CM9DX2 anticipation

Search This thread

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Not sure why someone can't put together a small blur patch for CM7 or 9 that would get HDMI and the FM radio working. It seems nuts to just through away these hardware capabilities/ features for the purity of being on this AOSP only ROM. I'd love to try CM but won't give up these features. Plus, there are a lot of phones with radios and HDMI, so I don't get it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

If it was that simple, Dragon or Moon would've done it already. The fact that nothing has surfaced would lead on to think its a little beyond them.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Well,from what I understand, the drivers that are needed for HDMI to work aren't generic. They are proprietary drivers written by Motorola and they haven't (won't) release the source code for them. So, given that, any dev who wanted to try to get it working would have to write the drivers themselves. From the ground up. It would require a huge amount of time and work. Not such a simple task.

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
what i would like to know is why dk isnt sharing cm9 with aceoyame he needs certian file from it for miui it would be nice cause miui4dx2 is a fantastic rom just needs sound

Skelente

Aug 17, 2011
Ask moon shadow or message dragon on twitter if you really want to know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

From twitter:
@jaar57 said:
@dragonzkiller I think a lot of us would appreciate it if you put the source up on github for us to take a look at. Just saying.
4:45 PM - 17 Mar 12 via web · Details

@dragonzkiller said:
@jaar57 and I'd be the only one which knew what to do with it. Putting it up does nothing.
Hide conversation
9:30 AM - 26 Mar 12 via Mobile Web · Details

This is a pretty disappointing response IMHO. Granted, he had troubles with people making improper commits with his work on CM7 when he had more up on git, but honestly there are a lot of new android users on the dx2 and this would be a great opportunity for more people to LEARN so we wouldn't need to be dependent on one or two devs for our device (especially since the only major dev supporting not only this device but others as well is nitro). As we've already seen ace is definitely a capable dev (although being somewhat hindered by lacking init information) and if we had more information released we could see even more development for this device from other devs as well.

Plus, CM9 is nice and all but there are a lot more ICS based roms being developed now (AOKP, Gummy, Axiom, etc) that have progressed much faster than CM9 and everything is based on OPEN SOURCE. Credit can be given where due, and we are all definitely thankful for the work dzk and others have done thus far. BUT our device is difficult enough as it is with the proprietary libs and drivers used by Moto and nVidia, having this hindered by devs unwilling to release techniques used is just going to hinder the progress on the device, not better it.

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
You cannot see the future; Dragon MIGHT be planning on releasing everything shortly after he is finished. The man can withhold whatever info he wants. He owes us absolutely nothing.

And add far as his interactions with ace: it is quite possible they have been talking this whole time. You never know...

Reactions: Travisdroidx2

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
From twitter:

This is a pretty disappointing response IMHO. Granted, he had troubles with people making improper commits with his work on CM7 when he had more up on git, but honestly there are a lot of new android users on the dx2 and this would be a great opportunity for more people to LEARN so we wouldn't need to be dependent on one or two devs for our device (especially since the only major dev supporting not only this device but others as well is nitro). As we've already seen ace is definitely a capable dev (although being somewhat hindered by lacking init information) and if we had more information released we could see even more development for this device from other devs as well.

Plus, CM9 is nice and all but there are a lot more ICS based roms being developed now (AOKP, Gummy, Axiom, etc) that have progressed much faster than CM9 and everything is based on OPEN SOURCE. Credit can be given where due, and we are all definitely thankful for the work dzk and others have done thus far. BUT our device is difficult enough as it is with the proprietary libs and drivers used by Moto and nVidia, having this hindered by devs unwilling to release techniques used is just going to hinder the progress on the device, not better it.

Well I would love aokp on this beast and I'm sure tons upon tons of people could port it, without a 4.t kernal what would we have? Crap. U wanna help( u sound alot smarter than me) check out the kexec thing...

Cyanogenmod

Maximinus I

Nov 4, 2011
Well,from what I understand, the drivers that are needed for HDMI to work aren't generic. They are proprietary drivers written by Motorola and they haven't (won't) release the source code for them. So, given that, any dev who wanted to try to get it working would have to write the drivers themselves. From the ground up. It would require a huge amount of time and work. Not such a simple task.

HDMI already works in cm7dx2 but only in portrait.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Skelente

Aug 17, 2011
You cannot see the future; Dragon MIGHT be planning on releasing everything shortly after he is finished. The man can withhold whatever info he wants. He owes us absolutely nothing.

And add far as his interactions with ace: it is quite possible they have been talking this whole time. You never know...

Not saying he owes us ****, but I am saying that it would further the progress on this device. He can do whatever he want, but putting forward more information is going to be beneficial for him and us. Understandably he's got other **** to worry about, we all have other stuff to worry about, but the more heads working on this the better/faster we can get kinks sorted out.

Well I would love aokp on this beast and I'm sure tons upon tons of people could port it, without a 4.t kernal what would we have? Crap. U wanna help( u sound alot smarter than me) check out the kexec thing...

