141ub9nuqz/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.7-hltespr.img.tar

Make sure that on PC Odin that only PDA is checked, and if auto reboot is selectable, deselect it. As soon as it completely flashes, quickly hold the home button + volume up. This should take you straight into recovery.

From recovery, click install, then navigate to the location on your device where you downloaded this file (remember, I said to download everything first, and this should be on your phone), and flash,

That has the latest version of SuperSU, including the binaries. After flashing, reboot. You should have full root and working recovery.

Good luck!

I still get "partial root".
When ever I try anything, using TWRP...I get
"e:unable to mount 'usbstorage'

The update zipe file works... but does not flash completely...
please help me.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay

please help me.

The unable to mount USB storage is an error message you may safely ignore IF you get a successful flash. If the flash fails, you'll get a red-lettered error message indicative of an unsuccessful flash.

Please advise as to which you are experiencing.

Also, could you provide a bit more detail on what you mean by partial root.

Thanks.

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
The unable to mount USB storage is an error message you may safely ignore IF you get a successful flash. If the flash fails, you'll get a red-lettered error message indicative of an unsuccessful flash.

Thanks.

Well I appreciate the pointers there. I'm coming from htc and lost the Samsung ways. Why did I stay there so long? So many bricks and locked bootloaders. Note 3 was a bit of an impulse buy. Hope it is as solid as it is big. Thanks again, needed that TWRP file. Goo isn't working for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck!

I know this because:

Can I get some help?

please help me.

Thanks.