My S5 keeps going to the call logs screen, all the time, on its own?

Search This thread

trichert

Jun 13, 2012
My S5 seems to be possessed. Its not rooted (cant anyway) no rom, have done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to the phone other then install my normal apps from the play store.

Yet the phone is constantly, about 20x a day just going to the 'call logs' screen. I've rebooted the phone, logged in and with nothing open poof call logs. It seems to happen more when my fingers are hovering near but not touching the screen, is there some sort of air gesture for call logs that I dont know about ? Its never any other screen, its not like its accidentally hitting the 'back' button. It is starting to get a bit annoying ..

blackwrx02

May 3, 2006
I notice mine opens apps "on its own". Not sure if its a gestures or hover thing or what. Usually gallery or phone, which are right next to each other on my home screen (all the way left). Must have something to do with it.

My S5 seems to be possessed. Its not rooted (cant anyway) no rom, have done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to the phone other then install my normal apps from the play store.

Yet the phone is constantly, about 20x a day just going to the 'call logs' screen. I've rebooted the phone, logged in and with nothing open poof call logs. It seems to happen more when my fingers are hovering near but not touching the screen, is there some sort of air gesture for call logs that I dont know about ? Its never any other screen, its not like its accidentally hitting the 'back' button. It is starting to get a bit annoying ..

YES!!! My Rogers (SM-G900W8) does it too! I thought it was probably because I installed something, but, now that I see you have the issue !!

peaster3

Apr 30, 2010
Texas
I posted this same question in the Q&A section regarding the call logs. Ultimately , I factory reset my phone. That fixed whatever the problem was. It was annoying the crap out of me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

trichert

Jun 13, 2012
I posted this same question in the Q&A section regarding the call logs. Ultimately , I factory reset my phone. That fixed whatever the problem was. It was annoying the crap out of me.

I found the problem, it was my galaxy gear 2, every time it 'checked' my phone for new messages it would leave the phone on the call log. I turned off the option to open content on my phone from my gear and all is well now !

Reactions: SirLoinOfBeef

SirLoinOfBeef

Jan 7, 2005
Perth
I have been experiencing this issue since upgrading to Lollipop on my S5. I too have a Galaxy Gear 2. I have just disabled 'Smart Relay' in the Gear App (which is what I presume you were referring to) and so far all seems good :) Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found the problem, it was my galaxy gear 2, every time it 'checked' my phone for new messages it would leave the phone on the call log. I turned off the option to open content on my phone from my gear and all is well now !