[Q] Full wiping and residue files

Search This thread

Bosio91

Sep 21, 2010
Torino
This is a question that has been bugging me for some time since my technical knowledge on Android doesn't go that deep.

Whenever we do a factory reset with either TWRP or CMW recovery to change from one ROM to another, does that action delete EVERYTHING from the previous ROM, or are there some residue files left?

Every now and then, whenever I see that my device feels slow or having lots of small issues, I flash the stock Google factory image, which deletes pretty much everything extra, and start again from there.
Do any of you do this aswell once in a while? Or is it useless?

Any other tips to help my little bit of OCD regarding a clean file library?

Thanks!

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
This is a question that has been bugging me for some time since my technical knowledge on Android doesn't go that deep.

Whenever we do a factory reset with either TWRP or CMW recovery to change from one ROM to another, does that action delete EVERYTHING from the previous ROM, or are there some residue files left?

Every now and then, whenever I see that my device feels slow or having lots of small issues, I flash the stock Google factory image, which deletes pretty much everything extra, and start again from there.
Do any of you do this aswell once in a while? Or is it useless?

Any other tips to help my little bit of OCD regarding a clean file library?

Thanks!

No a factory reset doesnt wipe anything. In fact it only wipes your data (your apps and any app data). So if you want to start clean you must wipe: factory, cach, system, dalvik cache.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app