[Version 1.1 available now] HiddenEye - Catch your phone snoopers red handed !

Search This thread

millennium007

Oct 29, 2008
Bangalore
What's in this version:
* "Delete Records" will now delete all images that are captured. It will also delete images from "HiddenEye" within DCIM folder on your phone.
* Captured images will now immediately appear in your Gallery enabling quicker dropbox sync
* Other minor bug fixes.

Ever wanted to know who has tried snooping into your phone while you were away. Your friends or family member might have tried to unlock your phone while you are away. HiddenEye is a simple app with no frills that will photograph the person when they try to unlock your phone. You can set it to sound alarm when a user tries to unlock your phone without your knowledge.

Now you can see who is trying to use your phone while you are away. Once you unlock your phone, you will be shown the photographs of the people who tried unlocking your phone in your absence. Sounds interesting ! Try it and let us know if you have any suggestion to improve it further.

Worried that your phone does not have front camera. With HiddenEye, now you can know the someone has tried to snoop into your phone. You can also set alarm if someone is trying to unlock your phone with wrong password. If you have a front camera, then you can see who tried unlocking your phone.

Download this FREE now from Google Play

HiddenEye Plus now available with new features and new look

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,553
Last edited:

millennium007

Oct 29, 2008
Bangalore
This app is incompatible with your Asus Nexus 7.

Thanks for pointing it out.. i just learn't that nexus does not allow apps to use its camera.. I will be putting an update soon, which will allow you to install the app on nexus, but no photographs will be taken.. You can only configure HiddenEye to sound alarm or to notify you that someone has tried to unlock the phone. Unfortunately, you will not be able to see their picture ;(

Reactions: pyler and mitrjoshi

compact_bijou

Nov 17, 2006
Absurdistan
Thanks for pointing it out.. i just learn't that nexus does not allow apps to use its camera.. I will be putting an update soon, which will allow you to install the app on nexus, but no photographs will be taken.. You can only configure HiddenEye to sound alarm or to notify you that someone has tried to unlock the phone. Unfortunately, you will not be able to see their picture ;(

Someone here has been able to access the camera and turn the N7 into a mirror so it is possible to access the camera on the N7

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1787612

Nice idea, just needs more dev.

Last edited:

taqulic

Aug 8, 2010
Just tried Tasker, and it has access to the camera...When screen unlocked, take picture. works fine. Using discreet mode.

millennium007

Oct 29, 2008
Bangalore
I just installed from play store. Can't take picture.

Can you confirm if you have done the following...
1. Security Status = ON
2. Set Pin or Pattern to your lock screen...
3. turn on notification and sound alarm

Once you have done these, then try entering invalid passwords on lockscreen... check if anyone of these are working..

a) taking pictures.
b) hidden eye alert on the notification bar
c) play your default ringtone after 3 failed attempts..

let me know how it goes.. thanks for trying...

taqulic

Aug 8, 2010
Installs fine. Alarm works after failed attempts, but no picture, Shows icon
placeholders. Notification working.

Last edited:

cclau

Aug 7, 2008
Pictures taken but just logo. Not real pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

xenocide976

Jun 16, 2008
can we delete all the pictures rather then keeping the last 6?
was testing it alot and its always showing the last 6. wanted to clear them out once i got it right.

Please advise

Run L1ke H3LL

Aug 11, 2012
Pictures do not save only shows the placeholder image. After you get this sorted out I have a suggestion for a possible feature. Automatic upload to drop box or to have the picture sent to a specified email. It would be great as a backup if the device was stolen. As we know the Nexus 7 does not have cell service so tracking it when lost would be difficult. That being said most thieves are going to try to unlock it once while still in a hotspot. This would make a great chance to capture their picture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: millennium007

millennium007

Oct 29, 2008
Bangalore
can we delete all the pictures rather then keeping the last 6?
was testing it alot and its always showing the last 6. wanted to clear them out once i got it right.

Please advise

This is a planned feature for next version. It will have this option of delete all images instead of retaining last 6.. Stay tuned..

EDIT: New version with delete option available now...

Last edited:

millennium007

Oct 29, 2008
Bangalore
Pictures do not save only shows the placeholder image. After you get this sorted out I have a suggestion for a possible feature. Automatic upload to drop box or to have the picture sent to a specified email. It would be great as a backup if the device was stolen. As we know the Nexus 7 does not have cell service so tracking it when lost would be difficult. That being said most thieves are going to try to unlock it once while still in a hotspot. This would make a great chance to capture their picture.

There is an updated version, please try and let me know how it goes... The captured images are placed in the DCIM folder, so if you have dropbox configured to sync your photos, these captured images will also be synced to your dropbox...

wombatwilson

Jul 10, 2008
I'm getting the same issue just a blue picture of a person and nothing else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's in this version:
    * "Delete Records" will now delete all images that are captured. It will also delete images from "HiddenEye" within DCIM folder on your phone.
    * Captured images will now immediately appear in your Gallery enabling quicker dropbox sync
    * Other minor bug fixes.

Ever wanted to know who has tried snooping into your phone while you were away. Your friends or family member might have tried to unlock your phone while you are away. HiddenEye is a simple app with no frills that will photograph the person when they try to unlock your phone. You can set it to sound alarm when a user tries to unlock your phone without your knowledge.

Now you can see who is trying to use your phone while you are away. Once you unlock your phone, you will be shown the photographs of the people who tried unlocking your phone in your absence. Sounds interesting ! Try it and let us know if you have any suggestion to improve it further.

Worried that your phone does not have front camera. With HiddenEye, now you can know the someone has tried to snoop into your phone. You can also set alarm if someone is trying to unlock your phone with wrong password. If you have a front camera, then you can see who tried unlocking your phone.

Download this FREE now from Google Play

HiddenEye Plus now available with new features and new look

Why hasnt this thread been moved or locked? You cant get this app for the Nexus 7 from the Play store because it is not compatible and hasnt been since release. The Nexus 7 is a tablet not a phone. Am I missing something?