Search This thread

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
hahaha

OK!

I have the SYS and XIP for hermes 23007 but i cant make it boots....
somebody has it?

Im uploading it now maybe someone can get it to works for this kitchen

New aproved! FCW congrats dude you figured out how to set point ui! nice to heard it!

Last edited:

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
OK!

I have the SYS and XIP for hermes 23007 but i cant make it boots....
somebody has it?

Im uploading it now maybe someone can get it to works for this kitchen

New aproved! FCW congrats dude you figured out how to set point ui! nice to heard it!

cheers dude. just wondering do you know what .bat i would need to edit to allow my next 6.5 stock like rom to be dumped? thanks to jwzg i know in older kitchens you need to edit the create_rom.bat and delete these lines
delete boot.hv
delete default.hv
allpackagestoone.exe
but this new kitchen doesnt have that .bat or appear to have those lines anywhere

Ps. i had the same problem with 21234 as your having with 23007. it seemed to be problem with the SYS but other people got it working without a problem maybe other people will have more luck with it.

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
well it seems that the dump process is easy

its easy to dump an nbh now you just need to run the ervius UI and the select dump in the bottom left button place you nbh file and... you are good to go!

Yes the problem was.. in the sys so i get another build from other device... and i hope it works now... BTW it seems that just me gets the builds...? come on guys support! hahaha

just kiddin... have a nice coocking.

Tell us how does the dump process went. ;)

FCW

Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
its easy to dump an nbh now you just need to run the ervius UI and the select dump in the bottom left button place you nbh file and... you are good to go!

Yes the problem was.. in the sys so i get another build from other device... and i hope it works now... BTW it seems that just me gets the builds...? come on guys support! hahaha

just kiddin... have a nice coocking.

Tell us how does the dump process went. ;)

well i did as you said. i have a dump folder and an xip folder. the xip isnt complete. something about it being protceted. its that protection i need to remove for it to be useful for other people to use my rom as a base for theyre own. also do you know how i then get the sys from the dump folder? i assume this would normaly get done after the xip was done but untill i can get rid of that protection i might as well see what else i can do with it

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
i can tell you..... i dont know
but you can visit the tutorials that ameet do... are amazing! or the Hilaireg to use this kitchen in winmo 6.1 is large an well xplained.

I[E

Jun 18, 2007
tried 23001 and 23008 removed chome and bronze and still get at most 15mb free ram. using real 6.5aku and lzx 6mb pp in the kitchen? anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
lets see

bronze
bronzeNonEA
Chome
lockscreen
lockscreenNonEA
Chome_Lang_XXXX
bronze_dpi_XX
chome_dpi_XX
lockscreen_dpi_XX

What else you can delete from the kitchen build...
one of this are necesary
FWupdate or Autoupdate!!!! cant remember wich one
ADC adobe flash y codecs
remotedesktopmobile
Entertainment
livesearch and all the live widgets like money,weather, and the folder called wmwidget
you can delete the netcf folder and add the last version
office
onenote
rings and alerts
sample music
skybox
skymarket
sqlcemobile
themes
transcriber
voicecommand
voip
voipos
welcome center

of course you ust to delete the correspondent dpi lang and resh V folders too.

I[E

Jun 18, 2007
i thought i got all of it, i'll have to go back through and check again after work. using your bare bones one now with no ram issues so i know it's not my hardware

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
YEAH!!

Could you make me a big favor dude!????

If you plan to cook try to remove the FWUPDATE folder and tell us if your rom boots... if dont boots tell us anyways jajaja

Remember to fully charge your batt cause whe you has a nonBootable rom the batt cant charge.... :(

Lets see wich of those folders can be deleted

FWUPDATE or AUTOUPDATE

Scotty93

Jul 26, 2008
Cambridgeshire
ye well im gonna change the xip version aswell but i dont have this autoupdate file in my kitchen so it might be the other one that cant be removed

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe a mod can make me a Favor and add more post to this thread if needed that will be great appreciated.

I will apreciate all the support from every people that use this kitchen in hermes to allow people get the info as clearly that a noob can install this wonderfull kitchen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!English is not my native lang, so grammar could be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all...
    You will need to upgrade your .net to the latest 3.5 version and install Microsoft Visual 2008 redist DL it here

Refeer to this threads to get more info.

Thanks to Hilaireg that allows me to use his tuto as base: Dude you're da man!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=521632&page=1

Thanks to Da_G to teach me on this new location of the ervius kitchen and many more important info: Man you rules!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=474406

You can get the kitchen that works for me here...
    http://rapidshare.com/files/252095433/new_visualkitchen_v_1_4_only_exe___Tools_folder_dsm_editor.rar

And the Updates can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=469420

Thanks Ervius you brings a revolution here on XDA (new 10.6 allow pkg update!!! OMG this is incredible!!! no more flash NOR and NAND unlocked to store and change SYS and XIP!!!)

thanks to BEPE too, to get this to work... This three guys maybe gonna rules the world!!!

!!Starting on!!

Inspecting the Facility

This is the kitchen root preview: as we can saw in c:\XDA
    Yes unrar it on C: and call it XDA to avoid the large name issues at CMD!

new1sqn.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXT Folder
    The External packages (EXT) folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder.

*Device Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific type of the device.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders and a Common folder.

ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System
    ººThe Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed on any Operating System build version.

extl.jpg

OEM Folder
    The OEM folder can contain multiple Device Specific folders.

*Device Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific type of the device.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.

ººThe Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
    ººLocale Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale.

oem.jpg

ROM Folder
    The ROM folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder.

*The Shared folder is typically used for kernel system files that are compatible amongst devices. (MSXIPKERNEL folder)
    *Device Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific type of the device. (OEMXIPKERNEL folder)

-The Shared folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.
    ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.
    ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System.

romr.jpg

SYS Folder
    The system (SYS) folder is divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.

*The Build Version Specific folders will often contain files (packages) specific to the device DPI (Dot Per Inch) and Horizontal/Vertical display size.

-Each Operating System Build Version Specific folder is further divided into a ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folder – providing a significant amount of flexibility during ROM compilation.

ººThe ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folders are further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.

···The Common folder is typically used for system files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
    ···Locale Specific folders are typically used for system files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale – for example, 0409 (English).

sys.jpg
    Continue...

!!!!!Setting up the ROM and SYS!!!!!

First of all:
    As we most know there is a NATIVE NK from Da_G but even if I try to get it working as is... i cant... so Utak3r has been edited the OEMXIPKERNEL and its so good. Thanks man this is Great!!!

get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=527454&page=4

This is just the XIP port... for 21815 build but as we must know:

OEMXIPKERNEL is the Kernel part that is device specific designed for... so we just gonna use this folder and of course... the "Romhdr.bin" and "os.nb.payload"

nativeoemxip.jpg

(so with this info we have the part of the kernel for every build we think to make) keep this files safe cause we gonna use it always. the xip.bin is not needed cause is not the meaning of this tutorial to port the XIP... so the kitchen wil ask for the file, instead that we dont want to port, so use the xip.bin that is on the build 23001 check the pic bellow.

The MSXIPKERNEL is the build OS specific kernel part... so...

The kitchen will takes the OEMXIPKERNEL (the native NK by Utak3r) and the MSXIPKERNEL for the build to be compiled, and we could have the kernel complete.

The MSXIPKERNELLTK folder (Logo Tool Kit) Is not needed, it has just a .DSM that allows the carrier to make important fixes and upgrades to thir ROMs (But even they didnt use it) so we dont need it anymore.

Well... we gonna set the kitchen with the BUILD 23001 so download the Port from TAI_Sw thanks a lot man! it was a great suport you had to all of us here!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=531819
    Unrar ir to a diferent folder cause we need to set this as a base...

I will use my kitchen as a base to reference... but first i will show you all the folders in SYS that has the 23001... so lets see what we got!

23001sys.jpg

Folder missing!
    get it here post #14: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=531819&page=2

BTW: the adobeflash_Lang_0804 is not our lang so delet it too and replace it with the match lang.

And we need too the MSXIPKERNEL from this build check it on the pic

23001xip.jpg

At this point we must to have this things

1.- Native OEMXIPKERNEL folder from Utak3er
    2.- Native os.nb.payload file from Utak3er
    3.- Native romhdr.bin file from Utak3er
    4.- MSXIPKERNEL folder from Tai's 23001
    5.- Xip.bin file from Tai's 23001
    6.- SYS folders from Tai's 23001
    7.- Ervius kitchen from my RS upload on first post

WHERE TO PLACE WHAT???!!!!

Pay attention on the place you put folders the name of the tree folder will gives you the correct place, so in the pics bellow i set at ""LEFT"" how it should be at finish and in the ""RIGHT"" the tree only for reference.

NOTE: if you see a folder on the original build ported address that you have miss to organize please ask or read again and see the pictures again. (I dont know what does the folders are for, well... maybe lots of them i knew, some others i dont...)

FIRST!!!! ROM
    Set romhdr.bin, os.nb.payload and xip.bin
    setrom1.jpg

Set OEMXIPKERNEL
    setrom2.jpg

Set MSXIPKERNEL
    setrom3.jpg

Time to sleep tomorrow this continue...
    Continue...

