Unable to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

murtadha50

Sep 13, 2013
I just bought the Z2 phone which is UNBRANDED and check that the BOOTLOADER can be UNLOCKED under the configuration menu. The phone is rooted which I verified through a program. Using Android 4.4.2, Build 17.1.2.A..0.314

Tried the flashtools to unlock it

Flashtools - gives me the error that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Tells me to unplug the phone and turn it on.

Any help?

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
Try 2-3 times.
But first root with easyroot then backup the TA partition then while in root, unlock. Everything will work.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: murtadha50

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I just bought the Z2 phone which is UNBRANDED and check that the BOOTLOADER can be UNLOCKED under the configuration menu. The phone is rooted which I verified through a program. Using Android 4.4.2, Build 17.1.2.A..0.314

Flashtools - gives me the error that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Tells me to unplug the phone and turn it on.

Any help?

1. install all drivers
2. run flashtool as admin
3. make sure your imei code was right
4. make sure your unlock code was right
5. try again a few times

misc. check if your bootloader is unlockable in your service menu, does it say rooting is alowed (i dont remember what menu this was in):*#*#SERVICE#*#* in your dialier

murtadha50

Sep 13, 2013
1. install all drivers
5. try again a few times

misc. check if your bootloader is unlockable in your service menu, does it say rooting is alowed (i dont remember what menu this was in):*#*#SERVICE#*#* in your dialier

Yes rooting is allowed

Im using flashtool only as admin not the official method and tried alot with no luck

murtadha50

Sep 13, 2013
Iv’e tried to unlock via flashtool as above but it tells me it cannot be officially unlocked, before doing this I checked on the phone and it says bootloader unlockable yes

linjes

Sep 15, 2013
You have to root first to backup TA partition (or don't haha but please do it is essentially your warranty)
Then go to the Sony Dev page to get your unlock code. You need your imei. Then, use that in fastboot(not flashtool oops). The instructions are in the Sony page. This WILL wipe your phone so you might wanna tibu stuff into your sdcard

Sent from my LG-D802

murtadha50

Sep 13, 2013
You have to root first to backup TA partition (or don't haha but please do it is essentially your warranty)
Then go to the Sony Dev page to get your unlock code. You need your imei. Then, use that in fastboot(not flashtool oops). The instructions are in the Sony page. This WILL wipe your phone so you might wanna tibu stuff into your sdcard

Sent from my LG-D802

I have backuped TA

If i use the official way from sony will it be a problem if I want to relock it again for warranty purposes or if occured faults for the device?

Do Sony know that i have unlocked the bbotloader then it will void warrant even if I lock it again?

linjes

Sep 15, 2013
I have backuped TA

If i use the official way from sony will it be a problem if I want to relock it again for warranty purposes or if occured faults for the device?

Do Sony know that i have unlocked the bbotloader then it will void warrant even if I lock it again?

No idea but I doubt it. The unlock process cannot send a notification to Sony, but I am not sure what their policy is on you obtaining the unlock code. Should be fine though :)

Sent from my LG-D802

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
I have backuped TA

I would suspect that if Sony wanted to be arses about it that they will take the obtaining an unlock code as proof it was unlocked, do you tick a box to say you accept you are voiding your warranty when you request the code? But it doesn't make a difference what method you use as both require the unlock code from Sony.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try 2-3 times.
    But first root with easyroot then backup the TA partition then while in root, unlock. Everything will work.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Any help?

1. install all drivers
    5. try again a few times

You might want to try the "old-fashion" way?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2440597

Sent from my LG-D802
    I have backuped TA

No idea but I doubt it. The unlock process cannot send a notification to Sony, but I am not sure what their policy is on you obtaining the unlock code. Should be fine though :)

Sent from my LG-D802