Cyanogenmod

Actually even with the GB kernel ICS would be great on our device. I've got a DX running Gummy right now and it's very smooth (and it can run CM9 and AOKP just fine as well). What would REALLY be beneficial though is the HWA (hardware acceleration). As far as working on this goes, I would love to get a working port of Gummy but this is my first Android device as well, so there is a lot to learn, which is compounded by the fact that not everything with our device is open source (so, again, props to dzk as this is clearly not a cakewalk.)

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
So no one else can produce what dragonzkiller has done? This is his baby why would he want to give it away? This is his project and he takes pride in his work. I would not hand it over also. I would want others to figure out what he did just like he did. Don't get me wrong I would love ICS but don't think DK needs to give away his work.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Not saying he owes us ****, but I am saying that it would further the progress on this device. He can do whatever he want, but putting forward more information is going to be beneficial for him and us. Understandably he's got other **** to worry about, we all have other stuff to worry about, but the more heads working on this the better/faster we can get kinks sorted out.

Actually even with the GB kernel ICS would be great on our device. I've got a DX running Gummy right now and it's very smooth (and it can run CM9 and AOKP just fine as well). What would REALLY be beneficial though is the HWA (hardware acceleration). As far as working on this goes, I would love to get a working port of Gummy but this is my first Android device as well, so there is a lot to learn, which is compounded by the fact that not everything with our device is open source (so, again, props to dzk as this is clearly not a cakewalk.)

Hahahahaha

Edit: my bad, dude snapped though lol.

Sent from My Rooted MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7

samari71

Jan 25, 2009
hey i seen this weekend where droid razr is getting ics update this week wondering if theres any way this could help us in getting ics sounds promising what do think

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
We may get some ICS/CM9 goodness this week from Dragonz!

IF (BIG IF) i get time this week, I'll release the version of #cm9dx2 i had running in the video. yes it's old, but it's all i have. -- dragonzkiller
So there you have it! We may get a CM9 super alpha version this week!!! :D

I am so excited!!!! :D

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Last edited:

B4Ctom1

Apr 6, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Is there a good thread for noobs to post bugs for CM7dx2? The how to thread asks for bugs to be posted in it, but it is a development thread so nogo for noobs (like me).

Last edited:

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Is there a good thread for noobs to post bugs for CM7dx2? The how to thread asks for bugs to be posted in it, but it is a development thread so nogo for noobs (like me).

I'm beginning to loathe the term noob. Don't label yourself man :)
Get your post count higher by hanging around the general section to get to the developer section. You don't have to be a dev to get into the section btw.

If you have multiple questions, start a thread in the q and a section.

Reactions: B4Ctom1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently, CM9 as a whole is having issues like dzk for other phones, so it's not just the x2.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Correct, the issues plague almost all builds of CM9. Please keep in mind that CM9 is BASED on ICS which was "just released" so it will take some time for all the developers to get it fully functioning. There are some Alpha and Beta releases of CM9 out there. These releases are coming from a development TEAM. The TEAM for the DX2 is one, damn awesome, developer. DragonZKiller! Hashcode is helping where he can, but he remains the lead CM9 developer for other platforms. I'm helping when I can (even though I don't code or program). It will take time. CM7 wasn't developed overnight, or in a couple of weeks either. Especially when the code changed from Froyo to Gingerbread. Keep this in mind. :D

Don't worry guys sooner or later you'll get your cm9. It'll work to the best he can get it. He wont release something he deams unworthy. Jm glad for that as one. I mean honestly who really wants to have a non functional cm9. Ohhh the boot screen is pretty or wow this rom works great. Personally I'm happy patiently waiting for the later.
    Doubt it'll be perfect but its gonna be worth the wait

Sent from my cyanocrack using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

As of my last test build from dragonzkiller, there were some where in the neighborhood of 13-15 items on the "do not work" punch list. Since then (about 2 weeks have transpired since that build) he has fixed a good number of these items. I haven't received another test build to test out, however, I am confident that things will progress.

Also, keep in mind that dragonzkiller is developing the cm9 ROM in his spare time. He has other commitments that are much more important to him. Give him breathing room, time, and the space to do what he does best.

I for one, am grateful that we have a committed developer for the DX2. I know he will post things via twitter (@dragonzkiller or http://www.twitter.com/#dragonzkiller) when he has something to share.

Ciao!
    patient-dog-1307138404-9326.jpg
    His twitter feed has always been the best place to keep track of his progess, did we really need a thread?

Not everybody uses twitter.....I can't stand it. This thread is very helpful for those who don't use twitter
    Blunt blowin hopin for a cm9 everytime I check xda -_-

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
    been trying to get dragonzkiller to pass along what he has on cm9dx2 maybe some of us could help get it up and running but not getting any reply we are pretty smart people here on this thread im sure one of us could fix it what do think

More like you're being impatient and demanding and you want to throw the responsibility on someone else. Just relax. DZK has done amazing work for us and he has a life. We need to let him do things on his time table, not push him away by enforcing ours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk