[Q] Need some help! Currently in a very bad situation.

Search This thread

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Okay, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but long story short:

I flashed a rom and instead of getting a new rom on my phone, the phone rebooted into fastboot. I tried to enter recovery... no dice. Somhow my recovery uninstalled itself. So now I'm stuck with a phone with no rom installed, and no recovery installed. Frustration.

First step would be to reinstall recovery right? But when attempting to use fastboot flash command, i get stuck at <waiting for device>. I have the htc phone driver installed, and it's recognizing the phone is plugged into the pc in device manager. The phone screen even says FASTBOOT USB. I have no idea why it's not flashing. The recovery i'm trying to flash is twrp, the latest sprint build. It's the same one I had before it somehow uninstalled itself.

Please help out guys?
Thanks.

Last edited:

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Details

Sorry for not making this clear earlier: the phone is the HTC One, Sprint. Just the regular one.

I'm really in a bind in here. Right now I have no recovery or rom to work with, and the only rom on my phone is the one that caused all this mess. I'm going to have to sideload a rom, but right now I need to get twrp on there. For some reason, it still won't get on, i'm still stuck at <waiting for device>. The phone is coming up on device manager as "My htc", so it's definitely plugged into the computer correctly. I have no idea what's going on.

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
Smells like bad usb drivers.

What does this command say:

fastboot devices

The result should be your device id. It not, your usb drivers are not working.

If it does work, I would RUU back to stock. Look at the faq page for links.

Last edited:
Reactions: EXDetonator

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Smells like bad usb drivers.

What does this command say:

fastboot devices

The result should be your device id. It not, your usb drivers are not working.

If it does work, I would RUU back to stock. Look at the faq page for links.

The command doesn't return anything. I guess this means my drivers aren't working. This doesn't make any sense though (pun intended): the phone is being recognized in device manager under "Android USB Devices" as "My HTC" via HTC's drivers that come with htc sync. I already downloaded htc sync and uninstalled it, keeping the driver files. This is really wierd stuff, any idea on how to get the drivers working? I'm sure if I could just get a recovery on there, resolving the issue wouldn't be too difficult via adb. Thanks.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Sounds like you are running Win 8.1.
Your phone won't be recognized if your hboot is 1.44

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Fixed! ...halfway

Alright guys, I flashed a recovery.

I actually started off with HTC's drivers, but they were causing the issue.

Thankfully the information the thread tdhite posted had a link to a working driver.

Thanks everyone! Now I need to sideload a rom.

Top Liked Posts