Can the Sanyo Juno be used as a donor phone?

Search This thread

tmb04

Apr 24, 2012
I want to know if the Sanyo Juno can be used as a donor phone when flashing to Shift to Boost Mobile? Or does it HAVE to be an Incognito or Rant? I thought it only had to be 3g. The only reason im asking is because on the back of my Juno it says QUALCOMM 3G CDMA. Unsure exactly what that means but I always assumed my phone was 3g

Also instead of creating another topic, what i've been hearing is that Flashing my Phone to boost is a much harder Process then if I were to flash it to Metro PCS or Cricket.

Personally I'd rather have Boost since that's what I like, But what about the performance if I were to Flash to either Metro, Virgin, Cricket or even Straight Talk? Do any of the other carriers have a clear advantage over Boost? And I dont mean their network in general but more along the lines if I were to have an EVO Shift Flashed to anyone of them. Which is the best performing network to Have on EVO shift?

Last edited:

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Just throwing this out there. I don't know where your at as far as Flashing the device. Whether you want to do it yourself, or don't care if someone else does it. I know around here where I live there are several BOOST Mobile places that will Flash the device over to BOOST for you. Fully functioning with MMS, SMS, Data, and calling features. IDK what they charge, or if they do mail order. But I'm sure if you check there should be someplace near you that will do it for you.

tmb04

Apr 24, 2012
I just recently came back from San Antonio so I know what you mean. There is probably a phone place on every single corner that will flash your phone for you. And cheap too. Like 20-30 dollars. But right now i'm in Ashtabula Ohio. Which is basically Bumblefuck.. I wouldnt mind paying someone else to flash it but people really try to charge something ridiculous like 70-150 dollars depending on if I need a donor phone or not. That's honestly the only reason why i'm tryna figure this **** out myself because I feel that price is a rip off. IDK though, I might try cricket instead because i'm hearing that's much much easier to flash too

tmb04

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah a couple people directed me there. I read the whole thread. But it seems to me it's more about helping the original poster get his MMS and Voicemail working on his phone that's already flashed to Boost mobile. Doesn't really explain how I can go about Flashing myself.

This guide Here explains how to flash to boost. I followed it pretty good all the way to the point where I had to flip and change my esn/meid.. That's where it got confusing and I stopped as I didnt want to damage my phone.

And most of the guides I find are nearly a year old or so. So they all say that the only phones that can be used as donor phones are either the Incognito or The Rant. Meaning for me to use Boost I would have to buy either one. Which brings me back to my original question of Is the Juno capable of being a donor phone as well?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
That I don't know. But I know there's a thread on how to put the OG EVO4G on Boost. It gets a lot more traffic than the Shift one. Maybe someone can point you in the right direction there. Also a quick search came up with THIS, and THIS THREAD.