Second SYS!!!!!!
    check the tree always you dont need to create folders I already did it!!! just paste the folders on that folders... questions at the end please :p

sys1.jpg

sys2.jpg

sys3.jpg

sys4dtyuzq.jpg

sys5.jpg

sys6.jpg

Note!!!!! In Newer Kitchens... 1.7 to date, the .VM folder must be set on the following address: """C:\<YourkitchenNAme>\OEM\<YourdeviceNAME>"""" i dont know why newer kitchens cant found the .VM folder inside the common shared sys folder... :( Kepp it in mind!!!

Continue... next post
    Continue...

Third EXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

setext.jpg

Fourth OEM!!!!!!!!!!

setoem.jpg

Certainly, the kitchen ask for the OEM_LANG_0409 package and i thing all the others so... paste the whole OEM to this kitchen from the josh's kitchen.

(NOTE: For other devices.... That folders OEMDRIVERS OEMoperatorspkg,OEM LANG, can get that folders if you dump a stcok rom that is the most recommended if not... you can download a kitchen for your device that kitchen must have this folders)

Setting the .bat file for Hermes device!!!!!!!

dibujophj.jpg

If you make an update from the kitchen i posted(10.4) so you must to edit the .bat file as follow...

ppchange.jpg

Lemme introduce y'all the quote of the guy who make this posible... (pp change) you can get from this quote the lines.

BY Utak3r:

For all those who can't get pp right:
    Edit your TOOLS\kitchen_build_rom.bat and find the line with implantxip and replace it with those two lines:

..\TOOLS\osnbtool -ap xip.bin %pp%MB -y
    ..\TOOLS\implantxip -xip xip.bin -payload OS.nb.payload -imgstart %imgstart% -%uldr% -%nocert%

Of course you have to have osnbtool.exe in your tools directory

To end this process lets copy the osnbtoll.exe to tools as follow

pp2w.jpg

And we are good to go!!!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! we finish!!!!!!!!! its already set! so this is the kitchen UI, if everything was ok the kitchen launch without troubles if you saw an error check the folders it says (SVN folders don cause troubles at starting the build proces) SO just set the device, XIP, SYS EXT and OEM and select the apps to be installed or not clickng double. HAPPY COOKING GUYS!!!!

88704333.jpg

BTW i edit the build_rom.bat in the tools folder to make it for Hermes there is an option to set the ULDR but i cant figured out how to use it on hermes... the UI may change on every update so...

try it at your OWN risk IM not responsible for damages to your device

If you dont know what are you doing first ask to the bigger senior members that creates this before do anything... with this changes i made everything works fine.

If you cant even reading to understand this download the complete kitchen here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/253466344/XDA.rar

YOUR NOOB CHEF + QUE PPC

Want to donate for some pills? I will be very thankfull cause this headache is killing me.
    BUILDS ported for this kitchen

"""WELL THIS IS THE POST FOR MY PORTED BUILDS"""

WM6.5

My Complete Kitchen 1.4
    .23001 Kitchen
    My Complete Kitchen 1.6
    .23004 Kitchen
    Mirror 2share

Thanks to TWOPUMPCHUMP at Kaiser
    .23004 SYS MSXIPKernel
    .21921 SYS MSXIPKernel

Thanks to Cofeelb for the Resize fix
    .21925 SYS MSXIPKernel (Please test the rom is beta buggy hopes this works fine)

Thanks to Da_G
    .23008 SYS MSXIPKernel

21828 From TOPAZ Cingular thread.
    .21828 SYS MSXIPKERNEL

WM6.5.X

My Full Kitchen 1.6 Mirion B1 (the ext pkg for WOWHD is corrupted, delete it)
    23034 Mirion_B1 at Rapidshare
    23034 Mirion_B1 at Megaupload
    Mirror 2Share
    Mirror 4Share

My Full Kitchen 1.6 Mirion B4 (It has many more tools on the folder Mytools check it out!!! ready to mke a MirionB4 just load the ROM)
    23053 build - Rapidshare

Ported builds Thanks to the xda-devs, xbeta, and htcpedia teams
    23022 for EVK
    23028 for EVK
    23064 For hermes EVKMsxipkernel-23064

Inside the txt is the real link
    COM5 .23504 SYS WWE+ESN+MSXIPKernel

"""Mirrors thanks to nurkamol"""

Im calling all who knows how this works to make it update constantly

Im calling to all members to read first very well ask so much more and try this paciently before do anything or ask things described above.

Thanks to all.

Last Full Kitchen 1.8.2 21609 6.5.1
    Thanks to all for upgrade my ROMS