Lock Screen Weather Unavailable...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5843740
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5843740

Anybody have thoughts?

Using a gold one on AT&T, carrier locked from best buy.

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Any help would be appreciated.:)

snowkilts

Jan 22, 2007
Detroit
Anybody have thoughts?

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.

Reactions: wbbjason

IcarusLSC

Sep 19, 2011
Ontario
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.

I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?

Last edited:

snowkilts

Jan 22, 2007
Detroit
I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?

Works fine on mine with Location Mode set to "Battery Saving".

I believe the only difference between "Battery Saving" and "High Accuracy" is that "High Accuracy" turns on the GPS, which does not use any data, but does consume battery.

Haik0

May 15, 2012
Oh, so I'm probably better off using the High Accuracy then?! Weird it doesn't work on mine with the Battery saving options or other though...

No! You got it wrong. The "High Accuracy" mod uses GPS in conjunction with your Mobile Data, so you are not "better off using it", cuz not only it will consume your mobile data, but also your battery. That's why it called High Accuracy, because it uses both resources to obtain high accuracy!
"Battery Saving" works just fine with the HTC weather widget, no need for the High Accuracy.

klear6

Dec 19, 2015
Los Angeles
Anyone figure this out yet?

Same problem one m9. Location services makes no difference when I change it. No weather widgets from any app are accurate for very long or at all. Not quite sure what to try next.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody have thoughts?